Lumberton Raiders Future.

This seems to be an 'annual' thread...and should be more appropriately entitled "Why is Lumberton so bad...again..."  For what its worth:

1.  Lumberton is not very talented right now.  That's no one's fault, just the way it is.  When you play baseball in SE Texas, there is a lot of talent and a lot of talented teams.  The Raiders are not so blessed.  GET BETTER.

2.  There always seems to be a faction of parents and (perhaps) players who blame the coach.  Doesn't matter who it is.  Doesn't matter if he is a good coach, bad coach or mediocre coach.  He gets the blame.  LET THE COACH DO HIS JOB AND LEAVE HIM ALONE.

3.  Instead of finger pointing (its the seniors...not, its the underclassmen...look, the senior got all our hits against LCM), find the good and work from that.  So what if the seniors (or juniors, or 8th graders for that matter) got the hits.  You lost 15-1.  BE A TEAM.

You want to be a better baseball team?  The players need to get stronger.  They need to get better.  You want your coach to be Tony LaRussa?  Give him something to work with and let him run with it.  You want Lumberton baseball to be a team?  Then act like a team and go from there.

Face the facts...Lumberton is gonna finish dead last in their district.  Behind Ozen (their only win so far).  Behind Central.  Behind everyone. 

Okay...I feel better.  I vented.  Every year, even though it may be different screen names...its the same old posts.  It gets old.  There.  End of post.

first of all.. im not saying the seniors make the team.. im taking up for them. the guy said that NONE of the seniors can even catch a pop-up! come on now, you'd take up for your self too. good lord! i never said anything about the seniors make the team etc. take a chill pill!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

Brevell was a hell of a coach and rengaya is too........when you got seniors making errors and missing routine fly balls then a changes need to be made.....your getting 10 run rule so why not let the younger guys play there not going to do any worse than what yall are doing now..........I mean if yall can't be coachable then I wouldn't play yall either....if yall want to be good then yall need to respect your coach and do what he says........you have no players that are good so you need to realize that........you got to play hard you got to work hard you got to give everything out there for your coach and good things will happen you can't always blame the coach....yall are the ones hitting, pitching, and fielding so do your damn job...you got to have players to win and Lumberton talent is down really bad right now.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

man all district doesn't mean anything all that stuff is overated.....it just comes down to Lumberton doesn't have any good baseball players....they don't have one player that can go play at the juco level right now or at any college level......in the past Lumberton had some good players..they just don't have the players right now.....y'all need to let Reyenga coach and the parents need to stop bitching because there sons aren't playing the truth hurts your kids aren't that good and if the seniors can't step it up and do there job then reyenga is doing the right thing play the younger guys becasue there going to give you a 100 percent becasue you can't do any worse then what you are doing right now........you got seniors that are 18 years old and they can't  catch a dang pop fly I mean thats horrible.....

Ok enough is enough !!! You guys need to realize that this is JUST High School Baseball and in the BIG SCHEME of things isn't really all that important.

Have you stopped to think that these ARE just kids. And yes they DO read these forums. You can't make them feel any worse than they already do.

The Lumberton Raiders practice EVERYDAY just like everyone else in their district. Probably even harder because they are really struggling. So they aren't doing so hot again this year. We can all speculate as to why- Players fault ? Coaching ? Parents ? It is what it is ...... Too late to repair this year.  Why don't we let them enjoy what is left of the season and just go out and play ball. Isn't that what its all about ? 

Brevell was a heck of a coach and rengaya is too........when you got seniors making errors and missing routine fly balls then a changes need to be made.....your getting 10 run rule so why not let the younger guys play there not going to do any worse than what yall are doing now..........I mean if yall can't be coachable then I wouldn't play yall either....if yall want to be good then yall need to respect your coach and do what he says........you have no players that are good so you need to realize that........you got to play hard you got to work hard you got to give everything out there for your coach and good things will happen you can't always blame the coach....yall are the ones hitting, pitching, and fielding so do your dang job...you got to have players to win and Lumberton talent is down really bad right now.....

there yall go again. we practice our asses off, it just doesnt work out in the games. we have talked about it at practice. why dont you get YOUR happy a** to one of our practices and see how HARD we work and that we do RESPECT our coach. now yall wont have a negative thing to say about lumberton. maybe our talent is down right now ... but quit singling one year of guys out. everyone enjoys playing with each other, things just arent going our way this year.

go ahead and post how crazy we are and whatnot, but in reality the lumberton raiders know that we work hard!

Guest ltownbaseball9

If high school baseball isn't important then why are you playing....thats whats wrong with Lumberton Parents and players its just High school baseball....well you know what High school baseball is very important at LCM,Nederland,PNG,VIDOR,Bridge City, and some more schools around the area and thats why THEY WIN......Thats WHY LUMBERTON LOSES BECASUE ITS NOT IMPORTANT ITS JUST HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL....why bother to play if its not important......

Brevell was a heck of a coach and rengaya is too........when you got seniors making errors and missing routine fly balls then a changes need to be made.....your getting 10 run rule so why not let the younger guys play there not going to do any worse than what yall are doing now..........I mean if yall can't be coachable then I wouldn't play yall either....if yall want to be good then yall need to respect your coach and do what he says........you have no players that are good so you need to realize that........you got to play hard you got to work hard you got to give everything out there for your coach and good things will happen you can't always blame the coach....yall are the ones hitting, pitching, and fielding so do your dang job...you got to have players to win and Lumberton talent is down really bad right now.....

Obviously some of you that are talking this trash aren't at the games.  When Lumberton has been 10 run ruled - there was only 1 maybe 2 Seniors on the field.  Coach is a good coach and talking this trash about the players needs to stop.  A team is made up of players and it does not matter their age or if they are a Fresh., Soph., Jr. or Sr., what matters is how they perform as a team.  I hope that some of this trash talk isn't coming from any of the players or the parents, if it is you're not much of a team player or parent!  It's people such as yourselves who give a town a bad reputation!

Guest baseballa

Like they have already said we are working hard, but also highschool baseball does matter it is preparation for college or even majors and minors. but were looking at it all wrong. we need to first find the love of the game and then winning. winning is fun and i know this sounds corny but its not all about winning.

coach reynga tells us to play as much as we can and watch baseball when we cant play. even though hes played,watched and coached a buttload of games every time he watches a game he learns something. if he learns something how much more can we learn. just let us play the game.

hes a great coach and he is working his butt off for us.

What I meant was exactly what you said. It may sound corny but it may not always be about winning. Yes it would be nice to win, but that wasn't in the cards this year. Instead of everyone bringing them down and talking trash to them why not give them some words of encouragement ? Freshman through Seniors ? The team as a whole ? They all practice together and in their own way ARE contributing. Simply by showing leadership for their school by wanting to represent their team is enough for me. Maybe people should take some lessons in class from this group of guys. They respect and are learning from their coach (which Lumerton players and parents like and want to stay). They also have each others back, despite the record they have this year. Things will look up for you Raiders. Go out there and have a good time.

Enjoy the rest of your season......

Personally, I hope all the Lumberton Raiders read these "good", "supportive" comments and know that there are people who stand behind them win or lose.

one things that some of you guys do not know out there, is that lumberton has some of the best young talent around. the jv team is just plain dominating, most of the games not even close. right now there are probaly 3 players on that jv that could contribute to helping the varsity team winning. but, they won't get to play everyday. so coach reyenga is doing a very smart thing by letting them stay down to continue to play everyday and get better. and there is only one senior starter on varsity, the rest lower classmen. and every one of them work there butts off to try to get better, and we are. we all knew that we weren't going to be a winning team right away...so just give us time, and a little bit of support, well heck you don't even have to give us support. but we will be a winning team within the next two years.

I agree with the previous post.  It takes a bit of time, normally, for a new coach to come in and establish his program, learn the student athletes, and student athletes learn the coach.  Lumberton will build on what they have now, develop, and turn things around.  Good luck and keep on working!

and don't put lumberton's seniors down, because the 5 or 6 seniors that the team has, are going to be a reason for success. because in the 4 years that they have been at lumberton, they have gone through 3 coaches, and they continue to fight and not give up. and they support everyone on the team. so don't put the seniors down!

The Raiders will be fine !! Once they have a system in place and the kids believe in it, Lumberton will be the Class of 4A/5A Baseball in this area. I drove around Lumberton the other day and the growth is incredible ! So you know its just a matter of time before all of those little rascals running around that can afford to play select ball and get loads of private lessons reach high school and dominate the diamond. I am suprised that know one has built an indoor training facility for baseball, Lumberton is ready for one and it would do great business..

I will say this Lumberton Baseball and Softball needs some new facilities but that can wait, its not the AD fault that the baseball team isn't winning its the talent and Lumberton no talent what so ever.....The softball team has some of the best talent around the area and the AD does need to come to a softball game and watch becasue with the talent they have he will realize a GOOD coach with some discpline and that knows the game can get these girls to go a long way.....

are you sure they don't have any freshman playing varsity?  I though there was a pitcher/firstbasemen that was a freshman.  How many seniors do they have playing should be the question.  And when is the talent going to show up.  Little league all stars don't automatically mean they are talented either

are you sure they don't have any freshman playing varsity?  I though there was a pitcher/firstbasemen that was a freshman.  How many seniors do they have playing should be the question.  And when is the talent going to show up.  Little league all stars don't automatically mean they are talented either

to answer your question about the freshman... his name is tyler erikson, and hes really helped the varsity team out this year. he usually plays one game on jv and the other on varsity every week.

yea i forgot about erickson, he has done a very good job a varsity player, coming up with a season that most varsity players would be proud of, especially freshmen. and lumberton has in betweek 2-3 seniors playing. all 3 talented. its just ashame that they couldnt have had the same coach throughout there highschool career. they couldve done great things with sum regularity out of there hc.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder