Nederland 54 Lumberton 49/FINAL

10 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Not really. We always struggle when we play AT Lumberton. Even in our 12-0 season , we barely won. But then we play them at home and win by 20+. Weird. Plus, Ozen recently squeeked by Lumberton as well. 

But Ozen is riddled with injury.  And Nederland has one of the best in the country.  Not a fair comparison, according to some.

49 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But Ozen is riddled with injury.  And Nederland has one of the best in the country.  Not a fair comparison, according to some.

Ned is led by a sophomore that doesn’t have a lot of help around him, but I know you love to hate him. He’s very unselfish and doesn’t force things often. Very solid player, but I think his best days are certainly junior and senior season. His first game vs the “Big 3” wasn’t a very good game for him, but he scored 15 with 6 boards and he was the only one to register on the dunk-o-meter that night. Ned only scored in the 30’s that night. Ned will have a lot of close games and a 3rd or 4th place district finish, but the kid will continue to improve. Hope to see him add some weight in the next 2.5 years though!

19 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Ned is led by a sophomore that doesn’t have a lot of help around him, but I know you love to hate him. He’s very unselfish and doesn’t force things often. Very solid player, but I think his best days are certainly junior and senior season. His first game vs the “Big 3” wasn’t a very good game for him, but he scored 15 with 6 boards and he was the only one to register on the dunk-o-meter that night. Ned only scored in the 30’s that night. Ned will have a lot of close games and a 3rd or 4th place district finish, but the kid will continue to improve. Hope to see him add some weight in the next 2.5 years though!

I hope he does do well.  I'm just really just poking at the ones that laughed when I was asking serious questions about this kid.  

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Unless of course you are talking about $250k to $500k scholarships.  But yeah, for message board heroes, you’re spot on ;) 

Talking about the benifit of competition and camaraderie with your teammates, not  individual self investments like scholarships.  And BTW, there's other ways to score scholarships besides AAU ball.  

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Talking about the benifit of competition and camaraderie with your teammates, not  individual self investments like scholarships.  And BTW, there's other ways to score scholarships besides AAU ball.  

I have zero doubt you are out of your element in this argument, as virtually everyone has known other than you.  Indeed this has become a ridiculous, tired line that you’ve taken throughout this “crusade” of yours. 

Of course there are a variety of ways to earn scholarships.   But for basketball, certainly the best recipe is playing high profile summer ball.   But don’t take my word for it, ask the guys that have those schollies to give.   And I’ve been to multiple events in the past few years with scores of those guys.  One such event routinely has 300 plus D1 coaches under 1 roof.  Let me know the next time a “Big 3” game gets say 10 percent of that number, maybe even 1 percent of that number.  

But for someone who always seems focused on points alone, it is nice to see you mention being a teammate.  Because unselfishness and being a great teammate happens to be one of this kid’s biggest strengths.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I have zero doubt you are out of your element in this argument, as virtually everyone has known other than you.  Indeed this has become a ridiculous, tired line that you’ve taken throughout this “crusade” of yours. 

Of course there are a variety of ways to earn scholarships.   But for basketball, certainly the best recipe is playing high profile summer ball.   But don’t take my word for it, ask the guys that have those schollies to give.   And I’ve been to multiple events in the past few years with scores of those guys.  One such event routinely has 300 plus D1 coaches under 1 roof.  Let me know the next time a “Big 3” game gets say 10 percent of that number, maybe even 1 percent of that number.  

But for someone who always seems focused on points alone, it is nice to see you mention being a teammate.  Because unselfishness and being a great teammate happens to be one of this kid’s biggest strengths.  

Right on coach but remember you talking to someone that doesn’t wanna listen to you 

I'm just saying that my points are getting proven by themselves.  First half of district has 2 of the big 3 left and I know what'll happen in those games.  What I didn't account for was a struggle with L-Town.  What I'm saying is this didn't happen to players in the past like To To, Weisbrod, heck even a Doty or Minguez.  

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Why are you still entertaining this guy let him talk obviously he is trolling the young man. Just let him ramble about how he can’t get it done against the BIG 3 whoever the heck they are.  Most of us pretty much know the ins & outs with this basketball thing. He cant help it and the more we give this crusade attention the more he will keep talking about it.

It's funny when someone don't agree with the masses, others become cheerleaders and poke fun of someone else's knowledge.  Quick to co-sign on someone else's point when not too long ago, they were called out on foolishness and they surprisingly went mute.  I get it though.  

But I'll wait until the matchup with the the other big three and yet again, make my analysis, with or without your backing...

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's funny when someone don't agree with the masses, others become cheerleaders and poke fun of someone else's knowledge.  Quick to co-sign on someone else's point when not too long ago, they were called out on foolishness and they surprisingly went mute.  I get it though.  

But I'll wait until the matchup with the the other big three and yet again, make my analysis, with or without your backing...

Come on man really you know what your doing and your wrong. It’s cool your entitled to your opinion no one is disputing that  but you going to the extreme trying to discount whether this kid can play the game or not. Quick point Tim Brown(Notre Dame) won 4 games his entire hs career but still went on to win the Heisman and have a great Pro career. So relax Mr.Big3 kid will be ok all eggs don’t hatch on the same day.  And I keep asking you who caled me out on what I’m lost !!!

11 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Come on man really you know what your doing and your wrong. It’s cool your entitled to your opinion no one is disputing that  but you going to the extreme trying to discount whether this kid can play the game or not. Quick point Tim Brown(Notre Dame) won 4 games his entire hs career but still went on to win the Heisman and have a great Pro career. So relax Mr.Big3 kid will be ok all eggs don’t hatch on the same day.  And I keep asking you who caled me out on what I’m lost !!!

Well, I'm waiting.  As ive said before, can't wait to see.  I'll be satisfied...but what happened on the aau circuit and what's going on now is pretty contradictory.  You have to admit.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just saying that my points are getting proven by themselves.  First half of district has 2 of the big 3 left and I know what'll happen in those games.  What I didn't account for was a struggle with L-Town.  What I'm saying is this didn't happen to players in the past like To To, Weisbrod, heck even a Doty or Minguez.  

Somebody said it earlier Lumberton always plays Nederland close at home. 

Weisbod 64-58

Miguez 60-51