Texas A&M Basketball 2017-2018

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Bill Walton is wasted.  Him and the other guy may fight before this game is over. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I would have already punched his ass

He is without question unlistenable (made up word?).  I can’t do it and can’t believe he gets paid to slobber nonsense into a microphone. 

Bill Walton is wasted.  Him and the other guy may fight before this game is over. 

To be clear, I recorded the game.  Got home an hour ago, turned it on and saw Walton.  Turned to my wife and dropped an expletive.  Will have to watch without sound.  He’s that bad. 

On 11/27/2017 at 2:36 PM, TxHoops said:

Yeah, no idea what’s going on with them, they’ve looked terrible.  Obviously, there is some turmoil going on there with recent recruiting allegations.  But that team is stacked and has probably the 3rd overall pick in next year’s draft in Ayton (behind Bagley and Porter).  

Why do the only incite full posts on an Aggie thread continues to come from a Longhorn?

” This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser

still can’t fix stupid 

• 2 weeks later...

I would make a snarky comment about a 6 pt win over the Northern Kentucky at home looking good on a March resumé but that would be pretty dumb.  Instead I will point out that our guy Savion Flagg registered his first double double (12p,10r) while JJ Caldwell got his first start.  JJ showed the basketball unsavvy Ags a glimpse of what the fuss has been about and the basketball junkie Ags what they’ve been expecting.  6 points, 4 assists and 8 boards.  From what I hear, teammates screwed up at least another 4 easy assists on missed point blank shots. And of course, Duane Wilson continues to impress.  I kind of liked this line up with Wilson playing the 2.  He can definitely spell Admon in that spot when Gilder returns. 

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I would make a snarky comment about a 6 pt win over the Northern Kentucky at home looking good on a March resumé but that would be pretty dumb.  Instead I will point out that our guy Savion Flagg registered his first double double (12p,10r) while JJ Caldwell got his first start.  JJ showed the basketball unsavvy Ags a glimpse of what the fuss has been about and the basketball junkie Ags what they’ve been expecting.  6 points, 4 assists and 8 boards.  From what I hear, teammates screwed up at least another 4 easy assists on missed point blank shots. And of course, Duane Wilson continues to impress.  I kind of liked this line up with Wilson playing the 2.  He can definitely spell Admon in that spot when Gilder returns. 

Northern Kentucky is usually a tournament team and A&M was missng 2 starters and another key contributer.

It was nice to see the guys you mentioned get more minutes going into conference.  Flagg is a high energy guy that needs to be on the floor. Hopefully cutting into Trocha’s playing time. JJ had a good game as well in his 1st start.  The other players still need to get used to the fact that he can pass the ball at any time from any spot on the court and get some heat on it.  They aren’t used to elite level passing just yet.  

One more non conference  game, before going on the road to face a solid Alabama team to start SEC play on Dec 30th.

Northern Kentucky is usually a tournament team and A&M was missng 2 starters and another key contributer.

It was nice to see the guys you mentioned get more minutes going into conference.  Flagg is a high energy guy that needs to be on the floor. Hopefully cutting into Trocha’s playing time. JJ had a good game as well in his 1st start.  The other players still need to get used to the fact that he can pass the ball at any time from any spot on the court and get some heat on it.  They aren’t used to elite level passing just yet.  

One more non conference  game, before going on the road to face a solid Alabama team to start SEC play on Dec 30th.

I said it was dumb, which it is, to talk about a December win being a resumé hiccup.  As for Northern Kentucky being “usually a tournament team,” I guess if you are talking D2.  They’ve only been D1 since 2012 and made their first appearance last year.  More likely you are talking about Western Kentucky who is the other school in that state besides UK that can play.  I understand.  For those who are only basketball gawkers, the directional schools get confusing. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So is ATM still a legit Final Four team?

Talent-wise, I would say they are definitely a sweet 16 type of team.  Once you are in that group, depends how you play that weekend whether you are a Final Four team.   

But to be either, there a few kids who need to get their priorities and focus in order and “buy in” quickly.   Otherwise, they may end up being a bubble team with Final Four talent.