Navasota 33 Bridge City 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, BlueOwl said:

Man O Man. It has been a rough year for the Cards. I was thinking about going out to this one tonight. One of the toughest districts in the state. Wish all the best for them the rest of the way.

I don’t know about toughest but definitely one of the most interesting in terms of recent years 

I only get to see a couple of BC games a year because of where I live. I have been following BC since the early 60's and I do not believe that I have ever seen a BC team as so poorly prepared to play a game. It has nothing to do with injured player not being able to play. The young men that were suited up on this team did not have their heads into this game. If you play hard and smart and still get beat, that's one thing. But to come out and play like this is almost embarrassing.

Well, if you followed the team a little more closely you’d understand that it’s more than just an injured player. 

I don’t know how many kids were out last night, but I know last week I could count six kids who would typically handle the ball  that were unable to play. The seventh kid was visibly limping. That’s just the RBs, and says nothing about the other spots those kids play in, or kids like lb #2 that was out... 

Last week people were complaining about the punter... that’s not the punter! He’s out, too. We’ve been going for two because we’re about three places down the depth chart just trying to find somebody who can kick the ball off to the other team.

Last week the four kids (back two lines) in the kick return team were virtual unknowns to the Cardinal faithful. I’d never even heard of Ply before the LCM game, and I’ve never even heard of the kid that broke the 98 yard TD against Silsbee before that play. 

It’s impressive to see such a long time fan like yourself create a screen name just to take a shot at the coach. We’ve had our share of bad coaches in the past, and Coach Dubois is the best thing that has happened to the Cardinal program in YEARS. Dubois could have his pick of openings almost anywhere in the state based on his track record and reputation as a man. However, there aren’t many coaches that could have rolled into Navasota with essentially their JV team and knocked off the Rattlers last night.