Best Tennis Coaches in the Area?????

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best

Aranda (Kirbyville)- he's just good theres no arguing with it.

Redienger (Buna)- he's a football coach that learned more about tennis faster than anyone i've ever met. he took kids from the sticks and taught them to play tennis. and some of them are pretty decent.

Jorge Lopez (Nederland)- he turns out good players year in- year out

Worst

Fuselier (Kelly)- cocky, overrated, kids can't backhands. nuff said.

I'm not going to lie: I don't exactly follow high school tennis.  However, I always hear good stuff about Jorge Lopez from Nederland.  He was a good soccer coach, too, but I don't know when he last coached soccer.

Guest sportsfan_89

Best

Aranda (Kirbyville)- he's just good theres no arguing with it.

Redienger (Buna)- he's a football coach that learned more about tennis faster than anyone i've ever met. he took kids from the sticks and taught them to play tennis. and some of them are pretty decent.

Jorge Lopez (Nederland)- he turns out good players year in- year out

Worst

Fuselier (Kelly)- cocky, overrated, kids can't backhands. nuff said.

actually Buna hasn't produced any good tennis players, so you can't say he is a good coach.

Well it all depends on what your talking about as well. The best coach in the area is Ron Wesbrook. And in second place i would say either David Wong or Jerry Creamer. But if your talking about High School, then i would say either Warrens Schroeder or Nederlands Lopez. The reason why is becasue Schroeder, even with the worst conditions out at warren, he still produces some pretty good players. Then Lopez is just a great player and he always has a team that is good. Never just one player.

Well it all depends on what your talking about as well. The best coach in the area is Ron Wesbrook. And in second place i would say either David Wong or Jerry Creamer. But if your talking about High School, then i would say either Warrens Schroeder or Nederlands Lopez. The reason why is becasue Schroeder, even with the worst conditions out at warren, he still produces some pretty good players. Then Lopez is just a great player and he always has a team that is good. Never just one player.

I am there with you on Ron Westbrook as being a great coach, but David Wong and Jerry Creamer are just jokes.  David Wong killed the Lamar Tennis program.  He recruited kids who could beat a 16 superchamp.  Thank goodness they got him out of the mens section. 

As for Jerry Creamer, name one kid he has produced beside Matt Minick.  I can't think of one right now and if you do find one let me know.

Lopez I have heard is a good player and you are right, he does always have a great team, but never a standout player like Deavers(Silsbee), Boone(Kelly), and Sagar(Westbrook).

Well look back in the history of high school tennis, and look at Hardin Jeffersons records. And every kid that has won has come from Jerry Creamer. He has at least taught 3 kids who have won state titles. Ask someone about the Krawl brothers. Or how about Matt Wiggins and Wes Reed. Anyone from Hardin-Jefferson is coming from Jerry Creamer. And they have won district 20 something years in a row. Now im not a big tennis player, but i have hit with quite a few coaches and the ones who have taught me the most was Creamer and Wesbrook.

everybody whos been bashing Tony really needs to show a little class. and i dont see how you can say hes the worst coach or overrated because kelly has a very strong team that competes with bigger public schools and at almost every tourny theyve had players ranking at every level, pretty much. and heres a fun fact for anybody who thinks tony isnt a good coach, im sure youve heard of Clement Whener at least a little bit, yea hes not the best player in the are but he is undeniably a good player, his first time to ever pick up a tennis racket and play was at a kelly practice. with the help of tony clement went from never playing tennis to being a good competitor at the high school varsity level against all bigger schools

Well look back in the history of high school tennis, and look at Hardin Jeffersons records. And every kid that has won has come from Jerry Creamer. He has at least taught 3 kids who have won state titles. Ask someone about the Krawl brothers. Or how about Matt Wiggins and Wes Reed. Anyone from Hardin-Jefferson is coming from Jerry Creamer. And they have won district 20 something years in a row. Now im not a big tennis player, but i have hit with quite a few coaches and the ones who have taught me the most was Creamer and Wesbrook.

My mistake, he has had 2 other kids that won 1 and 2 in state, but that was in the 80's.  Only reason they win district is because everybody else in their district sucks.  Their only battle will be Deavers which we already know that he is a shoe-in for 1

Well ya you can, Coach Schroeder has had someone on regionals every year and last year had a doubles team in state. 

Zach Carrell, who you probaly don't know has had a kid in state pretty much every year and has already got 4 kids college schloarships(Matt Allen, Travis Conn, Jay Noonan, and Amy Caboto)  Creamer has made HJ who they are, but who they are are not much.

Well i'll tell you this, If you go up to any high school coach and ask them about Hardin-Jefferson. They will say that they have a good player every year. I have never seen Hardin-Jefferson have not 1 good player. They bring something every year and that to me is a good coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin