Crosby 42 Porter 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

27 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

I've said for a while the top 3 teams are dead even (Crosby, BH, NC). Thinking the top 5 may be dead even now. 

How are the top 3 "dead even" ?  BH has two losses and hasn't played NC yet.  In my opinion, their opportunity for the playoffs is slipping quickly away with that loss to KPark.

5 minutes ago, CCRed said:

How are the top 3 "dead even" ?  BH has two losses and hasn't played NC yet.  In my opinion, their opportunity for the playoffs is slipping quickly away with that loss to KPark.

I hear you. Feel like the top 5 were very close when season started. BH had dropped 2 tough ones. They are definitely behind the 8 ball now. 

9 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I agree 21-5a is down but for sure Crosby is. No defense & some weird play calling...but what do I know.

Porter QB is a tuff kid. Porter was bigger than Crosby too. NC & Dayton can feast on Crosby if the defense don't show up. 

Let's see how the rest of the district fairs against that Porter team i have a feeling they are gonna pop some teams in the mouth this year that aren't ready for their physical punishing running style. 

Another note about this game. 

I'm almost certain Crosby had the ball less than 1/4th of the game. They scored so quickly that it really did a disservice to the Defense. That defense was on the field ALL NIGHT LONG. 

I cannot remember a Drive that was more than 6-7 plays long the entire game for Crosby, almost every drive for Porter was a 5-10 play drive. 

6 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

TBF there is also Dayton 2008 when they were in that district but they are kind of an "our district" team lol. 

Lol, seems I remember Dayton had a few cake walks in 22-5A.  UIL had to send them back to 21-5A for some competition.

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lol, seems I remember Dayton had a few cake walks in 21-5A.  UIL had to send them back to 22-5A for some competition.

I mean they were in the state Finals that year, and state semis the year before, not sure how much competition yall gave them, given they lost to Lumberton 8-7 in the rain and yall screwed them out of their rightful playoff seed. 

3 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I mean they were in the state Finals that year, and state semis the year before, not sure how much competition yall gave them, given they lost to Lumberton 8-7 in the rain and yall screwed them out of their rightful playoff seed. 

Had a senior moment.  Had to edit my post.  Got my 21 & 22 confused.

17 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Let's see how the rest of the district fairs against that Porter team i have a feeling they are gonna pop some teams in the mouth this year that aren't ready for their physical punishing running style. 

Another note about this game. 

I'm almost certain Crosby had the ball less than 1/4th of the game. They scored so quickly that it really did a disservice to the Defense. That defense was on the field ALL NIGHT LONG. 

I cannot remember a Drive that was more than 6-7 plays long the entire game for Crosby, almost every drive for Porter was a 5-10 play drive. 

True. That's our weakness & it has to be be addressed. 

On the bright side we didn't miss an extra point or get a TD called back. 

4 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

This crew didn't like throwing flags, you had to be pretty egregious to get a penalty in this one, but i think both Crosby and Porter would rather a game like that. 

I think if Porter gets a crew like that they will be real trouble for other teams in this district because they are very big and have an excellent running back. 

Their pass blocking isn't great, and i foresee a lot of smaller teams combo blitzing them a lot and trying to guess the side they are running. 

3 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I knew what you meant. 

Also just as a note i've found a fan base thats more obnoxious than vidor. 

Jasper is the most obnoxious fan base i've ever seen, so congrats Vidor is off that pedestal now. 

Lmbo, that's funny stuff.  Heck, since Vidor hasn't even had a game yet, there aren't hardly any Vidor posters.  They should start coming out of the flood waters soon.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lmbo, that's funny stuff.  Heck, since Vidor hasn't even had a game yet, there aren't hardly any Vidor posters.  They should start coming out of the flood waters soon.

Right but you eat your crow, Jasper fans predicting 20 point wins lose the game after every single thing that could go right went right for them and they refuse to eat crow afterwards. Just classless. 

At least when vidor kicked our butt i moved to the basketball forums and said Good game vidor. 

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

I've said for a while the top 3 teams are dead even (Crosby, BH, NC). Thinking the top 5 may be dead even now. 

BH had their QB go down last night. The leaned so heavy on him that if he is significantly hampered, going to be a tough road to get in the playoffs. 

Sounds familiar to a certain 2016 team in this district....

52 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Run defense is not good.  BH moved the ball on the ground until Crosby overcommitted and then stung them in the air.  Porter ran the ball well too.  Just didn't have the pass game to exploit.  

I don't know how much fixing can be done. Had a sophomore LB back in the game this week. He had at least one big sack and a few brutal hits on the porter QB.  Made a difference in the 4th quarter.  

This defense is young.  The only fixing that can be done at this point is reps and more reps.  

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

Run defense is not good.  BH moved the ball on the ground until Crosby overcommitted and then stung them in the air.  Porter ran the ball well too.  Just didn't have the pass game to exploit.  

I don't know how much fixing can be done. Had a sophomore LB back in the game this week. He had at least one big sack and a few brutal hits on the porter QB.  Made a difference in the 4th quarter.  

This defense is young.  The only fixing that can be done at this point is reps and more reps.  

Sooooo, maybe this is why they scheduled LCM, interesting thought.

Just a few stats from last night:

Jaiden Howard    15-20, 371 yds.  1 int.

Craig Williams     15 carries for 188 yds. 4 tds.

Cedric Patterson III    7 catches for 191 yds.  1 td

Chance Smith    4 catches for 138 yds.   1 td

I wish I knew the time of possession.  Crosby probably only had 1/4 of what Porter had.