7. camsdad

camsdad

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• I played 4 years of college basketball... and knew at a very early age that it would be my passion.  I also played football.. and baseball in JH/HS.  During football/baseball seasons I got in a lot of basketball drills.  Before school, after practice, and on weekends.  I most definitely have a problem with using time for YOUR sport during time that's allocated for another sport. As I mentioned in an earlier post, focusing on a sport doesn't mean abandoning the others.  It just means finding extra time. Players that want to be great will do that. 
    • well then I'm with you on the other stuff you stated.  I don't at all have an issue with a basketball player getting some jump shots in during football, or some easy BP swings, etc.  But I don't want basketball players doing box out drills, batters facing live pitching, etc during football, and vice versa on football drills during those seasons.  I guess I should've clarified my original post with the caveat that I don't think they should be doing major work in multiple school sports at the same time.
    • They could hire Nick Saban or Andy Reid and you wouldn't buy in.  
    • No Sir Non Contact Drills, probably not a big deal. But even 7 on 7 with pads or just helmets is a recipe for disaster. Non padded 7 on 7 in a controlled environment, maybe.
    • Be willing to bet there are more people worried about the lack of success than success at Nederland. I see them winning 2 district games maybe 3 next year.  If you are looking for success at Nederland in the next couple years your best chance will be baseball. Time will tell but it doesn't seem like people are buying into what the new coach is selling.
  • Topics