Obama to Speak on Wall Street for $400,000

Hagar

44 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Of course this has to played no matter the situation.  

If it walks, talks, quacks, and acts like a duck it's a duck.  Only we're not talking about ducks we're discussing racism.  Dismiss as a 'card' or whatever, it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Trump spent his whole campaign talking about 'draining the swamp' and reeling in Wall Street.  Then he turns around and appoints billion dollar wall street insiders on his cabinet.  You conveniently ignore all that and focus on dems.

If you'll go to the first post were I started this thread, you'll see that I said I didn't blame him.  I stated the other Democrats might.  

And my last post was merely explaining why everyone was getting on him.  You said it was race, which has nothing to do with it as for as I'm concerned. 

Do you like Trump?  I bet you don't.  If not, is it because of the color of his skin?  Think about that.  Why do you automatically assume whites are racist when they don't like a black person?  This is about politics, not race.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

If it walks, talks, quacks, and acts like a duck it's a duck.  Only we're not talking about ducks we're discussing racism.  Dismiss as a 'card' or whatever, it is what it is.

The thread was rebuking Obama for taking Wall Street money after bad mouthing them for years. As typical you see racism.  The topic was never about racism until you injected it into the conversation.  Now about that duck!! 

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

When you're losing the argument,  throw out race.

Thankfully,  that crap is losing it's effectiveness. 

I my mind I was winning.  It is politics no doubt. The topic of ex Presidents is political.  Those guys have been paid hefty sums for speeches for a long time.   Now that the first and only black prez is getting paid six figures all of a sudden it's an issue. Come on man.  Anybody with an open mind, a rare thing in this forum, can see that.

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

If you'll go to the first post were I started this thread, you'll see that I said I didn't blame him.  I stated the other Democrats might.  

And my last post was merely explaining why everyone was getting on him.  You said it was race, which has nothing to do with it as for as I'm concerned. 

Do you like Trump?  I bet you don't.  If not, is it because of the color of his skin?  Think about that.  Why do you automatically assume whites are racist when they don't like a black person?  This is about politics, not race.

Paraphrasing the good Pastor's sermon today: quit worrying about Trump, and Obama.  Only Jesus' soon return can help this world.  I find it amazing how much people are obsessed with Obama.  He's out of office.  Move on.

13 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Paraphrasing the good Pastor's sermon today: quit worrying about Trump, and Obama.  Only Jesus' soon return can help this world.  I find it amazing how much people are obsessed with Obama.  He's out of office.  Move on.

And I can assure you racism is dying.  Please don't resurrect it by always accusing folks of it. I understand the use if it's an overt act or comment, but to many folks use it to casually.  Let's help it die.

Racism is not going anywhere, unfortunately.  It didn't start with President Obama, it didn't end when he finished his second term.  What we have now is more people, like yourself, who stick their heads in the sand and pretend it is not there.  As long as there is a devil, there will be racism, and sexism, and the haves vs. the have nots, etc., and on and on. 

Racism is not going anywhere, unfortunately.  It didn't start with President Obama, it didn't end when he finished his second term.  What we have now is more people, like yourself, who stick their heads in the sand and pretend it is not there.  As long as there is a devil, there will be racism, and sexism, and the haves vs. the have nots, etc., and on and on. 

A self righteous Christian, such as yourself, could shirk racism and overcome it, not yell it from the mountain tops. We all experience racism every time you post. Too bad your pastor's sermon couldn't help you with this.

"Self righteous  christian" is just a hackneyed phrase which lies around and is a convenient club to whack someone over the head with.  I bring up religion because it offers the best insights, the only insights as to how to solve the world's problems.   People don't want a christian solution.  Or they want Christ to solve their problems on their terms.  That's not going to happen.

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Sorry Kountzer, but you're flunking reading comprehension.  I never said racism wasn't there. I know there are racist.  Of all colors.  I said it was dying, but realistically, I can only speak from my own experience.  I've no idea of your age, but I'm 71.  I know white racism is nothing like it use to be, but it's still there.  Perhaps you're seeing more black racist?  Maybe that's why the left uses the word so much?  I do know the leftist of today are filled with hate, and that, imo, is the work of the devil.  Since the democrats booed God at their 2012 convention, this hate has started festering.  When you boo God, you welcome the devil in.  You might think about that before you ever vote democrat.

And your response that "self righteous Christian is a convenient club to whack someone over the head with", is exactly how blacks and white liberals use the word "racist".  

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Sorry Kountzer, but you're flunking reading comprehension.  I never said racism wasn't there. I know there are racist.  Of all colors.  I said it was dying, but realistically, I can only speak from my own experience.  I've no idea of your age, but I'm 71.  I know white racism is nothing like it use to be, but it's still there.  Perhaps you're seeing more black racist?  Maybe that's why the left uses the word so much?  I do know the leftist of today are filled with hate, and that, imo, is the work of the devil.  Since the democrats booed God at their 2012 convention, this hate has started festering.  When you boo God, you welcome the devil in.  You might think about that before you ever vote democrat.

And your response that "self righteous Christian is a convenient club to whack someone over the head with", is exactly how blacks and white liberals use the word "racist".  

obama is one of the biggest racist!

Obama must of said something against wall street.  I wasn't paying attention.   Now he makes $ 400k for a speech, and many on the right are in an uproar about it.  Teflon coated Trump railed again Hillary having wall street connections.  And how he was going to 'drain the swamp' of of fat cat insiders.  Then he turns around and fills his cabinet with the same type of people.  I don't get it.  I mean people, like you, rail against Obama, call him a hypocrite.  Meanwhile Trump is  one of the most mis guided hypocrites of all time .  and You don't see it, or you refuse to see it.  Amazing.

14 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I my mind I was winning.  It is politics no doubt. The topic of ex Presidents is political.  Those guys have been paid hefty sums for speeches for a long time.   Now that the first and only black prez is getting paid six figures all of a sudden it's an issue. Come on man.  Anybody with an open mind, a rare thing in this forum, can see that.

Wrong...it's already been pointed out why he was called out on it...he's getting paid for doing what he's been critical of his whole time in office.  It's the same garbage we heard when anyone was opposed to his policies...it MUST be because he's black.  Anyone with an open mind can see that.  It would be just like Bush getting paid to give a speech to planned parenthood. 

Race and politics are closely related.  They are like 1st cousins.  A lot of blood has been shed by black people in their efforts to secure the right to vote.

Besides, I'll say it again, and again and again President Obama is out of office.  He got paid for a speaking engagement.  Live with it.  Bush "read my lips" got paid.  Clinton got paid.  Trump made 1.5 million for a  speech once.   Obama get $400k and all of a sudden it's a big deal.  Politics u say?  Yeah the politics of skin color.   That is the only difference that matters.  That is why you and people like you and so obsessed with president 44 after he has left office.  I mean someone from Lumberton or Evadale tell me what is and what isn't a race issue.  Come on man.  Sell that to the marines, they might buy it.

33 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Race and politics are closely related.  They are like 1st cousins.  A lot of blood has been shed by black people in their efforts to secure the right to vote.

Besides, I'll say it again, and again and again President Obama is out of office.  He got paid for a speaking engagement.  Live with it.  Bush "read my lips" got paid.  Clinton got paid.  Trump made 1.5 million for a  speech once.   Obama get $400k and all of a sudden it's a big deal.  Politics u say?  Yeah the politics of skin color.   That is the only difference that matters.  That is why you and people like you and so obsessed with president 44 after he has left office.  I mean someone from Lumberton or Evadale tell me what is and what isn't a race issue.  Come on man.  Sell that to the marines, they might buy it.

Race, race,race!! You've run the needle through that song so much, the record has got to be scratched by now.  Your racism is on full display with the Evadale and Lumberton comment.

20 hours ago, Kountzer said:

But yet you deem yourself an expert on race issues I guess?

You can sell that somewhere else, yourself...as well as your "end of days, doom and gloom" rhetoric you seem to slip in every thread almost as often as the race card.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:07 AM, Kountzer said:

"Self righteous  christian" is just a hackneyed phrase which lies around and is a convenient club to whack someone over the head with.  I bring up religion because it offers the best insights, the only insights as to how to solve the world's problems.   People don't want a christian solution.  Or they want Christ to solve their problems on their terms.  That's not going to happen.

Self righteous Christian is as hackneyed as racist, probably a lot less. I have no problem with a Christian solution. You act like you have cornered the market on it, hence the term "self righteous".

On 5/8/2017 at 11:51 AM, baddog said:

Self righteous Christian is as hackneyed as racist, probably a lot less. I have no problem with a Christian solution. You act like you have cornered the market on it, hence the term "self righteous".

I do know there's a school of christian thought that most people don't know about.  IMO it offers the clearest insight into what's going on in this world.  I allude to it from time to time hoping that would pique someone's interest.  The all might God knows the beginning from the end. He never does anything without telling the prophets,or a true prophet.  So there is prophetic insight out there.  I am not that prophet but I know some of it. 

11 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I do know there's a school of christian thought that most people don't know about.  IMO it offers the clearest insight into what's going on in this world.  I allude to it from time to time hoping that would pique someone's interest.  The all might God knows the beginning from the end. He never does anything without telling the prophets,or a true prophet.  So there is prophetic insight out there.  I am not that prophet but I know some of it. 

The Bible