West Orange-Stark 3 Bridge City 2/FINAL

WOSgrad

Two of the best teams in 4A in the state getting after it. I wouldn't have expected anything less than the final score. JD throws a 1 hitter and the game still came down to 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. WOS, BC, Orangefield and Silsbee are all threats for the 4A crown. Hell, even throw in LCM, they made a run last year after a "not so stellar" district record.  Crazy thing is we are all in the same district! It would be hard pressed to find a tougher district in the whole state. Anyways, great game BC and congrats to my Mustangs!!! Also, who was the broadcaster in KOGT? I liked him......even though he was a little biased toward BC. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

Two of the best teams in 4A in the state getting after it. I wouldn't have expected anything less than the final score. JD throws a 1 hitter and the game still came down to 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. WOS, BC, Orangefield and Silsbee are all threats for the 4A crown. Hell, even throw in LCM, they made a run last year after a "not so stellar" district record.  Crazy thing is we are all in the same district! It would be hard pressed to find a tougher district in the whole state. Anyways, great game BC and congrats to my Mustangs!!! Also, who was the broadcaster in KOGT? I liked him......even though he was a little biased toward BC. Lol. 

The broadcaster was Dan Perrine.  When it is not Gary on the call, it will be him.

Honest, non homer question. What happened on the call when Teron check swung and the ball got passed the catcher? I was confused on that. Wasn't It a 3-1 count or 2-1, and Teron (think it was Teron) check swung but the ball got past the BC catcher and missed it but the count stayed the same. Then we scored the go ahead run. Maybe Roderick Robertson can shed some light in that. I wasn't there but listening on the radio and it sounded very confusing. 

8 hours ago, kicker said:

Honest, non homer question. What happened on the call when Teron check swung and the ball got passed the catcher? I was confused on that. Wasn't It a 3-1 count or 2-1, and Teron (think it was Teron) check swung but the ball got past the BC catcher and missed it but the count stayed the same. Then we scored the go ahead run. Maybe Roderick Robertson can shed some light in that. I wasn't there but listening on the radio and it sounded very confusing. 

It was 2-2 count and it was a swing, damn near full swing, which should have been the third out in the inning with the throw down to first.  Umpire in the field should have seen it, even from his location, it was so obvious.  However, the supposed SEC umpire behind the plate, didn't advance the count to 3-2, so the next 2 balls made this at bat a 5 ball walk.

Jack threw a hell of a game.  No doubt about that.

5 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

I was listening to the game. And it sounded like a bad call. But I also remembering the guy on the radio say if if the batter would have ran to first on the pass ball he would have probably been safe. Is that true from someone who was there?

More than likely because the ball got away about 12 feet on third base side

3 hours ago, BC87 said:

It was 2-2 count and it was a swing, damn near full swing, which should have been the third out in the inning with the throw down to first.  Umpire in the field should have seen it, even from his location, it was so obvious.  However, the supposed SEC umpire behind the plate, didn't advance the count to 3-2, so the next 2 balls made this at bat a 5 ball walk.

Jack threw a hell of a game.  No doubt about that.

Man! That's even more confusing than what I first thought!! So basically, the way it should have looked was that it was the 3rd strike but the catcher missed it, which the runner can advance to first, but he didn't run and the catcher (Thibodeaux?) threw it to first and should have been the 3rd out?? But the the ump said he didn't swing but then didn't even register the pitch as a ball?? Lol! Crazy!

Our district is fun and stuff but let's be real. It will probably be just like last year in Reg 3. All 4 teams from our district will be the final 4. Sucks we'll have to eliminate one another in the playoffs again but one of us needs to be in Austin in June and I'll be behind whichever one of our teams make it! Hopefully it's the 'Stangs.

2 hours ago, BC87 said:

More than likely because the ball got away about 12 feet on third base side

Well if it was me in that position, I would have ran anyway even if I knew I checked my swing. Heck, that's a judgement call, better to be safe than sorry. But maybe he really thought his bat didn't cross??

6 hours ago, kicker said:

Man! That's even more confusing than what I first thought!! So basically, the way it should have looked was that it was the 3rd strike but the catcher missed it, which the runner can advance to first, but he didn't run and the catcher (Thibodeaux?) threw it to first and should have been the 3rd out?? But the the ump said he didn't swing but then didn't even register the pitch as a ball?? Lol! Crazy!

yep you got it....