Teague 78 Kountze 71/FINAL

44 minutes ago, bbfan1955 said:

TEAGUE'S STUDENT BODY WAS CLASSLESS! Had to get security on them for harassing our cheerleaders. The foul count was around 18-5 first half. Poor officiating. Great Season Kountze. Congrats to Teague. Leave your classless students home. 

The student section was pretty bad

Did not see or hear student section was up in balcony sorry if they were bad! Foul count in first half was 18-12 an I agree some of yalls and ours were ticky tack fouls. What was the Tech called for???? I was very confused did not see what happened? Also foul count in second half was 16- 10 in your favor. We put yall in bonus in 3rd Q.

4 minutes ago, Highschoolfootball99 said:

Did not see or hear student section was up in balcony sorry if they were bad! Foul count in first half was 18-12 an I agree some of yalls and ours were ticky tack fouls. What was the Tech called for???? I was very confused did not see what happened? Also foul count in second half was 16- 10 in your favor. We put yall in bonus in 3rd Q.

I can't remember why a tech was called.. I think for a celebration after a blocked shot? The worst call came when Teague missed a free throw in the fourth and was up 5. We got the rebound but they called a foul on one of our players for blocking out. But it's over with. Good Luck to Teague today. I really feel they should win against Jarrel. I'm off to watch Texas A&m vs Kentucky this morning lol

Turning point that halted the Kountze comeback... Teague up 72-67 and at the line for 2 FTs. Shooters misses both. Kountze gets the rebound. Refs calls "foul" on a Kountze player for blocking out the FT shooter too early. This was a new point of emphasis for officials starting THIS YEAR and a rule that many fans wouldn't know. The Kountze fans were pissed. IMO it was a bad judgment call and had no bearing since the FT shooter didn't really try to get the rebound. The rule was implement to protect FT shooters.  The call is counted as a common shooting foul and the FT shooter is awarded 2 additional FTs. In this case the Teague shooter made both of the additional free throws. 

20 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Didn't know there was a foul call like that. Did know they were calling lane violations quicker on the shooter.

It's a new rule that was implemented this year to protect FT shooters since sometimes players go in to early to block out. It's discussed during the pre-game meeting with both captains. A player cannot contact the FT shooter until the ball hits the rim. Same with the FT shooter going in for a rebound before the ball hits the rim. I just went back and watched the video. In this case the Kountze player did make contact prior to the ball hitting the rim. At the end of the day it's up to the ref. There were a lot of questionable calls from the onset of this game. Since I started officiating last summer I watch the game totally different than I used to in the past. One thing I noticed early on was there was no consistency in their calls. They called it tight on one team and loose on the other. It has to be the same both ways. If you're going to call it tight, call it that way on both sides. The same way if you're going to "let the teams play." I'm trying to find out what chapter the officials were from.