Deweyville @ Sabine Pass

This game depends on which Sabine Pass team shows up.  They played hard against Evadale, but then next game, they might lose to a team they probably should have beaten.  If they play all out, they could surprise some folks in the playoffs.

Would love to see all four District teams start out with a win next week.

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

This game depends on which Sabine Pass team shows up.  They played hard against Evadale, but then next game, they might lose to a team they probably should have beaten.  If they play all out, they could surprise some folks in the playoffs.

Would love to see all four District teams start out with a win next week.

No way Sabine pass beats Pineywoods it will probably be a 30 point game!!  And I think broaddus could pull the win out also!! 

6 hours ago, Bad boyz said:

No way Sabine pass beats Pineywoods it will probably be a 30 point game!!  And I think broaddus could pull the win out also!! 

If Pineywoods gets up on them early, they could win by 30.  If not, SP has a couple of kids that might go D1, so don't sell them short.  They have 1 kid, #4, he can dribble like a Harlem Globetrotter.  Very impressive.  We had 3 guys around him once.  He came out with no problem.  He's a wizard with a basketball.  

3 minutes ago, WHOILERS said:

#2 from Sabine pass is a gamer, but not even close to D1 talent. It's hard to believe 2 "D1" players could lose to HD. Kids are good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Just relaying what some more knowledgeable than me have said.  At least as I remember, but at my age, the old brain ain't what it use to be :) 

On February 14, 2017 at 10:06 PM, WHOILERS said:

#2 from Sabine pass is a gamer, but not even close to D1 talent. It's hard to believe 2 "D1" players could lose to HD. Kids are good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Ok, only took me 5days to remember.   The knowledgeable person said, "the two best players in District".  And both may get some kind of scholarship, but didn't mention D1.  My bad. My brain is like that fried egg they use to show lol.  A mind is a terrible thing to waste.  My apologies guys.  

On 2/14/2017 at 9:58 PM, REBgp said:

SP has a couple of kids that might go D1, so don't sell them short.    

12 hours ago, JMAY88 said:

#4 has D1 talent.#2 no way more like Juco or D3

Neither one of these kids are D1 talents, please just stop. If either one of these were D1 talent, SP would not be the 4 seed in a 2A district. If y'all want to see D1 talent make the trip to Silsbee, then watch SP. 

8 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Neither one of these kids are D1 talents, please just stop. If either one of these were D1 talent, SP would not be the 4 seed in a 2A district. If y'all want to see D1 talent make the trip to Silsbee, then watch SP. 

My latest post recounted the D1 remark I made.  Senior moment lol.  Those two are very good, especially in 2A.

10 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Easy now... I hurt a lot of feelings when I said this at the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, JMAY88 said:

It takes a team to win 5 on the floor 5 on the bench coaching staff and support that's what you will see in Silsbee.

Along with actual D1 Talent. It takes a more well rounded talented team to win and have the success they have had at the 4A level yes. But from going to school that is pretty much known for winning in basketball all my life and watching the state tournament several times. In the lower classifications 2A and down. Sometimes 3A. If you have one D1 caliber player you are gonna win a lot of games. Now if you have possibly 2 D1 players at the 2A level. There aren't many reasons why you shouldn't be at the state tournament.