Comparing 2016 attendance at the state games to 2015

dillonpanthers

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

AT&T is more centrally located for the entire state compared to Reliant and the Alamodome. I was there this weekend and talked with and saw people from every area of the state. West Texas would not travel well to Houston and East Texas would not travel well to San Antonio. Having it in Dallas allows more accessibility to more areas. Obviously if Austin or Waco would be the most ideal location wise, but until they build an indoor arena, I think the game will stay at Jerry World. 

I've been to the games at both places and there is no comparison to the atmosphere and fan involvement between AT&T and Reliant. 

I also have been to championship games at both locations. This is not about atmosphere and the fans, it should be about the teams on the field and making it as level and fair for all teams. It should not be in one location every year.

3 hours ago, 78Stang said:

I also have been to championship games at both locations. This is not about atmosphere and the fans, it should be about the teams on the field and making it as level and fair for all teams. It should not be in one location every year.

I'm not saying I think they have to be at the same place every year. But out of the 3, AT&T is hands down the best. I've been to a state championship game at the Alamodome too. And from the non metroplex coaches I've talked to (yes even Houston area) they like AT&T the most for a one location site.

Before this year I've thought they would probably begin rotating the sites. But after Jerry Jones experiencing his grandson winning a state championship there, plus the ridiculous amount of money he made off of it this weekend, I think he'll do everything he can to keep it there. It would be up to the UIL to make the decision not to. 

44 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I'm not saying I think they have to be at the same place every year. But out of the 3, AT&T is hands down the best. I've been to a state championship game at the Alamodome too. And from the non metroplex coaches I've talked to (yes even Houston area) they like AT&T the most for a one location site.

Before this year I've thought they would probably begin rotating the sites. But after Jerry Jones experiencing his grandson winning a state championship there, plus the ridiculous amount of money he made off of it this weekend, I think he'll do everything he can to keep it there. It would be up to the UIL to make the decision not to. 

I agree with what you are saying but I am saying it is not a fair level playing field for teams that must travel long distances. Rotating the site is as close to being fair as it can get. I love Cowboy stadium and it is wonderful but I hope it does not turn into a Jerry Jones owned UIL. Heck if you pay attention to Jerry's College kick-off games, It seldom is Texas schools in those games. Why bring in out of state schools like Alabama, Arkansas, LSU ect so they can recruit and steal our Texas top football players. That proves he does not care about Texas high school football- only the All-mighty Dollar. Wake up!

4 hours ago, 78Stang said:

I agree with what you are saying but I am saying it is not a fair level playing field for teams that must travel long distances. Rotating the site is as close to being fair as it can get. I love Cowboy stadium and it is wonderful but I hope it does not turn into a Jerry Jones owned UIL. Heck if you pay attention to Jerry's College kick-off games, It seldom is Texas schools in those games. Why bring in out of state schools like Alabama, Arkansas, LSU ect so they can recruit and steal our Texas top football players. That proves he does not care about Texas high school football- only the All-mighty Dollar. Wake up!

I don't care what college teams play there and when they play there, nor about the price of tea of China.  AT&T puts on a big time show!!  The fans enjoy it and I am sure the majority of the players that will never set foot on that turf again enjoy it. It is without a doubt the most BIG TIME field in the state.....let the kids enjoy that moment in the sun!!

23 hours ago, 78Stang said:

I agree, it's definitely an advantage for the teams that can drive in that day and don't have to get a hotel and create a crazy new game day schedule. And I think you're right. I just don't see it happening. 

As far as the college game, Jerry and his son both played at Arkansas. That is who the classic is built around. Everyone else is whoever fits into the schedule for the Hogs. 

But 

13 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Not the opener, but the southwest classic. That's why Jones started it, because he's an Arkansas alum. 

But he was talking about the kickoff classic which has been several different teams mostly out of state and none of those were Arkansas.

All you have to see to say it should be rotated is that the one year it was in Houston, Dallas was shut out and Houston won all of the championships. 

It is not fair to have it in Dallas every year.

Jerry world is nearly a decade old and will be reaching a point soon like all other stadiums do where it is just considered a run of the mill stadium.

The games should stay at AT&T. The attendance from two years ago I believe was higher than last year's at NRG. 

Now this really isn't a negative reflection on the Greater Houston area and a huge positive for Dallas folks. Quite the opposite. 

Dallas fans don't travel like our area and Houston. They didn't come down like our area did. I know of many fans of other SE Texas teams who went to watch WOS and stayed for all of Friday and caught the early Saturday game. That didn't happen the other way around last year. 

This obviously is the winning formula for the UIL. Houston area pads the numbers and the Dallas folk don't have to make the impossible decision to leave the comforts of DFW for a weekend. (I don't mean this as harsh as it sounds btw LOL)

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

The games should stay at AT&T. The attendance from two years ago I believe was higher than last year's at NRG. 

Now this really isn't a negative reflection on the Greater Houston area and a huge positive for Dallas folks. Quite the opposite. 

Dallas fans don't travel like our area and Houston. They didn't come down like our area did. I know of many fans of other SE Texas teams who went to watch WOS and stayed for all of Friday and caught the early Saturday game. That didn't happen the other way around last year. 

This obviously is the winning formula for the UIL. Houston area pads the numbers and the Dallas folk don't have to make the impossible decision to leave the comforts of DFW for a weekend. (I don't mean this as harsh as it sounds btw LOL)

So, in other words, the DFW, which we are told here is SO superior to this area and supposedly proves it by all of the bells and whistles that it creates, is to be rewarded because these same superior folks are too cheap to spring for $60 of gas and too lazy to get off of their fat rear ends to travel to Houston.

That is crap!

Crap as it might be but the proof is there. The games are so well attended in Dallas just because Dallas people go. It is because Houston brought the people there. Those are the two biggest markets that drive attendance and those numbers tell me the games will be at AT&T for years to come.

30 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Crap as it might be but the proof is there. The games are so well attended in Dallas just because Dallas people go. It is because Houston brought the people there. Those are the two biggest markets that drive attendance and those numbers tell me the games will be at AT&T for years to come.

Oh I don't dispute that will be the case.

But the fact that it will be the case doesn't mean it isn't crap.