Texas AP sports editors All State 4A

ST413

39 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Not to worry.  When those that are in this list show their lil' pieces of paper, the WO-S boys will just show their medals.

That's true....then the 3 RBs on first team , I think the most yards anyone of them had was 2000 and for Calvin not to be listed even through honorable mention, it's a shame.

I stopped paying attention to this particular all state selection many years ago when they named a Nederland linebacker state defensive player of the year and he was only 2nd team all district.

This media all state team selection is almost as comical as Vype's basketball rankings.

12 minutes ago, ST413 said:

That's true....then the 3 RBs on first team , I think the most yards anyone of them had was 2000 and for Calvin not to be listed even through honorable mention, it's a shame.

I understand, but Calvin is in pretty much in the same position.  It is just that he will hand them the binder of the FBS schools that offered him.

Remember, these are AP writers, not football experts, and while we are fortunate to have some pretty good minds in the area writing about football,anyone who looks at teams like this should remember that.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I understand, but Calvin is in pretty much in the same position.  It is just that he will hand them the binder of the FBS schools that offered him.

Remember, these are AP writers, not football experts, and while we are fortunate to have some pretty good minds in the area writing about football,anyone who looks at teams like this should remember that.

What do you expect from the Associated Depressed?

Just an observation:. Most teams, even the good ones, have several players who stand out because the rest aren't as good.  WOS has the unique talent to field a whole Team of stand out players.  No one player stands out in stats, because they all stand out.  

All that said, maybe WOS will use this poll to increase their efforts against Sweetwater.  Isn't that a scary thought.