giddings faithfull

skipper

6 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Yep, I knew I was right. History.

More history than you know, Rob.  Some have already talked about Fitzhenry not shaking the hands with Coach Hooks after one of those games.  My little history that I would like taken care of tonight happened in 2010 when Reggie Garrett passed away.  The next game on the schedule was Giddings.  Of course, the Mustangs were in no state of mind to play a football game so Coach Hooks cancelled the game.  The response of Fitzhenry, who yes is now gone, BUT ALSO of the Giddings community was an initial demand that West Orange-Stark play the game or accept a forfeit.  That is right, the community of Giddings, coach, administration and fans, wanted to force my alma mater, my home town, to play a football game when that was the very last thing on that community's mind.

So, to the Giddings faithful who now wish to dismiss these young men as "overrated," tonight when you look across the field, take note of the signs which read "112%" and take note where the Mustangs congregate for their pregame prayer...that is right, the 12 yard line.  Then a chill will rise through your spines as the realization will hit you that they have not forgotten Reggie, nor have we forgotten the disrespect you showed our community when all we wanted was a little time to grieve for our own. 

And tonight, Giddings, you will pay for that disrespect.