Lumberton Raider Nation and Coach Babin

robanadana

On November 23, 2016 at 10:55 AM, fido said:

Let me say this, Hardin deserves Larry Haynes. Lumberton will forever be better with Babin. I challenge anyone to show me a program that Larry Haynes has built.

However it my be Larry Hayne turned around many programs. He is a great Coach , programs include , Crosby, Clear Lake and he made Hardin Competitive . If they had four teams in the playoffs , Hardin would have been in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Woodville89 said:

However it my be Larry Hayne turned around many programs. He is a great Coach , programs include , Crosby, Clear Lake and he made Hardin Competitive . If they had four teams in the playoffs , Hardin would have been in the playoffs.

Hardin made the playoffs in Haynes's first 2 years. 

2 hours ago, Woodville89 said:

Maybe someone can start another thread to discuss the greatness of Larry Haynes. This thread should stick to the present and future of Raider athletics. 

12 hours ago, fox said:

with all the hype lumberton talked this year i would of expected them to be better than 2-6

I think we all down-played the loss of a strong senior class that consisted of the QB, both RBs, both TEs, 4 starting OL and about 4-5 starters on defense.  You might see a similar drop off at Vidor next year. 

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Right. That's what I'm saying. Vidor's entire offense was seniors. It's gonna sting a little losing all that experience and leadership. That's what Lumberton felt this year. 

JV Record 9 - 1

Freshman Record 9 - 0

Eighth Grade Record 10 - 0

Some good starters returning on defense including the BEAST Ciccio Bros. Most of the kids on the JV offense would have started on other teams last year. Let's see how it plays out...we're not Lumberton. 

20 minutes ago, robanadana said:

JV Record 9 - 1

Freshman Record 9 - 0

Some good starters returning on defense including the BEAST Ciccio Bros. Most of the kids on the JV offense would have started on other teams last year. Let's see how it plays out...we're not Lumberton. 

I hope you are right but sub-varsity is a heck of a lot different than Friday Night Lights.  No comparison. 

2 hours ago, robanadana said:

JV Record 9 - 1

Freshman Record 9 - 0

I hope it works out for y'all! I enjoyed seeing the success this year

On 11/26/2016 at 4:56 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Right. That's what I'm saying. Vidor's entire offense was seniors. It's gonna sting a little losing all that experience and leadership. That's what Lumberton felt this year. 

Therein lies the difference between a couple of good years every so often and a full program.  That is what Vidor and Lumberton are trying to get to but haven't so far.   Even with graduation you don't see big drop offs at WOS , Ned , or PNG or PAM.   

10 hours ago, bigdog said:

Therein lies the difference between a couple of good years every so often and a full program.  That is what Vidor and Lumberton are trying to get to but haven't so far.   Even with graduation you don't see big drop offs at WOS , Ned , or PNG or PAM.   

I don't believe Vidor's fall off after the 2012 season was the kids. We had a pretty good crew led by Sage Smith in 2013. We played everyone tight that year. The problem was Jeff losing Dwayne Dubois among other coaches and having to rebuild his staff. Neumann loses what Jeff did from his coaching staff and he would have a couple of lean years, I promise you.

Babin's number 1 problem is the community. Lumberton has had a hometown coach with Crueder(sp) and he did well until he ran into some kids with less talent. And don't forget Babin was part of that staff and if my sources are correct was part of the change in offensive schemes, after he left and came back before he left again. The community has been ate up with the TIFI league kids winning and beating Kounce in the super bowl. There are some unrealistic expectations from the parents. I also don't think you can take under level records and expect them to transfer to Friday nights, a lot of changes happen in those couple years, especially if you have a bunch of juniors on jv...jmo 

12 hours ago, robanadana said:

I don't believe Vidor's fall off after the 2012 season was the kids. We had a pretty good crew led by Sage Smith in 2013. We played everyone tight that year. The problem was Jeff losing Dwayne Dubois among other coaches and having to rebuild his staff. Neumann loses what Jeff did from his coaching staff and he would have a couple of lean years, I promise you.

Maybe, but if you look at Vidor's record lately the booms have been when you have had some very good players and the busts are after they graduate. Same thing with Lumberton.  The 2011-12  years you had Quirante, after that it didn't pickup up again until this year.  With all the seniors graduating this year Vidor will be very young again.   Neumann has lost some assistants over the years, but the coaching staff has remained pretty much intact over the 23 years he has coached.

2009       F            7-4-0         345-245         Jeff Mathews
2010                     2-8-0         182-292         Jeff Mathews
2011       T          10-3-0         384-290         Jeff Mathews
2012       R            9-2-0         447-216         Jeff Mathews
2013                     4-6-0         303-274         Jeff Mathews
2014                     2-8-0         251-358         Jeff Mathews
2015                     3-7-0         279-351         Jeff Mathews

42 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Maybe, but if you look at Vidor's record lately the booms have been when you have had some very good players and the busts are after they graduate. Same thing with Lumberton.  The 2011-12  years you had Quirante, after that it didn't pickup up again until this year.  With all the seniors graduating this year Vidor will be very young again.   Neumann has lost some assistants over the years, but the coaching staff has remained pretty much intact over the 23 years he has coached.

2009       F            7-4-0         345-245         Jeff Mathews
2010                     2-8-0         182-292         Jeff Mathews
2011       T          10-3-0         384-290         Jeff Mathews
2012       R            9-2-0         447-216         Jeff Mathews
2013                     4-6-0         303-274         Jeff Mathews
2014                     2-8-0         251-358         Jeff Mathews
2015                     3-7-0         279-351         Jeff Mathews

The only thing I can see is more proof that BC got a heckuva coach in Dubois.