Newton vs. Elysian Fields

purpleeagle

El. Fields 25   Redwater 13                        El. Fields 40   Waskom 20

El. Fields 20   Winona 17                           El. Fields 61  Beckville  14

El. Fields 30  Jefferson 25                         El. Fields 56  W. Rusk  17

El. Fields 67   Dallas 1st Bap. 0                El. Fields 56 Troup 1

El. Fields 46  Harleton 0                           El. Fields 48  Garrison 14

El. Fields 34  Arp 27                                 El. Fields 63  Leon  21

38 minutes ago, Gsquared said:

Dang, wish I could see this one.  Im neutral but two things have me pulling for Newton.  The three times ive been to Newton for a game, they have been above and beyond nice, and the other, my uncle used to be the Supt. at Newton. So go Eagles!

So your uncle was a supt. @ arp and newton? Wow who you gonna pull for when Newton plays arp lol

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

This is the game of the week, IMO. Why didn't they play it on Saturday? I wouldn't go fishing and go see this game.

Newton is on a different level this year. Beating two different 4A Division 1 teams by a total of 87-49, and BOTH of those 4A D1 schools are STILL in the playoffs, and beating a Crockett team 42-21 who is ranked top 10 in all of Texas for 3A D2. They have outscored their opponents 232-7 in the last 4 games including rounds 1 and 2 of the playoffs. With Katy/Northshore Liberty/Giddings PAM/Temple games out there this week, I don't think this Newton game could be the "game of the week" for the area , USA today predicts them winning 41-19, I'd predict about the same. I don't think this one will be very close, and how on Earth is the game being played in Jasper ? LOL