Casual observation about Nederland

BMTSoulja1

18 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I bet you'd much rather be in the playoffs like us then at basketball practice this morning.  It really doesn't matter how you got in, just as long as you are in.  You say we backed in?  I'll take it.  Coach Paul (basketball coach) is going to have to wait at least one more week on these Jags...

You got in because another team had to forfeit a win, that's something to be proud of right there.... 

3 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Funny how central fans are sounding so cocky right now, the ONLY reason your team is in the playoffs is because of the mistake made by coach Neumann against Livingston. Other than that, you would be sitting at home next week and Nederland would be in, with or without mayfield. 

...but good coaches don't make mistakes like that, right?  So, again, are Foreman, Faircloth, Matthews, and Harrison better coaches?  They don't play ineligible players .

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...but good coaches don't make mistakes like that, right?  So, again, are Foreman, Faircloth, Matthews, and Harrison better coaches?  They don't play ineligible players .

maybe they haven't been caught yet... just like Neumann supposedly hasn't been caught until now. 

49 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...well, a lot of people will say Go NC.  Our kids know the odds aren't against them.  So one more people isn't hurting anyone...

Nothing new.  Use to only their fans supporting them.  As for me, I'm pulling for  everyone in the Golden Triangle starting this week including the Bruins, Titans, Pirates, Indians and of course my Jaguars...

2 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

maybe they haven't been caught yet... just like Neumann supposedly hasn't been caught until now. 

So when a good coach gets caught, it's 'they all do it and haven't been caught yet'.  But when a coach from lets say Ozen gets caught holding illegal practices, he's crucified and slugs are thrown at Ozen.  Ok, I understand.  It's a win/win situations when it comes to Nederland.  I get it...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They had to forfeit because obviously, they can't follow the rules.  Central, on the other hand, did follow the rules...

So mayfield deserves a second chance, a chance to redeem himself because he couldn't follow the rules (and I'm not sure of the situation so I don't mean anything bad against him by no means), but coach Neumann makes a mistake, supposedly doesn't play by the rules intentionally, and let's bash him. Makes sense.

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Question. Is Gary Joseph a good coach? What about Phil Donaher? and Dan Hooks?

So mayfield deserves a second chance, a chance to redeem himself because he couldn't follow the rules (and I'm not sure of the situation so I don't mean anything bad against him by no means), but coach Neumann makes a mistake, supposedly doesn't play by the rules intentionally, and let's bash him. Makes sense.

But you know kids make mistakes.  All of them do, I'm just glad that Legacy allowed him to redeem himself.  And he definitely is redeeming himself.  Great teammate, great leader, and great Talent.

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So when a good coach gets caught, it's 'they all do it and haven't been caught yet'.  But when a coach from lets say Ozen gets caught holding illegal practices, he's crucified and slugs are thrown at Ozen.  Ok, I understand.  It's a win/win situations when it comes to Nederland.  I get it...

Depends, was he knowingly holding the illegal practices? And can you prove that Neumann did something illegal knowing that it was illegal?

But you know kids make mistakes.  All of them do, I'm just glad that Legacy allowed him to redeem himself.  And he definitely is redeeming himself.  Great teammate, great leader, and great Talent.

I agree with you 100%, same should go for coaches though. Maybe Neumann made a mistake.

17 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Funny how central fans are sounding so cocky right now, the ONLY reason your team is in the playoffs is because of the mistake made by coach Neumann against Livingston. Other than that, you would be sitting at home next week and Nederland would be in, with or without mayfield. 

A mistake is one thing...

Did you go to basketball practice this morning ?

Depends, was he knowingly holding the illegal practices? And can you prove that Neumann did something illegal knowing that it was illegal?

He knew it was illegal because when the allegations came forth, he refused to play the kid anymore, knowing that he was ineligible and forfeiting one game was a lot better than forfeiting several.  If he knew it wasn't illegal, he would've played that kid the next few weeks.  

He knew it was illegal because when the allegations came forth, he refused to play the kid anymore, knowing that he was ineligible and forfeiting one game was a lot better than forfeiting several.  If he knew it wasn't illegal, he would've played that kid the next few weeks.  

Or maybe when the allegations came that opened his eyes to the fact that it was illegal. Maybe, just maybe, he didn't realize that until then.

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not necessarily. You need to speak with Gabe on this issue. He knows all the facts and timeline on that situation.