CMAs: what the heck

5GallonBucket

ITs been years since I ve watched the CMAs and the only reason I was flipping to it during commercials of World series was due to the build up of some Real country singers being there and it being the 50th. 

What the heck was that?  What the heck happened to Country Music. 

Beyoncé .....Really! Tim McGraw with Florida Georgia Line.....couldnt understand a word they said. terrible music.

Luke Bryan.....horrible....NOT COUNTRY MUSIC

Eric church duet with whoever it was......horrible.....Not Country Music

Keith Urban...not country music

Thank goodness for Chris Stapleton, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Charley Pride

The Future of Country music looks bleak

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

ITs been years since I ve watched the CMAs and the only reason I was flipping to it during commercials of World series was due to the build up of some Real country singers being there and it being the 50th. 

What the heck was that?  What the heck happened to Country Music. 

Beyoncé .....Really! Tim McGraw with Florida Georgia Line.....couldnt understand a word they said. terrible music.

Luke Bryan.....horrible....NOT COUNTRY MUSIC

Eric church duet with whoever it was......horrible.....Not Country Music

Keith Urban...not country music

Thank goodness for Chris Stapleton, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Charley Pride

The Future of Country music looks bleak

You can blame all of this on Garth Brooks.

8 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

My wife said the same thing

Then it has to be true. lol

Garth performed CM differently. His favorite group is Kiss. He didn't think CM was good enough for the concert goers. It needed to be more up tempo with a splash of Alice Cooper. Last time I saw Tim McGraw he sang off key......had to turn the channel.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Then it has to be true. lol

Garth performed CM differently. His favorite group is Kiss. He didn't think CM was good enough for the concert goers. It needed to be more up tempo with a splash of Alice Cooper. Last time I saw Tim McGraw he sang off key......had to turn the channel.

I liked Garth's older music even tho it was more uptemp than other artist...it still had a country feel to it.

Tim McGraw looks very thin...to the point of sickly.  he's smaller than his wife.

26 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I liked Garth's older music even tho it was more uptemp than other artist...it still had a country feel to it.

Tim McGraw looks very thin...to the point of sickly.  he's smaller than his wife.

Hope you didn't take it that I don't like Garth Brooks, just stating facts. Saw his Central Park special and totally enjoyed it. Just saying he is responsible for the crossover music and the way country is performed on stage. Like you said, Alan Jackson and George Strait are the last of a dying breed......Just a Mike and a guitar. Could it be because they can actually sing fantastic with great voices?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Hope you didn't take it that I don't like Garth Brooks, just stating facts. Saw his Central Park special and totally enjoyed it. Just saying he is responsible for the crossover music and the way country is performed on stage. Like you said, Alan Jackson and George Strait are the last of a dying breed......Just a Mike and a guitar. Could it be because they can actually sing fantastic with great voices?

I didn't.  And amen to that last part.

I saw Garth @ SOUTH Padre....I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I do like some of the new country music, only because it reminds me of some rock music in the early 60's.  But it's not the Country Music I loved.  I sure miss Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves, and George Jones.  Plus all the other greats.  I guess George Strait and Alan Jackson are about the last two.  Things change.  Old Jones was right when he sang, Who's going to fill their shoes?

20 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I do like some of the new country music, only because it reminds me of some rock music in the early 69's.  But it's not the Country Music I loved.  I sure miss Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves, and George Jones.  Plus all the other greats.  I guess George Strait and Alan Jackson are about the last two.  Things change.  Old Jones was right when he sang, Who's going to fill their shoes?

great song and so true.

• 3 weeks later...