Imagine if Coach Thompson was the head coach at Port Arthur Memorial!!

34 minutes ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

With the talent Memorial consistently produce, would it be a stretch to say if Coach T was Memorial head coach that they would contend for a state championship yearly?

A couple of things.  First, I wouldn't be so quick to assail the abilities of Coach Harrison.  This is a man who has lead Memorial to the only Regional Championship the school has ever claimed.  I think the Titan's last couple of years in 6A have caused some folks to conveniently forget that, but you never heard Coach Harrison use that as an excuse.

Second, as much as I love and respect Coach Thompson, others who have posted here are correct in that it takes players buying into Coach Thompson's system.  Folks at Palestine did not do that and the results showed.  In fact, I will pass along a story that I heard just before the start of this season.  A coach who left another area program and joined the WO-S staff this season said at the end of the first daytime full contact practice the Mustangs had this year that if his old school conducted practices with the physicality that WO-S did, half of the team would have quit.

Not such a stupid what if.....

What if another kid was play QB the last 2 years of PAM being in 6A?

What if we really ran the zone read properly with Kam and the kid that went to TTU?

Thompson would've done a bang up job here.  Palestine only produced AP and is not known for its foosball success.....

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

A couple of things.  First, I wouldn't be so quick to assail the abilities of Coach Harrison.  This is a man who has lead Memorial to the only Regional Championship the school has ever claimed.  I think the Titan's last couple of years in 6A have caused some folks to conveniently forget that, but you never heard Coach Harrison use that as an excuse.

Second, as much as I love and respect Coach Thompson, others who have posted here are correct in that it takes players buying into Coach Thompson's system.  Folks at Palestine did not do that and the results showed.  In fact, I will pass along a story that I heard just before the start of this season.  A coach who left another area program and joined the WO-S staff this season said at the end of the first daytime full contact practice the Mustangs had this year that if his old school conducted practices with the physicality that WO-S did, half of the team would have quit.

I wouldn't be so quick to give the coach the credit for the 2011 run. Whenever you have a surplus of talent to use it can mask your ineffiency as a coach whenever a spread offense is employed. Case in point,  Qb- Singleton 1st team all state(Baylor ) Rb- Holmes-Arkansas Wr-Seales Oklahoma State ,Wr-Leday U of DE-Romar-Oklahoma ,Lemora-Washington State, Guard-Armstead-Baylor, ELANDON ROBERTS- U of H *Currently playing for the New England Patriots, Barnes -Texas Tech are just a few off the top of my head. Its very hard to defend a spread offense with a dual threat Qb that has legit rbs and wrs at his expense. Secondly I agree with the psyche it takes to buy in to his program. West Orange doesn't have as much talent as Port Arthur but they do possess a different mindset.

6 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

You can't recruit as well at PAM as you can at WOS. Thompson wouldn't go because he would be competing with Neuman for the kids.

Even if he lose some there is still a wealth of talent. There is not enough footballs for all the talent in P.A. so losing some is inevitable. Qb at Png RJ, Wr from Png Mczeal, Qb Nederland Leday, Rb Nederland Simmons are just a few from Port Arthur who would be robbed of playing time if they stayed at Memorial. Memorial is currently undefeated without them but would be a deep team with them. 

1 hour ago, Coach85 said:

You can't recruit as well at PAM as you can at WOS. Thompson wouldn't go because he would be competing with Neuman for the kids.

This may the most ill-informed post I have seen in a while and that's saying something because they are all over the place every day.  In fact, if you were trying to state the exact opposite of the truth, you did a better job.  

Fact is, as anyone with ANY knowledge of Orange is aware, WOS's numbers continue to plummet.  Every year, they lose kids rob surrounding districts (LCM most notably recently), if not to the Houston area (Sterling-Cole, Baldwin).  The only "recruiting" that may be going on would be trying to keep what they have from moving off...

2 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Not such a stupid what if.....

What if another kid was play QB the last 2 years of PAM being in 6A?

What if we really ran the zone read properly with Kam and the kid that went to TTU?

Thompson would've done a bang up job here.  Palestine only produced AP and is not known for its foosball success.....

I concur, my coworkers and I was debating whether K. Jones Jr. could have started on varsity as a freshman with Dauphine and Kam at rb.

2 hours ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

With the talent Memorial consistently produce, would it be a stretch to say if Coach T was Memorial head coach that they would contend for a state championship yearly?

That is quite a question. Thompson, both under Hooks and without him, requires strict discipline and dedication. I don't know that PAM could hold up to that.

1 hour ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

Even if he lose some there is still a wealth of talent. There is not enough footballs for all the talent in P.A. so losing some is inevitable. Qb at Png RJ, Wr from Png Mczeal, Qb Nederland Leday, Rb Nederland Simmons are just a few from Port Arthur who would be robbed of playing time if they stayed at Memorial. Memorial is currently undefeated without them but would be a deep team with them. 

RJ and Mczeal both been at PN and Groves through middle school. Not like they waited till HS to move. Few years ago Walker and Halfin from HF and Hughes and Sparks from Lumb all moved as Fresh. Those are move ins. In my book if you go to 6-8 then hs you're not a move in, you came up in the system. 

48 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This may the most ill-informed post I have seen in a while and that's saying something because they are all over the place every day.  In fact, if you were trying to state the exact opposite of the truth, you did a better job.  

Fact is, as anyone with ANY knowledge of Orange is aware, WOS's numbers continue to plummet.  Every year, they lose kids rob surrounding districts (LCM most notably recently), if not to the Houston area (Sterling-Cole, Baldwin).  The only "recruiting" that may be going on would be trying to keep what they have from moving off...

Same exact thing I was gonna say,and add the Williams kid last year who moved in then moved back home...other than that can't think of any transfers

56 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Well y'all got Earl Thomas years ago. But who are you speaking of this year? I don't know of any WOS players  that started there and came to LCM.   WOS is losing numbers because the City of Orange is dying and they need to start rebuilding the city. It's really sad situation 

2 hours ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

I thought Simmons was from Mississippi?