Texas 6A State playoffs

D3zii

On 11/1/2016 at 10:03 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Ridge Point will get Lamar or Cy-Ranch in the second round, if they were D2 where their enrollment should fall they walk away with the region mostly uncontested. I agree with you on Steele because they won't have to play Ridge Point who has only given up 71 points the entire season. Alief Taylor will get Dickinson in the first round. There will be a bunch of good teams that won't go far.

1-4 in Cy-Fair ISD is better than any other four in Houston, the only district with an argument is 24-6A with Dickinson, Clear Springs, Clear Creek and Friendswood. Check Cy-Fair ISD's resume, every now and then the Spring or Klein district is tougher but 10 high schools with 3,000+ students and resources is hard to compete with.

I watched Manvel basically dominate North Shore, NS is the squad that has benefitted from playing in an extremely weak district a down Westfield and Atascocita this year. I promise you when they were 1-3 last year nobody was talking titles on this side of town. North Shore is very good but Taylor looks a lot better than NS did going into the season finale last year and will probably meet in the second round this year. Overall the teams in R3 6A-D1 have combined for about a dozen state title game appearances in last decade so, every game after bi-district will be regional final quality..  

Cy-Ranch would get Katy 2nd round. Ridge point would get the winner of Cy-Fair and Lamar. I wouldn't call CFISD the "Best" district.....having only one non district game makes their games more important.....but not necessarily the best....Cy-Fair and Cy-Ranch are the only two non-spread teams and actually play defense so they have the best chance of getting past round 2 year in year out.

18 hours ago, pe2009 said:

Cy-Ranch would get Katy 2nd round. Ridge point would get the winner of Cy-Fair and Lamar. I wouldn't call CFISD the "Best" district.....having only one non district game makes their games more important.....but not necessarily the best....Cy-Fair and Cy-Ranch are the only two non-spread teams and actually play defense so they have the best chance of getting past round 2 year in year out.

I was looking at the other two in Cy Fair District in D2 and think they may make some noise.  It's clear the vast majority of really good teams have gone D1.  I think Cy Ridge, Dawson, Langham Creek LaPorte and George Ranch are the class of the group.  The best in that group is no better than fifth in the D1 group.  It's a good year to be in R3 D2.  I really like the Cy Schools, GR and maybe Dawson to come out as the Region Rep.  I don't rule out LaPorte, but they are probably my fifth pick.

38 minutes ago, TXFBfan said:

I was looking at the other two in Cy Fair District in D2 and think they may make some noise.  It's clear the vast majority of really good teams have gone D1.  I think Cy Ridge, Dawson, Langham Creek LaPorte and George Ranch are the class of the group.  The best in that group is no better than fifth in the D1 group.  It's a good year to be in R3 D2.  I really like the Cy Schools, GR and maybe Dawson to come out as the Region Rep.  I don't rule out LaPorte, but they are probably my fifth pick.

D2 is literally WIDE open without Katy...Friendswood is my sleeper.

45 minutes ago, pe2009 said:

D2 is literally WIDE open without Katy...Friendswood is my sleeper.

Friendswood isn't a bad sleeper pick at all, I would go with WestBrook tho they have a easier road I would say until about the 3rd or 4th round if they can beat Longview next week 

23 hours ago, pe2009 said:

Are you saying playing the spread has anything to do with defense or just that they don't play the spread and have a good defense?  The Woodlands unlike Katy, plays the spread and both have top notch defenses.

1 hour ago, TXFBfan said:

Are you saying playing the spread has anything to do with defense or just that they don't play the spread and have a good defense?  The Woodlands unlike Katy, plays the spread and both have top notch defenses.

I live in Cypress...every district game is important so most of the teams....all, not named Cy-Fair or Ranch...throw all the athletes on offense and try to outscore district opponents....they don't have the luxury of using non-district game to "Work on certain things". Most spread teams have horrible defenses(Woodlands have been the exception) To run a offense like Katy, Cy-Fair and Cy-Ranch....you NEED to play defense...defense first then a time consuming offense. Cy-Fair traditionally has been one of the top CFISD teams year in, year out...Since Cy-Ranch opened 7 years ago they have been two two regional title games and a State title game. Cy Ranch and Cy-fair like Katy....don't put all the playmakers on Offense and actually play good defense. Some other teams in CFISD:

Jersey Village...FEWEST points they've given up this season is 35. Given up 58+ 4 times this season

Cy-Springs....great offense but in 3 consecutive games gave up 73,72,62

Cy-Ranch and Cy-Fair are the only 2 teams in district that have allowed fewer than 200 points

52 minutes ago, pe2009 said:

I live in Cypress...every district game is important so most of the teams....all, not named Cy-Fair or Ranch...throw all the athletes on offense and try to outscore district opponents....they don't have the luxury of using non-district game to "Work on certain things". Most spread teams have horrible defenses(Woodlands have been the exception) To run a offense like Katy, Cy-Fair and Cy-Ranch....you NEED to play defense...defense first then a time consuming offense. Cy-Fair traditionally has been one of the top CFISD teams year in, year out...Since Cy-Ranch opened 7 years ago they have been two two regional title games and a State title game. Cy Ranch and Cy-fair like Katy....don't put all the playmakers on Offense and actually play good defense. Some other teams in CFISD:

Jersey Village...FEWEST points they've given up this season is 35. Given up 58+ 4 times this season

Cy-Springs....great offense but in 3 consecutive games gave up 73,72,62

Cy-Ranch and Cy-Fair are the only 2 teams in district that have allowed fewer than 200 points

I see what you mean.  Ranch certainly has one of the best coaches in the area.  But, part of the reason Ranch has progressed quite far in the playoffs has been that R3 D1 frequently has been weak.  Not so this year, it is one of the best.  Most years with the teams Ranch and Fair have, I would think they could get to the Region Tille game.  Not so this year, that Region is stacked as I said earlier, it looks like murders row.

Not only would I say The Woodlands is the exception, they currently have what appears to be the best D in the area.  Pretty impressive how they shut down Katy's Glass to 66 yards when he was averaging 230 a game leading into their game.  They did the same thing to George Ranch and otherwise undefeated West Brook in even more impressive fashion 72-7.

On 11/3/2016 at 5:02 PM, TXFBfan said:

I see what you mean.  Ranch certainly has one of the best coaches in the area.  But, part of the reason Ranch has progressed quite far in the playoffs has been that R3 D1 frequently has been weak.  Not so this year, it is one of the best.  Most years with the teams Ranch and Fair have, I would think they could get to the Region Tille game.  Not so this year, that Region is stacked as I said earlier, it looks like murders row.

Not only would I say The Woodlands is the exception, they currently have what appears to be the best D in the area.  Pretty impressive how they shut down Katy's Glass to 66 yards when he was averaging 230 a game leading into their game.  They did the same thing to George Ranch and otherwise undefeated West Brook in even more impressive fashion 72-7.

Ranch has typically been D2.....they had Keith Ford and faced Katy in the regional finals in 2012(After beating Manvel) and was Katy's toughest opponent last season with a good chance of knocking them off in round 2 this year

Cy-Ranch, Katy, North Shore and Alief Taylor are all on the same side of the bracket. I really like Cy-Ranch but their scare against Cy-Ridge kind of makes me give Katy the edge to beat them and play for the regional title. I've been high on Ridge Point, who shouldn't even be playing in D1 with their enrollment, all year. I kind of cooled on them when BJ Rainford was lost for the year but they're giving up less than 8ppg on the season defensively. I think Cy-Fair beats Lamar in a tight one but if Ridge Point can knock off the winner of that game I see them playing Katy for the regional championship.

I think D2 is wide open in region 3 but I like Cy-Ridge or Dawson to make the regional final from one side of the bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if they're playing George Ranch who might be getting hot right now or Langham Creek who's had to grind through that Cy-Fair ISD district.

30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Cy-Ranch, Katy, North Shore and Alief Taylor are all on the same side of the bracket. I really like Cy-Ranch but their scare against Cy-Ridge kind of makes me give Katy the edge to beat them and play for the regional title. I've been high on Ridge Point, who shouldn't even be playing in D1 with their enrollment, all year. I kind of cooled on them when BJ Rainford was lost for the year but they're giving up less than 8ppg on the season defensively. I think Cy-Fair beats Lamar in a tight one but if Ridge Point can knock off the winner of that game I see them playing Katy for the regional championship.

I think D2 is wide open in region 3 but I like Cy-Ridge or Dawson to make the regional final from one side of the bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if they're playing George Ranch who might be getting hot right now or Langham Creek who's had to grind through that Cy-Fair ISD district.

Yep. I think it comes down to Atascocita and Ridge Point at the bottom half of the bracket. I also think Cy-Fair knocks off Lamar. 3rd round match up between Katy and North Shore is a possibility.....I would favor either over Ridge Point depending on how healthy the winner comes out of that battle.

Div 1 is ridiculous... I see a Katy vs NS matchup to decide the Region 3 Champs.

Div 2 is literally whoever wants it the most. Should be fun! Langham Creek scoring ability will be a problem. George Ranch appears to be hitting a stride. Dawson has the talent to win any given day. Friendswood has one the most exciting players in the bracket and of course LaPorte rough as heck. I can't pick anyone for this bracket.  

12 minutes ago, songone said:

Div 1 is ridiculous... I see a Katy vs NS matchup to decide the Region 3 Champs.

Div 2 is literally whoever wants it the most. Should be fun! Langham Creek scoring ability will be a problem. George Ranch appears to be hitting a stride. Dawson has the talent to win any given day. Friendswood has one the most exciting players in the bracket and of course LaPorte rough as heck. I can't pick anyone for this bracket.  

Langham Creek's lack of D will get them.....they SHOULD get out of the first round this time....been a minute I think. Region 3 D2....Wide open is right, but "Not good" is another word. Anyone can win it, but I don't see anyone coming close to beating Steele win they make it out the region.

7 minutes ago, pe2009 said:

Langham Creek's lack of D will get them.....they SHOULD get out of the first round this time....been a minute I think. Region 3 D2....Wide open is right, but "Not good" is another word. Anyone can win it, but I don't see anyone coming close to beating Steele win they make it out the region.

I agree 100% LC hates defense but if they can force a shootout... well that's another issue. "Not good... LOL!". Steele will crush the Region 3 Champ but  Desoto is my overall favorite. Their QB is special.

1 minute ago, songone said:

I agree 100% LC hates defense but if they can force a shootout... well that's another issue. "Not good... LOL!". Steele will crush the Region 3 Champ but  Desoto is my overall favorite. Their QB is special.

Stars have finally lined up for Desoto to get a title......lets see if they can do it.

3 hours ago, pe2009 said:

Stars have finally lined up for Desoto to get a title......lets see if they can do it.

I've been high on Desoto for a long tim just to see them let me down year after year lol I really thought they were "THE TEAM" but they looked mediocre against South Grand Prarie team...Hopefully they get back on track, Cus I'd rather hit my Stride and peak at the end of the season then the beginning 

6 hours ago, pe2009 said:

Ranch has typically been D2.....they had Keith Ford and faced Katy in the regional finals in 2012(After beating Manvel) and was Katy's toughest opponent last season with a good chance of knocking them off in round 2 this year

No, the times Ranch has gone to state they were D1.  Katy was the D2 rep.  Ranch is a good team, but they will lose to Katy.  I give them a chance but not a great chance.  

5 hours ago, pe2009 said:

Yep. I think it comes down to Atascocita and Ridge Point at the bottom half of the bracket. I also think Cy-Fair knocks off Lamar. 3rd round match up between Katy and North Shore is a possibility.....I would favor either over Ridge Point depending on how healthy the winner comes out of that battle.

I don't understand the love for Ridge Point.  They've just not played any tough opponents.  I think there are at least six D1 teams in R3 that will easily dispatch them.  They're out in the second round to the winner of Lamar v Cy Fair.  I pick Cy Fair.

20 hours ago, TXFBfan said:

I don't understand the love for Ridge Point.  They've just not played any tough opponents.  I think there are at least six D1 teams in R3 that will easily dispatch them.  They're out in the second round to the winner of Lamar v Cy Fair.  I pick Cy Fair.

True, they' played I think 4 teams with a winning record:

Stratford 7-3

Travis 7-3

Kempner 7-3

Bush 6-4