THE OFFICIAL MCM, LETS GET IT ON, BEST RIVALRY IN THE STATE THREAD

Stattrax

A little analysis:

Nederland D - I'm sure Spell and Neumann will pay attention to what PAM did to contain RJ.  My opinion put a spy on RJ to keep him from hurting with your feet.  Similar to when we play Vidor, the D-line and LBs will have to play assignment football and stay in their assigned lanes.  Put our best DB on their best WR and follow him around.  Get some pressure on RJ to make him make bad throws or a sack.

Nederland O- PNG will key on Simmons, mix it up some with the other two RBs as they are both good change of pace RBs.   Short passes and screens to slow down the rush.  One silver lining of all the QB injuries (if there is one)  is it makes PNG's preparation harder as Ned has had 4 different QBs under center and I think three will be available this week.   Barrow will probably have some completely different looks that haven't been used all season for the NDNs.

2 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Hard to tell if you'll be more excited that PNG gets over the hump or that the Nederland kids might have to choke on a hard pill.  Either way, this Nederland team has shown a lot of character to keep plugging even when events completely out of their control unfolded.  It started on the first day of two a days and has continued through the forfeit, and a wagon load of injuries at key positions.  The Nederland faithful will be very proud of them, regardless of the outcome this Friday.  That's how we roll.

me myself I am expecting for both!