Nederland 35 Lumberton 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

i went to this game last night the score does not reflect the dominance that nederland had over lumberton Lumberton scored on the BIG play chances. Png need to shut down there running back and they will be fine. There back up qb did a pretty good job too after there qb went down. I think png has it but ned can sneak up on us

5 minutes ago, NissanNDN said:

i went to this game last night the score does not reflect the dominance that nederland had over lumberton Lumberton scored on the BIG play chances. Png need to shut down there running back and they will be fine. There back up qb did a pretty good job too after there qb went down. I think png has it but ned can sneak up on us

Good, honest unbiased assessment.

Sometimes the score doesn't always tell the story,

32 minutes ago, NissanNDN said:

Nederland dominated the line of scrimmage.  Two drives for Lumberton were extended by unfortunate face masks.  Lumberton played very hard being their last game, hats off.  Nederland was very conservative offensively... no secret why.  Nederlands struggle has been QB consistency due to injuries, Lange will swap in again this week, it is a testament to this team that they haven't let the injuries impact their will to win.  Anybody know why our NT Bouque was in street clothes.

3 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

I have not followed Nederland much. But wasn't Lange actually the starter at one point? If not now, why? Did the Fernandez kid beat him out?

Our offense goes better with a running QB, Fernandez was the better runner and Lange had a bad ankle sprain all year.  It was a close QB competition.  The biggest issue was due to injuries, neither got consistent reps in practice.  I don't know if we've started the same qb two weeks in a row which translates directly to practice reps.  Against both Vidor and PAM, we had our starter go down fairly early in the game.  It's been a rough year under center.

3 key mistakes for the Raiders: Throwing INT in end zone before half on first down. Getting beat by Perkins deep for the long TD pass and being offsides on the recovered onside kick in the 4th Qtr down by one TD.  With that being said, we had a couple of drives extended by silly penalties by Ned. But don't say Lumberton was only in the game because of 2 big plays. Ned had 2 TDs as a result of a big reception by Perkins and long run by Simmons for last Ned TD.  I'm proud of how hard the Raiders have fought all year. Most importantly, they showed the younger groups the kind of work and commitment to the program that is necessary to keep the program headed in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

3 key mistakes for the Raiders: Throwing INT in end zone before half on first down. Getting beat by Perkins deep for the long TD pass and being offsides on the recovered onside kick in the 4th Qtr down by one TD.  With that being said, we had a couple of drives extended by silly penalties by Ned. But don't say Lumberton was only in the game because of 2 big plays. Ned had 2 TDs as a result of a big reception by Perkins and long run by Simmons for last Ned TD.  I'm proud of how hard the Raiders have fought all year. Most importantly, they showed the younger groups the kind of work and commitment to the program that is necessary to keep the program headed in the right direction. 

Appears turnovers plagued you guys again. 

51 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Lumberton took a step forward in the "toughness" department this year.  They are definitely trending in the right direction.  I think they would be better suited for an I / pro set offense, but they played tough on offense.  Their defense struggled, but played hard.  To be out of the playoffs and still playing hard in their last game means their coaching staff has their confidence.  Good luck next year.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:33 AM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

As a parent of a Raider (multiple) we appreciate that even though we are not an "A" rated team and go to the playoffs often the boys do give 110% and so do their supporters!