Silsbee 60 Huffman Hargrave 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Sounded like Kaylon Barnes had a nice game. I think he had 2 TD catches and like 5 or 6 receptions. Did he have over 100 yards rec?

If we were only 4-9 passing he could only have 4 catches....but I don't remember any body else catching a pass so he may have had all 102 yds.

44 minutes ago, ST413 said:

If we were only 4-9 passing he could only have 4 catches....but I don't remember any body else catching a pass so he may have had all 102 yds.

Should have been 3 TDs but Jones under threw him by 15 yds.  Pretty much had to stop to catch it.

Overthrew Lowe on two other occassions.  One for a sure TD down the right side.

Will need these come playoff time as the opposing teams show no inclination to get out of the box.

We scored points on them though.  which some was debating about.  'stop running the ball' , 'go to shotgun', 'bring so in so in ' ect.. 

I think we all knew about the defensive stuff before the season started with some many new faces out there.  

And some didn't give this coaching staff any benefit of the doubt.  He's a first year guy, and he'll make first year mistakes.  

I think that some are just not accustomed to change with the previous coach gone and are affiliated with some butt hurt individual assistant coaches that's not on the staff this year...

Point of the mater is the teams you lost to are really good teams.  PN-G will play for a share of the District title.  Newton and WO-S are undefeated and #1 in the state.  BC has been putting up points all year against everyone they've faced and we still had a chance to win that one..

And through everything, Silsbee STILL has a chance to win  share of the District title.  I'd say not a bad job from Silsbee's coaching staff.  Too bad others don't feel the same way.. 

I get 100% what your saying and boldly agree. I think change is hard to accept sometimes but must happen. Silsbee should end the season before playoffs at 6-4 and district runner up. I'd like to see us make a long run this year. I think if we go 3 round deep, Tyler might hit 3,000. I want to see us continue to work Lowe and Barnes in more. Speed kills. Also, Adonis looked great running last night as well. Is Michael McCain ol? Will he be back next week? 

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've been told that I'm from Beaumont and I just don't understand... smh, last I've see., Football is universal...  but whatever.. 

I don't think it's the football part that they think you dont understand....it may be more along the lines of the political or "keeping it local" part of the coaching history of Silsbee football that they are talking about.....some got a new outside look like they wanted and some were just wanting things to stay the same.....I have no big problems at all with the way things are going in fact I like certain things......but others who didn't get what they wanted will continue to nitpick....

58 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Just a small opinion from what I saw last night: almost all passes for Silsbee were overthrown or under thrown. Consider that on top of having Calvin Tyler in the backfield, maybe that's why coach won't throw the ball...

Great observation!  also, the backup QB isn't really ready as well...

45 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I don't think it's the football part that they think you dont understand....it may be more along the lines of the political or "keeping it local" part of the coaching history of Silsbee football that they are talking about.....some got a new outside look like they wanted and some were just wanting things to stay the same.....I have no big problems at all with the way things are going in fact I like certain things......but others who didn't get what they wanted will continue to nitpick....

Obj, I do understand school politics..  again, I'm from Beaumont, so I would know a thing or two about school and district politics.  lol

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I just wondered if Jones would be better if he had a coach who played QB before. 

He was actually pretty decent at Legacy last year.  I just think that there is a difference in playing 4a ball than playing private school ball.  More pressure defense, better pass coverages, complex pass defenses and smaller completion Windows.  it's like a culture shock, so to speak...