BISD/YMBL SouthTexas Shootout 2016 (Dec 1-3)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ShlyKBMT said:

G1: Ozen vs Scarborough, 3 pm
G2: Ridge Point vs Dallas Kimball, 7:30 pm
G3: Central vs Sharpstown, 6 pm
G4: West Brook vs Austin (Not clue if its Fort Bend Austin, Houston Austin or actually Austin HS), 4:30 pm

Yea i believe that was the original but they were adding more teams from what i was told . And yes that is Houston Austin 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:01 AM, winwin said:

Nail... meet head. Coaches look for opportunities to play in 5 games. Each tournament counts as two games on your schedule. So playing in a 3 game max isn't ideal. Although sometimes we are forced to do so based on date availability. The YMBL is competing with the Nederland Bulldog Classic, which has a 5 game potential.

Hey Coach, what ever happened to Win or go Home?? I don't think every tournament has to have 4-5 guaranteed games if you schedule quality teams. Coaches should want better competition rather than more games, because a weak field does nothing more than pad your stats or W/L record. Playing 4-5 weak games doesn't help your Team.  I agree that this Current YMBL field of only 8 teams is Pathetic.  I'm not directing this at you Coach, just trying to gauge this new age of thinking & whining about ensuring 4-5 games.  This ain't Summer Ball!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Hey Coach, what ever happened to Win or go Home?? I don't think every tournament has to have 4-5 guaranteed games if you schedule quality teams. Coaches should want better competition rather than more games, because a weak field does nothing more than pad your stats or W/L record. Playing 4-5 weak games doesn't help your Team.  I agree that this Current YMBL field of only 8 teams is Pathetic.  I'm not directing this at you Coach, just trying to gauge this new age of thinking & whining about ensuring 4-5 games.  This ain't Summer Ball!!!!! 

Well, since the UIL cut back on the number of games out side of tournaments and district that one team can play, most coaches are looking for 4-5 games per tourney.

There is no reason why the YMBL cannot go to pool play with just 8 teams. Most tourneys have gone to pool play except for tournaments that have 24+ teams and even then some of those are pool play. It's just a better format.

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, since the UIL cut back on the number of games out side of tournaments and district that one team can play, most coaches are looking for 4-5 games per tourney.

There is no reason why the YMBL cannot go to pool play with just 8 teams. Most tourneys have gone to pool play except for tournaments that have 24+ teams and even then some of those are pool play. It's just a better format.

Gotcha, maybe their trying to keep the Integrity of True Competition with the old style bracket play. I'm not a real fan of pool play. Ain't no pool play in the biggest Tournamen of the Year held in San Antonio.  LOL

1 hour ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Gotcha, maybe their trying to keep the Integrity of True Competition with the old style bracket play. I'm not a real fan of pool play. Ain't no pool play in the biggest Tournamen of the Year held in San Antonio.  LOL

I hear ya Big Cam. But during the season everyone is looking for pool play. A tourney counts as 2 games in the schedule. Better to get 5 for 2 than 3 for 2. But youre correct about the competition needing to be there. If the YMBL went to pool play, they would have to turn teams away.

51 minutes ago, winwin said:

I hear ya Big Cam. But during the season everyone is looking for pool play. A tourney counts as 2 games in the schedule. Better to get 5 for 2 than 3 for 2. But youre correct about the competition needing to be there. If the YMBL went to pool play, they would have to turn teams away.

I totally understand Coach, I sure hope the people over the YMBL are listening & will take heed to some of the ideas being shared to get the Tournament back to a big draw as once before. Good luck on the Season.  Tell the Big Fella "P" I said hello

11 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

I totally understand Coach, I sure hope the people over the YMBL are listening & will take heed to some of the ideas being shared to get the Tournament back to a big draw as once before. Good luck on the Season.  Tell the Big Fella "P" I said hello

Will do!

15 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

It's not us at the YMBL, all we do is volunteer and help things run smoothly. BISD decides how the tournament is set up. Believe me, I'm listening to all ideas everyone is throwing out and relaying all to the the chairman of the tournament. The YMBL can only do so much due to UIL regulations,  hence why BISD is involved  

2 hours ago, rohebert said:

It's not us at the YMBL, all we do is volunteer and help things run smoothly. BISD decides how the tournament is set up. Believe me, I'm listening to all ideas everyone is throwing out and relaying all to the the chairman of the tournament. The YMBL can only do so much due to UIL regulations,  hence why BISD is involved  

Gotcha, well I totally understand the Volunteering side of it. Everyone complains, but none step up to help out. LOL.  Thanks for the info & good luck with the tournament 

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Thank GOD

2 hours ago, rohebert said:

Don't know where you have your info from, but the YMBL has the Houston Chapter officiating the tournament this yr. 

Correction. According to BISD, the tournament has to use the Beaumont Chapter.  Let the complaining about the refs begin!

42 minutes ago, rohebert said:

Correction. According to BISD, the tournament has to use the Beaumont Chapter.  Let the complaining about the refs begin!

Has to use?  You mean that despite the many complaints (and I do remember last year that there were many from participating teams) the BISD has CHOSEN to use the Beaumont UIL chapter.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:52 AM, BlkMamba24 said:

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Has to use?  You mean that despite the many complaints (and I do remember last year that there were many from participating teams) the BISD has CHOSEN to use the Beaumont UIL chapter.

This is what I was told my the tournament chairman and the YMBL is not happy about it . Seems the Beaumont chapter has BISD arms twisted. I will find out the story on Thursday 

22 minutes ago, rohebert said:

This is what I was told my the tournament chairman and the YMBL is not happy about it . Seems the Beaumont chapter has BISD arms twisted. I will find out the story on Thursday 

My information is that BISD entered into the relationship with this chapter quite willingly.

All BISD schools use the Beaumont Chapter. It was always going to be the Beaumont Chapter to officiate the YMBL/BISD tourney. It's in the contract. When a BISD team hosts a game or tourney, Bmt. Chapter officiates unless the opponent of a single game (non district or district) doesn't agree and the UIL will then appoint an outside chapter for that game. Tournaments use same chapter for all games, no appealing in those games.

BISD chose the Beaumont Chapter. No arms were twisted.