Elijah Hines is the best back from Port Arthur since...?

I was going to say the same thing. There is Joe and Jamaal or Jamaal and Lil Joe.  That's it you can argue all day about who is first.  However the rest you can debate forever.  I will say i notice Elijah wears the number 25. I wonder why.  Hines is nice great moves. Good speed.  However nobody ever talks about that playoff game in Houston.  We were down big at Half.  In think that was C Niel senior year.  Anyway Jamal is inserted into the game at half. Rushes for 250 and 3 touchdowns we win the game.  That boy was baadddd

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I'm a little amazed too.  Hines has been very good, great at times in half a season of HS football.  And I've watched him since JR high.  I really like his game.  

But Charles has been great at all 3 levels and is one of the best RBs in the WORLD when healthy.  I think some just like to make outlandish arguments or maybe overhype.  But heck, I hear people who get paid to commentate do the same thing so...

Burkins was very good in HS and had a nice game or two at Baylor.  I know he had injury issues so tough to tell what could have been.  Still wouldn't put him on Jamaal's level.  

As far as PA running backs go, there is Jamaal and there is little Joe Washington and then you can argue about the rest after that at this point.  In my humble opinion of course...

Your assessment is the most accurate I've seen so far, when you talk about great backs, you have to consider several factors,coaching,O-line, opponents......then you have the next level RB.....Lil Joe, Jamal....when none of that matters!! I call it the Barry Sanders effect!! 

Just my two cents oh, speaking of great RB from PA Lendon Henry makes my top 5 list.

29 minutes ago, Pwr90 said:

Your assessment is the most accurate I've seen so far, when you talk about great backs, you have to consider several factors,coaching,O-line, opponents......then you have the next level RB.....Lil Joe, Jamal....when none of that matters!! I call it the Barry Sanders effect!! 

Just my two cents oh, speaking of great RB from PA Lendon Henry makes my top 5 list.

I really like these debates, but the end all is the point you make. It's one thing to be good in high school, and yet altogether different at the college level, but to excel at all three clearly separates the best of the best....JW, and JC.....are potentially HOFers....now you are talking about the best of the best of the best!!! 

6 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Romar(the older one, not the lineman)and Holmes was a nice 1,2 punch and BOTH was on the field at the same time.

Yeah that was a nice one.  Just Kenny and that Damm spread offense.  The line was huge that year. I just wished he would have went behind the center and let them big boys eat.  I hate running out the spread. I admit it has some benefits on your 20 but on theirs.  Forget the gimmicks and just plow thru em

2 minutes ago, Bugsy78 said:

Yeah that was a nice one.  Just Kenny and that Damm spread offense.  The line was huge that year. I just wished he would have went behind the center and let them big boys eat.  I hate running out the spread. I admit it has some benefits on your 20 but on theirs.  Forget the gimmicks and just plow thru em

i hear the linebacker Valcin can run the ball because he did run it at kelly from what i'm told. that can be your power back for these 3rd and 3 or less downs.

3 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i hear the linebacker Valcin can run the ball because he did run it at kelly from what i'm told. that can be your power back for these 3rd and 3 or less downs.

Sure would but Kenny ain't coming out that spread.  Even on the goal line.  When romar was there (lineman) they had one play specially designed for him that's the only time i saw singleton line up behind center

45 minutes ago, Bugsy78 said:

Lendon Henry and elijah burkins was probably one of the best 1,2 combos coming out of PA.  You had LH to bruise you and Burkins to just flat out run by you.  

I would have to insert Raymond Johnson and Carl Delahoussaye in it as well. Raymond was 205 in high school and ran a 10.5 in the hundred. Could run you over or by you. Carl was just as fast and was strong as an ox. He could have been a 1500 yard rusher at another school but they shared the load. Beat the then No. 7 team in the state that had Booth, Cappadonna, Marsh at PN-G. 

47 minutes ago, pakronos said:

He can and has.  I do like where he's playing though.  He flat out dominated the Nederland game.  Vincent had 2 pick 6s which really stood out in the box score but Valsin dominated the line of scrimmage and had to be double digits in tackles.  He also has a sack which forced a fumble.  To me, he's one of the more underrated players in the area just because you don't hear a lot about him.  Has one of those grown man bodies with ridiculous strength.  And also has nice speed and quickness.  

52 minutes ago, pakronos said:
5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He can and has.  I do like where he's playing though.  He flat out dominated the Nederland game.  Vincent had 2 pick 6s which really stood out in the box score but Valsin dominated the line of scrimmage and had to be double digits in tackles.  He also has a sack which forced a fumble.  To me, he's one of the more underrated players in the area just because you don't hear a lot about him.  Has one of those grown man bodies with ridiculous strength.  And also has nice speed and quickness.  

I wouldn't worry Elandon was the least thought about Lb. See where he at

25 minutes ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

I would have to insert Raymond Johnson and Carl Delahoussaye in it as well. Raymond was 205 in high school and ran a 10.5 in the hundred. Could run you over or by you. Carl was just as fast and was strong as an ox. He could have been a 1500 yard rusher at another school but they shared the load. Beat the then No. 7 team in the state that had Booth, Cappadonna, Marsh at PN-G. 

I remember that game folks charged the field like we lost our minds lol.  Yeah Raymond and carl was nice.  Damm PA has had some talent at Rb.  Anybody remember Aaron Babino. He was a receiver at Lhs before becoming Sfa qb.  I liked him as a reciever. Always wondered why he left the hive.  Saw him coaching in Tyler a few weeks back

7 minutes ago, Bugsy78 said:

I remember that game folks charged the field like we lost our minds lol.  Yeah Raymond and carl was nice.  Damm PA has had some talent at Rb.  Anybody remember Aaron Babino. He was a receiver at Lhs before becoming Sfa qb.  I liked him as a reciever. Always wondered why he left the hive.  Saw him coaching in Tyler a few weeks back

Do you remember that run Carl had to seal the victory? He ran about 100 yds on a 30 yd run!!

2 hours ago, Pwr90 said:

How?

This is a high school post not overall career. Maybe I should have phrased the question better. Its unfair for anyone thats still in high school to be compared on the high school level to someone on the Nfl level. Thats why I should have asked the best high school player and not just a general question. It left too much room for unbalanced comparison 

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

he also played very good against PNG. the announcers were not informed about PAM players lol..they said that was his first varsity start lol...is he a junior or senior?? i heard junior

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

he also played very good against PNG. the announcers were not informed about PAM players lol..they said that was his first varsity start lol...is he a junior or senior?? i heard junior

Junior.  And i think he's started since week 1.  Played last year for Kelly. 

On 10/17/2016 at 9:10 PM, SFA85 said:

Kam wasn't over hyped.  He just didn't have a QB who could run the zone-read properly like Singleton or Fisk.........

Kam his senior year was getting hit in the backfield. The offensive line had troubles until the very end of the season when he started to pick up yards. People forget sometimes a RB, no matter how good they might be, needs a productive line in front of them. Look at Elliot in Dallas.