Nederland forfeits win to livingston

mytwocents-28

6 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

There is no 'in Neumann's defense' in this issue.  Confirming eligibility of players and making sure you are in compliance with UIL rules is a big part of why he receives a six-figure salary from the tax payers of Nederland ISD.  No need to speculate on what happened or what he knew and when - he did not do his job here.

So true...  Everything said here...

5 minutes ago, outanup said:

Neuman has a new secretary this year....Not sure if this has anything to do with any paper work issues, nor am i blaming anyone. Im sure there is a ton of paperwork involved in the AD job.

If your potential starting QB was a move in, you certainly do not leave it up to her to make sure that everything is documented properly.  We are definitely in Harry Truman territory here - the buck stops with Neumann on this one.

If I have the tweets down, this appears to be the current picture of the Nederland/Livingston/Laday saga.

The UIL denied a parent residence waiver for junior QB Kevin Laday, thus making him ineligible. Gabe Pruett of the Port Arthur News first reported it and this was later confirmed by other media sources.  However, in this case the UIL merely makes a ruling on eligibility, it is up to the 22-5A District Executive Committee to mete out punishment.  Thus a meeting of the committee is scheduled for Wednesday.  If a forfeiture is ordered, it will be ordered by them at that meeting.  Of course, given that Laday was not eligible for the Livingston game, it is expected that Nederland will be ordered to forfeit, but they have not done so yet.

Anyone defending Nederland and Neumann here is only doing so based on the numbers 5 and 6, as in district championships and wins over Port Neches.  At this point, it doesn't really matter whether or not Neumann and/or the staff knew about this kid's living situation and that is precisely the problem.  It is his job to investigate that and determine if he is eligible or not.  If he isn't, you don't play him.  It really is as simple as that and it wasn't done.  Please feel free to list all of the excuses or justifications for that not being done by the athletic director who is paid very well to do that. 

9 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

If a players dad knew wouldn't you think a coach would know

Well if Neuman is at fault thats a shame, and shame on him. With that said, I take nothing you say as as anything close to the truth. Your agenda with coach is clear, racially motivated, and BS in my eyes.

Edited by administrator:  outanup, you know better than that

Let's play who had something to lose-This kid comes out of nowhere and takes over a team, kids went thru camp fun, spring practice. Then the start of the season a two man race, first scrimmage who is this kid scenario. Second scrimmage then real play we at WOS, we have injuries and such. Now we start District welcome Mr. Laday first big win. Back to first sentence and question, who has something to lose?

5 minutes ago, outanup said:

Well if Neuman is at fault thats a shame, and shame on him. With that said, I take nothing you say as as anything close to the truth. Your agenda with coach is clear, racially motivated, and BS in my eyes. Maybe if someone had handled up on his own business at home, we might not be in the mess were in.

where do you see any racial comment that I made get it straight.

2 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

Let's play who had something to lose-This kid comes out of nowhere and takes over a team, kids went thru camp fun, spring practice. Then the start of the season a two man race, first scrimmage who is this kid scenario. Second scrimmage then real play we at WOS, we have injuries and such. Now we start District welcome Mr. Laday first big win. Back to first sentence and question, who has something to lose?

We coulda beat Livingston with a left handed, one legged lady bug at QB

Wow!  Dropping the phrase "racially motivated" in your post shows a stunning lack of self awareness.  Mayfield may have some skin in the game given what happened with his son, but to add a racial component to this is ridiculous.  Plus, I would encourage you to think about that statement a little - the kid we are talking about being ineligible is African American.

(Lest I be accused of being "racially motivated", I just want to state for the record that I am white and have lived in Nederland for 40 plus years.  And, I still think he was dead wrong in how this was handled.)

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

I know PNG has cracked down. Friends of mine live in Beaumont but the Grandmother is the care giver before and after school. They had to go thru all kinds of stuff.

I honestly feel bad for the kids on the team.

PNG has a new Supt. That deals with enrollment. Heard he has cracked down on people falsely enrolled in the district. As a tax payer I am happy for this. You want to live here, be a tax payer!!!