Nederland forfeits win to livingston

mytwocents-28

But then there is this from the David Thompson of the Enterprise:

This is the hidden content, please

Nederland coach Larry Neumann said nothing has been decided by the UIL. The Bulldogs have not been forced to forfeit Livingston win.

I trust Gabe implicitly and know that he would not go public if he wasn't absolutely sure.  But if Neumann won't confirm, then we can't count it yet.

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

But then there is this from the David Thompson of the Enterprise:

Nederland coach Larry Neumann said nothing has been decided by the UIL. The Bulldogs have not been forced to forfeit Livingston win.

Make that drink I ordered a double.  Way past popcorn.

1 hour ago, outanup said:

Now that this is out there, the story I'm told is that LeDay was living with kinfolk in Nederland and saying they were legal guardians.... But it wasn't the case.... 

Hate to hear that he not a senior is he, we all know where he stays and who his parents are. Hope he gets another chance as well to play again, Keep your head up Kev.

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The Crosby fan 14.2 made a comment about of the Nederland coach wasn't worried about his eligibility, then why sit the kid out after the Livingston game?

Maybe it was implied that he already knew this kid wasn't eligible from jumpstreet?

That would be a stupid thing to do, why would he risk potentially forfeiting a district game if he wasn't sure if the kid was eligible?  After they self-reported the issue he  sat out until there is an official ruling.

8 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

In Neumann's defense we don't know weather or not he knew or didn't know and we won't know unless he comes out and admits it so anything we say about that is rumors and I think thats against the rules.

It's more like speculation, not rumor.  I'm just rewording what was already said and clarifying what most would probably take from that...

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

That would be a stupid thing to do, why would he risk potentially forfeiting a district game if he wasn't sure if the kid was eligible?  After they self-reported the issue he  sat out until there is an official ruling.

... It had your i's been dotted and your t's been crossed, even if there is an investigation, you'd be sure that you did everything right.  You'd already know that the uil investigation wouldn't turn up anything, BD...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's more like speculation, not rumor.  I'm just rewording what was already said and clarifying what most would probably take from that...

You know many won't agree, but some coaches do know, and can get away with a lot because who they are. You must remember it's never the person making waves who tells on oneself. We are all humans believe it or not and make mistakes, even as a adult.

1 minute ago, MAYFIELD said:

You know many won't agree, but some coaches do know, and can get away with a lot because who they are. You must remember it's never the person making waves who tells on oneself. We are all humans believe it or not and make mistakes, even as a adult.

Nederland self reported, so they did bring it to the UIL, no one told on them.

2 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

I COMPLETELY agree with this comment...

Now a kid, AND a group of kids are suffering....  That's awful!

There is no 'in Neumann's defense' in this issue.  Confirming eligibility of players and making sure you are in compliance with UIL rules is a big part of why he receives a six-figure salary from the tax payers of Nederland ISD.  No need to speculate on what happened or what he knew and when - he did not do his job here.

5 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

So you are saying Neumann knew? And then self reported to the UIL?