*****Crockett @ Newton showdown*****

GATA!

3 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

Well why should Newton be Div I or in 4A DIV II? You never answered my question....

they shouldn't. Just because the teams are so darn good compared to CC doesn't mean they should be in a higher classification. The amount of kids at your school is the only thing that should determine that, not the skill of your football team. So this guy is suggesting they get moved up to 4A ? So they have to compete academically in UIL competition, band, basketball , volleyball etc.. against schools 3x there size all because their football teams are good enough to beat 4A school's football teams? It doesn't work like that lol. The fact that they are good enough to compete with 4a D1 schools and beat them just speaks loudly as to how good those coaching staffs are and how great the community is to its football team and most importantly bloodlines in a place like newton. They didn't just get that way over night because people moved in , they have always been good, you can't punish a community for investing in its football team and doing well in that sport by moving them up in classification that's just nonsense lol

1 hour ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

they shouldn't. Just because the teams are so darn good compared to CC doesn't mean they should be in a higher classification. The amount of kids at your school is the only thing that should determine that, not the skill of your football team. So this guy is suggesting they get moved up to 4A ? So they have to compete academically in UIL competition, band, basketball , volleyball etc.. against schools 3x there size all because their football teams are good enough to beat 4A school's football teams? It doesn't work like that lol. The fact that they are good enough to compete with 4a D1 schools and beat them just speaks loudly as to how good those coaching staffs are and how great the community is to its football team and most importantly bloodlines in a place like newton. They didn't just get that way over night because people moved in , they have always been good, you can't punish a community for investing in its football team and doing well in that sport by moving them up in classification that's just nonsense lol

First of all everyone needs to get the chip off their shoulders ! Second it was more of a compliment than anything to newton.. But if u will look at teams like kirbyville woodville and several others.. They are no bigger than newton or corrigan as far as the size of the school goes..But yet they are 3A div 1..  But once again it was a compliment to newton because they can play with 4A teams.. Ive said all i have to say about this.. And i wont answer to anymore smart remarks.. Goodluck to everyone in district. 

3 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

First of all everyone needs to get the chip off their shoulders ! Second it was more of a compliment than anything to newton.. But if u will look at teams like kirbyville woodville and several others.. They are no bigger than newton or corrigan as far as the size of the school goes..But yet they are 3A div 1..  But once again it was a compliment to newton because they can play with 4A teams.. Ive said all i have to say about this.. And i wont answer to anymore smart remarks.. Goodluck to everyone in district. 

It's all good 09. Don't leave! We need you here for homecoming week when we play y'all. 

47 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

It's all good 09. Don't leave! We need you here for homecoming week when we play y'all. 

Sorry nation i honestly didnt mean nothing bad by it..and yes sir haha im sure yall gonna whoop us bad.. But its always fun anyways to talk a lil mess bout it during the week..haha

12 hours ago, Cactus said:

It's all good CC09.. hope you guys get it togeather and make a run. We are all in this togeather.  Our district will be at the top at the end. 

Thanks cactus, very young cc team this year who started off missing a few starters.. But things are looking up heading into district. . and yes sir i feel you are right our district is solid..

I really want to miss Liberty's district opened and watch this game. On paper this game looks like the game of the year so far, but I'm hearing people say Newton will blow them out? I would hate to miss Liberty's district opener and drive all that way for a blowout lol has anyone who is not a fan of either team seen both these teams in action this year yet ?

5 hours ago, Gsquared said:

Im coming down for this one, would suck if I drove all the way from Dallas and its an arse whippin either way, im hoping its somewhat close......

G□,

We can't make any promises that we will take it easy on them. Newton has not lost a District game since 2011! No need to break that streak now!