The Old Coach 5A Playoff Predictions

Guest Aledoalumni

11 hours ago, pakronos said:

Lumberton will be playing basketball!! THAT#1

PAM will be the D1 Champ or D1 runner up. at this point, i have to go with Vidor being the D2 representative...especially if they can steal one from nederland friday.

I think vidor wins friday in dog pound,i seen them last year run all over ned they couldn,'t stop the run and vidor is alot better this year so i think ned is in trouble,jmo.

Guest Aledoalumni

Thought it was interesting they had Crosby going D2. I didnt realize Manvel could go D2. Not as likely but possible. Also Cedar Park could go D2 if certain teams win. Will be keeping an eye on those teams that could send Manvel and Cedar Park D2. 

3 hours ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

Thought it was interesting they had Crosby going D2. I didnt realize Manvel could go D2. Not as likely but possible. Also Cedar Park could go D2 if certain teams win. Will be keeping an eye on those teams that could send Manvel and Cedar Park D2. 

In the initial release of the FNF magazine they had us going D1 and losing to Manvel in the second round. Any predictions of us going to the D2 playoffs is great news for Crosby fans. In D2 judging from early contest I think the hardest game before a regional final would be the second round matchup with FB Marshall or Texas City even though I'm not sure Texas City can consistently score. Crosby getting the D2 #1 seed from 21-5A also puts us on the other side of the bracket from College Station and Brenham who both look nice this year but would have to play each other in the second round.

18 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

Based on Old Coach's predictions, Vidor would get a rematch with BH, while MECCA gets a date with Lumberton.

You can't count Dayton out but I think my predictions on matchups right now would be:

New Caney vs Nederland

Porter vs PA Memorial

Crosby vs Vidor/Png loser

Barbers Hill vs Vidor/PNG winner

Guest Aledoalumni
21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

In the initial release of the FNF magazine they had us going D1 and losing to Manvel in the second round. Any predictions of us going to the D2 playoffs is great news for Crosby fans. In D2 judging from early contest I think the hardest game before a regional final would be the second round matchup with FB Marshall or Texas City even though I'm not sure Texas City can consistently score. Crosby getting the D2 #1 seed from 21-5A also puts us on the other side of the bracket from College Station and Brenham who both look nice this year but would have to play each other in the second round.

If yall do go D2 then It comes down to yall, College Station, and Calallen. College Station, Crosby, then Calallen in that order. Maybe yall get healthy and hit yalls stride but we will see. Still about who can stay healthy and improve the most between now and playoffs. 

1 minute ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

I think D1 comes down to Denton Ryan, Waxahachie, Manvel, Cedar Park, and Foster

D2 Aledo, Lone Star, Lancaster, College Station, Crosby, and Calallen

Man, in D1 I think there's Manvel then there's everyone else. Foster is good but their a weird good like Angleton is, I don't think they could really hang with Manvel if they get by Angleton in a probable regional final matchup. Manvel is playing like this and their offense isn't even what it's going to be later, even though their qb is the coach's son he's still only making his first starts of his career. If their defense keeps playing the way it is by game 10 or 12 they'll dang near be unstoppable. Interested to see how well FB Marshall can play them in district.