Little Cypress-Mauriceville 43 Orangefield 42/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

34 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

I'm happy we won. But we got to work on defense 

I agree, Can't say much about LCM's pass defense as OF only threw about 3 times, but the run D needs work. OF moved the chains by running real well. Glad LCM got the win though. Katon Brown looks like he will be an awesome receiver, very impressed with him tonight.

LCM needs to clean up the penalties also.

2 minutes ago, marshman said:

I agree, Can't say much about LCM's pass defense as OF only threw about 3 times, but the run D needs work. OF moved the chains by running real well. Glad LCM got the win though. Katon Brown looks like he will be an awesome receiver, very impressed with him tonight.

LCM needs to clean up the penalties also.

Katon Brown is a player. That kid can straight up play.  Our penalties is killing us. We get way to many personal fouls. Our MLB is out for the season our defense end should be back soon

One thing I wondered about was OF's kicker is one of the best around, why was their coaches getting him to pooch kick so many kickoffs. With the way LCM moved the ball, i would think you wouldn't want to give them the ball with such good field position. Maybe they wanted to prevent a big return but to me it wasn't worth it.

Also hope OF's starting QB #10 is ok. Kogt said he may have a concussion and that's why he didn't return.  Kid was pretty good running QB. Kinda reminded me some of the QB WO-S faced in the semis against Cuero.

4 minutes ago, marshman said:

One thing I wondered about was OF's kicker is one of the best around, why was their coaches getting him to pooch kick so many kickoffs. With the way LCM moved the ball, i would think you wouldn't want to give them the ball with such good field position. Maybe they wanted to prevent a big return but to me it wasn't worth it.

Also hope OF's starting QB #10 is ok. Kogt said he may have a concussion and that's why he didn't return.  Kid was pretty good running QB. Kinda reminded me some of the QB WO-S faced in the semis against Cuero.

The Qb did run the ball hard. He did look like Cuero qb

30 minutes ago, marshman said:

One  thing I wondered about was OF's kicker is one of the best around, why was their coaches getting him to pooch kick so many kickoffs. With the way LCM moved the ball, i would think you wouldn't want to give them the ball with such good field position. Maybe they wanted to prevent a big return but to me it wasn't worth it.

He can kick it out of the endzone a lot of the time, it makes no sense, he should be punting too

3 hours ago, SB63 said:

OF won't run spread... Personally don't think they have enough playmakers to play out wide. 

100 percent correct.   And going into LCM game, the starter was 3 of 9 on the season and the backup 2 of 9 through the air.  They just aren't equipped to be a big threat through the air.  But I do get the point and agree that Kress could be very effective with read option.  

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

100 percent correct.   And going into LCM game, the starter was 3 of 9 on the season and the backup 2 of 9 through the air.  They just aren't equipped to be a big threat through the air.  But I do get the point and agree that Kress could be very effective with read option.  

I haven't seen him throw the ball much. We put pressure on him since we had 9 in the box. Who's the back Qb? He looked like a big kid