Woodville vs. Liberty

eagleswoodville#1

2014- 2015 ,Good point, off the top of my head 4 of those wins each season were Deweyville, Warren, NewWaverly , Kountze. We never beat a Team with a winning record. We also had zero discipline and our program was in shambles. Thankfully for our kids we have a new coach that put discipline first . Then he put his simple offense in that takes your talent out of the game. It also put players in positions their not use to playing . 

12 minutes ago, Woodville89 said:

2014- 2015 ,Good point, off the top of my head 4 of those wins each season were Deweyville, Warren, NewWaverly , Kountze. We never beat a Team with a winning record. We also had zero discipline and our program was in shambles. Thankfully for our kids we have a new coach that put discipline first . Then he put his simple offense in that takes your talent out of the game. It also put players in positions their not use to playing . 

It puts the defense in positions their not use to . Example secondary at linebacker depth .

37 minutes ago, Woodville89 said:

Woodville lost to Kountze 56-6 that year..

5 hours ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

nobody said they didn't have athletes because they struggled against Anahuac. I was simply asking questions. Only thing i said about the athletes in this thread was that i HEARD they weren't too much deeper than coldpsring athletically, and again i said i HEARD that, not that i knew it to be true or believed it myself.

Sounds like someone is living in the past. This is a new year!!! Woodville wins district!!!  Who cares about Coldspring!!! This is not the Coldspring of 5 years ago!!! Don't care. Ville wins district!!! Crow baked if not lol!!!

1 hour ago, Sfajack2002 said:

Sounds like someone is living in the past. This is a new year!!! Woodville wins district!!!  Who cares about Coldspring!!! This is not the Coldspring of 5 years ago!!! Don't care. Ville wins district!!! Crow baked if not lol!!!

I agree I think ville wins district.....but Kirbyville is gonna take the wood out

39 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Kville has a good team but they are to small and to slow to play in the wood pile this year. wville  just has to much speed. and a lot more size.

Woodville has always had more size but more speed?  we will see,  jury is still out.

Dont put to much into the Orangefield comparison.  No, on second thought your right,  Kville is slow and small.  Everyone said same thing the past two years about EC and by the time week 10 got here,  well you know. 

As for the district, I've stated we still have alot to prove before I make any predictions on Woodville winning the championship.

As for this game.....

When I posted the previous records, it was in response to a previous statement along the lines of "...same old Woodville..." Which Woodville would that be? The playoff team that went 7-4 last year, or the team that went 6-4 the year before? Maybe I should expect the "same old Liberty", considering the fact that you haven't had a team post a .500 record since 2011. There's no way, in an unbiased, logical way of thinking, that you can even begin to think that these teams are not virtually even. Yes, Liberty is a bigger school in a larger classification. So were Orangfield and Madisonville. Madisonville is picked to finish second in their district and Orangefield is a very good team as well. Corrigan-Camden is way down, but beating them 51-0 isn't something that happens very often at all. I started this post off giving credit to both teams. All I expect is for that credit to be given by people from both sides of the spectrum. I'm an Eagle fan giving credit to the Liberty Panthers for having a hell of a team. I even stated that I think it will be a great game and very close.