Woodville vs. Liberty

eagleswoodville#1

I'll agree with some of the Coldspring fans that Coldspring coaching staff lost them the game at the end last friday. However, if Liberty doesn't fumble on their own 10 on a kickoff return, and then fumble another kickoff return that actually was returned for a touchdown, I don't see how coldspring would have been able to score. Their only TD other than those 2 came from a deep pass play that caught the panther's off guard, not making an excuse for that one it was legit but either way they dont put up 21 points without those panther mistakes watching that game for 4 quarters they simply weren't good enought imo to drive the length of the field 3 times and score 3 times, they got their one legit TD that came off a long drive and that was it. With all of that being said, Woodville from what i hear doesn't have as many athletes as coldspring. Now idk if that's true , just what ive heard, and if that is the case liberty should handle this one a little bit easier than they did coldpspring. If the panthers can cut out the false start penalties and most importantly, the fumbles, I have the panthers winning 28-12. 

6 minutes ago, longball24 said:

That score is probably correct don't remember

I just checked and that was the correct score. So if Woodville has 8 returning starters on each side of the ball, returning their QB and their star RB , would i be wrong to say that this years woodville team is similar to last years woodville team? for the most part ?

New system, new coaches, new attitude. Yes, it's the same players, but every single one of them is bigger, faster, and stronger than last year. If you're naive enough to believe that Woodville doesn't have very many athletes based on a score from LAST year, then you're going to be very disappointed lol 

18 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

New system, new coaches, new attitude. Yes, it's the same players, but every single one of them is bigger, faster, and stronger than last year. If you're naive enough to believe that Woodville doesn't have very many athletes based on a score from LAST year, then you're going to be very disappointed lol 

nobody said they didn't have athletes because they struggled against Anahuac. I was simply asking questions. Only thing i said about the athletes in this thread was that i HEARD they weren't too much deeper than coldpsring athletically, and again i said i HEARD that, not that i knew it to be true or believed it myself.

19 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

And yeah that was last year this is a whole new season but let's not kid ourselves this isn't the NFL, it's highschool, a coach coming in year 1 usually doesn't change the entire team from top to bottom, if there's 8 returning guys on each side of the ball i have to assume this team is at least somewhat similar to last years team? So no, im not making any predictions off 1 game from last year, but yes i do find a little comfort in knowing yall struggled with a team who could not get a first down against us this year, and last year when yall beat them 27-24 we beat them 42-6 or 35-6 idk i forget, and we got alot better this year as well. 

Liberty still has some things to figure out before district, false starts have been an issue, and the fumbles were a MAJOR issue last week. I was hoping to get the same ole Woodville team that they usually have but apparently we are dealing with a different animal this year according to the Woodville guys, and the fact that they did indeed blow out Orangfield last week. Had that not happened I would not be the least bit worried about anything you guys are saying, but it did and I am now worried. Not because I think Woodville will be more athletic or faster than Liberty, but because you guys aren't as awful as Anahuac which was the category i originally had you in, and that means Liberty can't afford the mistakes or we could lose this game. But I firmly believe Liberty would have to literally give this away (like they almost did last week to coldspring) in order to lose. We simply have too many athletes at too many positions, and a very conservative offense that really doesn't allow our players much room for error outside of just fumbling the football. No fumbles , no problem. That's how I see it this week, and honestly every week all the way up to West Orange Stark where it doesn't matter if you fumble, or not, we will still lose the game.

32 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Liberty still has some things to figure out before district, false starts have been an issue, and the fumbles were a MAJOR issue last week. I was hoping to get the same ole Woodville team that they usually have but apparently we are dealing with a different animal this year according to the Woodville guys, and the fact that they did indeed blow out Orangfield last week. Had that not happened I would not be the least bit worried about anything you guys are saying, but it did and I am now worried. Not because I think Woodville will be more athletic or faster than Liberty, but because you guys aren't as awful as Anahuac which was the category i originally had you in, and that means Liberty can't afford the mistakes or we could lose this game. But I firmly believe Liberty would have to literally give this away (like they almost did last week to coldspring) in order to lose. We simply have too many athletes at too many positions, and a very conservative offense that really doesn't allow our players much room for error outside of just fumbling the football. No fumbles , no problem. That's how I see it this week, and honestly every week all the way up to West Orange Stark where it doesn't matter if you fumble, or not, we will still lose the game.

Why are you so convinced that Liberty is clearly the better team? I can agree that they're a very good team, but Woodville is too. I intentionally haven't made any huge claims about this year's Woodville team because I realize we still have alot to prove. Liberty is in the same exact boat. They've never been a perennial power and have had some awful teams in the last ten years, as has Woodville. Both are undefeated with some blowout wins over mediocre teams, with a couple wins against quality opponents. Both have great athletes, great coaching, and decent size. It should be a great, close game. It could go either way, honestly. But to sit there and state that Liberty is easily the better team is not only ignorant, but shows exactly how little you know about football in SETX, outside of the Liberty Panthers. 

2 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Why are you so convinced that Liberty is clearly the better team? I can agree that they're a very good team, but Woodville is too. I intentionally haven't made any huge claims about this year's Woodville team because I realize we still have alot to prove. Liberty is in the same exact boat. They've never been a perennial power and have had some awful teams in the last ten years, as has Woodville. Both are undefeated with some blowout wins over mediocre teams, with a couple wins against quality opponents. Both have great athletes, great coaching, and decent size. It should be a great, close game. It could go either way, honestly. But to sit there and state that Liberty is easily the better team is not only ignorant, but shows exactly how little you know about football in SETX, outside of the Liberty Panthers. 

I watched the film on HUDL, and saw that you have less players, and they are smaller, we are a bigger school in a bigger classification and after seeing the film I concluded we have more athletes. So because I think Liberty is more athletic football team you're so hurt over it that you've concluded I know nothing about SETX football outside of Liberty? Because I think we are a bigger more athletic team? Okay lol

2 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

I watched the film on HUDL, and saw that you have less players, and they are smaller, we are a bigger school in a bigger classification and after seeing the film I concluded we have more athletes. So because I think Liberty is more athletic football team you're so hurt over it that you've concluded I know nothing about SETX football outside of Liberty? Because I think we are a bigger more athletic team? Okay lol

you should check my pick ems I am doing very well this year, and I always do. So I think me correctly picking the winners of each game each week on SETX, using the same exact analysis and means of gathering information to predict the woodville liberty outcome as i do the outcomes for the rest of the setx games each week is a better way to gauge my knowledge of setx football, but according to you i know NOTHING about setx football because i think liberty is a better team thats hilarious 

4 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Liberty:

2015 (4-7)

2014 (2-8)

2013 (3-7)

2012 (3-7)

Woodville:

2015 (7-4)

2014 (6-4)

2013 (2-8)

2012 (4-6)

Well.....

we have been playing newton and jasper in non district who have yall been playing? And that still has nothing to do with me thinking this years panther team has more athletes than your eagles, that's my main thing here is that this is high school football, if no mistakes are made the team with the most athletes should win, it's not the NFL where you can outsmart your opponents or out study your opponents because both teams have all the athletes in the world that's not the case in high school football 4a and down, and I just think we have more athletes so if we lose it would be because we screwed up that's all im saying

Liberty has a Runningback that not one of Woodville's athletes can handle. Actually, they have 2 & a QB who is probably he smartest player on both sides of the ball. Liberty has a Lb who you can do anything with but hope that he makes a mistake. Idk if the Woodville game was a fluke against Orangefield, but it Shows OF had 5 TOs , we shall see Friday, Liberty not only has some of the most soze, and multiple good athletes, they have 11 guys on each side of the ball that really wants to win a ball game , We havent had this type of team in a while. I still say Liberty 28-14, maybe 35-14

10 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

Liberty has a Runningback that not one of Woodville's athletes can handle. Actually, they have 2 & a QB who is probably he smartest player on both sides of the ball. Liberty has a Lb who you can do anything with but hope that he makes a mistake. Idk if the Woodville game was a fluke against Orangefield, but it Shows OF had 5 TOs , we shall see Friday, Liberty not only has some of the most soze, and multiple good athletes, they have 11 guys on each side of the ball that really wants to win a ball game , We havent had this type of team in a while. I still say Liberty 28-14, maybe 35-14

Yeah someone needs to get them some film, if they are insulting people's intelligence on here simply for saying Liberty looks bigger, stronger, and faster than Woodville on tape. That's why I "assume liberty is the better team" because they look like the better team on film and I was told I have no knowledge of south east texas football because I conclude that liberty has more athletes than woodville.