**** BRIDGE CITY @ NEWTON ****

GATA!

On 9/12/2016 at 10:46 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Very true....

I'd expect this to be a good game, but I believe BC will escape from Newton with a hard-fought win this Friday.  Especially if you guys have that many key players out.  Either way, I'm hoping for a cleanly-played, injury-free game this week.

I'm also making a vow to refrain from voicing my hatred of all things Newton-related this year.  I appreciate all of the Newton fans being on their best behavior so I don't have to come back here and verbally assault you all with my considerable wit and remarkable sarcasm.

Go Cards!

Where you at @ bruhhh?

I am pretty sure that Newton will mimic the Blue Print that Coach Thompson laid out last week on how to expose their defense and Man Coverage. Newton is no where near as fast as the Mustang offense or defense but they definitely have more overall team speed. 2 things can happen here: BC rebounds and straight up dominates with their Huge Offensive Line and wins the game with ball control or they let another one slip because the pain from last week has not mentally and physically healed yet. Time will tell!!!

1 hour ago, ThunderCat said:

I am pretty sure that Newton will mimic the Blue Print that Coach Thompson laid out last week on how to expose their defense and Man Coverage. Newton is no where near as fast as the Mustang offense or defense but they definitely have more overall team speed. 2 things can happen here: BC rebounds and straight up dominates with their Huge Offensive Line and wins the game with ball control or they let another one slip because the pain from last week has not mentally and physically healed yet. Time will tell!!!

Physically I think we're okay... it's the mental part that's still up in the air.  But if anybody can get the kids focused, Dubois can. Our defense has been a question mark all year, and it doesn't help that one of the bright spots in that secondary won't be playing.  

Newton is a great team, but it seems like it's been harder for them to match up with teams from bigger schools the last few years.  Bigger bodies and more of them tend to grind the Eagles down the stretch... If there really are a bunch of key Eagles out this week, I think it'll be a good game that we take as the game wears on.  I still expect to hear that freakin' fire truck a few times, though.  

Still no prediction from me, I ate to much crow from being to cocky about this game last year, I will say if we take care of the ball  we should be ok, BC is gonna come out swinging after last week's game turned out, good luck to both teams and hope for NO MORE injuries for both teams. Safe travels!