**** BRIDGE CITY @ NEWTON ****

GATA!

If Newton can get their starting players off the injury list and on the field Newton will be ok in this one. Too many key players on the sidelines right now. Two more games before district starts against a tough Crockett team. Would like to see these starters back on the field before the Crockett game. Injures are hitting Newton hard this year . I'll still take Newton in this one even without some key players on the field.

46 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Who all is out for Newton?

Tamauzia Brown#8, Kirkland Foster#11 and Brodrick Spikes#5 are out. JD Spikes#7 is banged up. That's four big time players. Tamauzia is a guy that changes the game and can score at will. The next shorter from Newton and only a sophomore. All of these guys touch the ball and do the scoring for Newton, so Newton will have to be creative this week. 

8 minutes ago, Rajin Cajun said:

Tamauzia Brown#8, Kirkland Foster#11 and Brodrick Spikes#5 are out. JD Spikes#7 is banged up. That's four big time players. Tamauzia is a guy that changes the game and can score at will. The next shorter from Newton and only a sophomore. All of these guys touch the ball and do the scoring for Newton, so Newton will have to be creative this week. 

Yeah that's a lot of production out. Best not to rush them back though. Do what you can against BC, make sure the heavy hitters are healthy for district play.

2 hours ago, Rajin Cajun said:

Telling every detail about a team to the opposing team is not cool. Names , number , type of injury. The post above already noted the injuries but with respect didn't go into detail. Just not cool at all.

38 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Telling every detail about a team to the opposing team is not cool. Names , number , type of injury. The post above already noted the injuries but with respect didn't go into detail. Just not cool at all.

Very true....

I'd expect this to be a good game, but I believe BC will escape from Newton with a hard-fought win this Friday.  Especially if you guys have that many key players out.  Either way, I'm hoping for a cleanly-played, injury-free game this week.

I'm also making a vow to refrain from voicing my hatred of all things Newton-related this year.  I appreciate all of the Newton fans being on their best behavior so I don't have to come back here and verbally assault you all with my considerable wit and remarkable sarcasm.

Go Cards!

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

lol. Coach Dubios is very clear of who is out. Coaches talk and coaches scout. Stating this to fans on a forum does not do any justice. What are the fans going to do? Read it, maybe tell a few more fans, get a chance to think they're going to win and then?? By stating who is out does not determine the outcome as they will be out regardless if it is told to fans on a here or not. Lets not act like this is all a big secret and will help Newton win the game if its not told to BC fans. Eleven Newton players have to line up against eleven BC players at the end of the day. But, i did catch a good laugh at this. (BC will now win being that the fans know who is out)    Newton 34-14 

1 hour ago, Rajin Cajun said:

lol. Coach Dubios is very clear of who is out. Coaches talk and coaches scout. Stating this to fans on a forum does not do any justice. What are the fans going to do? Read it, maybe tell a few more fans, get a chance to think they're going to win and then?? By stating who is out does not determine the outcome as they will be out regardless if it is told to fans on a here or not. Lets not act like this is all a big secret and will help Newton win the game if its not told to BC fans. Eleven Newton players have to line up against eleven BC players at the end of the day. But, i did catch a good laugh at this. (BC will now win being that the fans know who is out)    Newton 34-14 

I'll give you credit for not listing the  playbook.

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Very true....

I'd expect this to be a good game, but I believe BC will escape from Newton with a hard-fought win this Friday.  Especially if you guys have that many key players out.  Either way, I'm hoping for a cleanly-played, injury-free game this week.

I'm also making a vow to refrain from voicing my hatred of all things Newton-related this year.  I appreciate all of the Newton fans being on their best behavior so I don't have to come back here and verbally assault you all with my considerable wit and remarkable sarcasm.

Go Cards!