Houston Heights at Crosby/Post updates here!

Red Dawn

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yup, in 6A, yall went 5-6 playing in a bi-polar district then got sent to the couch by CE King, Soulja you wont win this round of trash talk, fact of the matter is 21-5A owns Central as of late just like we own yall, if a Crosby matchup happens we both know Central will be practicing FTs instead of practicing FGs. Its really simple. And trust me when I say this: after we beat yall this season, then yall go 0-fer versus MC, then backdoor and get beat by Crosby (hopefully right there at The Butch) I wont let it down the rest of the year. Lol

Beating central  at the butch would allmost be as much fun as stomping a mud hole in png's arse at the "hill"...o wait we allready done that :)

2 hours ago, pe2009 said:

They have an Awesome, player friendly coach who goes above and beyond to get his kids noticed and recruited....but they aren't at the "Lamar" level yet.

They're probably not going to get to Lamar's level for a while because Lamar has 1000 more kids than them. You remember how Reagan was back then, Yates was considered the third ward school and they were considered the second ward school. Now all those shotgun houses are being replaced by nicer homes and it's turning into yuppie-ville and The Heights is the place to be inside the loop. 

Crosby is playing them because they're bigger than us and just as fast or faster which is what you see in the playoffs. FB Travis is the largest school in their 6A district so it doesn't matter how they can do Reagan, it's a test for Crosby. The last four years other than Cedar Park, Crosby's worst losses have come to Summer Creek, Manor and Ridge Point which are all 6A now and similar to this Heights team. It's probably going to be a major relief to the kids once they play someone they're bigger and faster than. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The transfers for Heights playing Friday?  Is Grace going to be let loose as well?? 

Idk what the transfers names are so I couldn't do any research, hard to tell from the rosters because they're incomplete. He staff tried to let Grace loose, it just wasn't anything shaking against those boys. The reason I'm excited is because even though Manvel knew we couldn't run the ball on them we were stil able to put together some decent offense when we didn't penalize ourselves. I would imagine we run the ball better and Grace gets more work though. 

1 hour ago, liltex said:

I almost fell out of my chair laughing,Soulja you remember 2012-2014 Central beat Vidor one time 36-34 in 2013.Losing 28-14 2014,and the yr Vidor beat Crosby they beat Central 40-21:)

Tex, I'm really mad y'all saved them. Your two years in 22-5A caused Crosby not to go 9-10 in bi-district. How poetically ironic it would've been for Vidor to be the only team to beat us with all that tradition over there. 

Reagan is going to try and run the ball our defense will hold. The defense looked really good versus Manvel. Short fields and scoop and scores make the score look bad but those bois can play. 

Im of the firm belief that no one can contain Netherly this year and that Craig is going to have a huge game. Hopefully we see the greatest show on turf return. Go cougs! 

42-28 Crosby.

43 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Idk what the transfers names are so I couldn't do any research, hard to tell from the rosters because they're incomplete. He staff tried to let Grace loose, it just wasn't anything shaking against those boys. The reason I'm excited is because even though Manvel knew we couldn't run the ball on them we were stil able to put together some decent offense when we didn't penalize ourselves. I would imagine we run the ball better and Grace gets more work though. 

I saw the LB playing against FB Travis.He's #34 Earnest Anderson and he's a good ballplayer.Did not see either offensive players playing.Channel 13 had a special on one that is verbally commited to UNLV and they said they were going to stand by the young man.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Tex, I'm really mad y'all saved them. Your two years in 22-5A caused Crosby not to go 9-10 in bi-district. How poetically ironic it would've been for Vidor to be the only team to beat us with all that tradition over there. 

In 22-4A 2006-2007 Broncos scored 521 points allowed 77 over 14 games w/5 skunks/6 gms 7 pts or less,an 8 pt gm/a 13 pt gm.And just like others as luck would have it=run into better teams.Our 69 team was 10-0 catch Lufkin Dunbar 1st rd & lose=Lufkin loses state 7-6,2 teams went in those days.Gotta be good,draw good,get a few breaks along the way,and no injuries to starters

11 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Reagan is going to try and run the ball our defense will hold. The defense looked really good versus Manvel. Short fields and scoop and scores make the score look bad but those bois can play. 

Im of the firm belief that no one can contain Netherly this year and that Craig is going to have a huge game. Hopefully we see the greatest show on turf return. Go cougs! 

42-28 Crosby.

Other than the 40+ yard run #21 had on 3-35 when we had them backed up at the 10 in the second half, I thought the run defense looked good too. Heck, the pass defense was ok other than Preston taking the screen 85 on 2-30. I was especially impressed with the way Alec Lewis played, Manvel didn't seem like they could do anything with him. With Netherly back there I think the offense is going to end up averaging about 500 yards and 40+ once district play starts. I just want to see the defense do it one more time. 

13 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They're probably not going to get to Lamar's level for a while because Lamar has 1000 more kids than them. You remember how Reagan was back then, Yates was considered the third ward school and they were considered the second ward school. Now all those shotgun houses are being replaced by nicer homes and it's turning into yuppie-ville and The Heights is the place to be inside the loop. 

Crosby is playing them because they're bigger than us and just as fast or faster which is what you see in the playoffs. FB Travis is the largest school in their 6A district so it doesn't matter how they can do Reagan, it's a test for Crosby. The last four years other than Cedar Park, Crosby's worst losses have come to Summer Creek, Manor and Ridge Point which are all 6A now and similar to this Heights team. It's probably going to be a major relief to the kids once they play someone they're bigger and faster than. 

They bused us in from 1st Ward, the West End and 4th Ward to go to Reagan.....certain parts of 4th Ward(Near Montrose) also went to Lamar. Honestly I don't think Reagan is at the level of CROSBY yet in terms of football despite being 6A. Maybe "Heights" can prove me wrong......I wouldnt be mad about it either lol

On 8/28/2016 at 7:14 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I sat with Bellaire's offensive coordinator at the Lee and Westbury game and he told me last year they were a lot better. He said they were young but had some talent. They have the #7 overall player in the state for the 2018 class in Jalen Green, he's a 6-2 corner that looks like he also plays some qb and receiver sometime. Crosby is going to have another test at the line of scrimmage but I suspect we pass his one. Here's the box score from their game with Fort Bend Travis:

This is the hidden content, please

Is Houston Reagan an older houston school?

No doubt Houston Heights will look the part before the game. Question is will just throwing a bunch of athletic kids on the field be enough to over come their coaching and program deficiencys they will be facing in this game. The year Dayton beat the brakes off of IKE before the game I was looking at them warming up thinking our kids were about to get killed. Then the game started and it was obvious they where not coached anywhere near the level of our kids. I think if you gave those kids  from HH the same coaching and off season work it would be a different game. I say Crosby should win this game fairly easily. 

2 minutes ago, pe2009 said:

Pretty sure it was before that....they went to state in 1920

Was just going by what I read when I googled it.

Heights High School, formerly John H. Reagan High School, is a senior high school located in the Houston Heights in Houston, Texas. It serves students in grades nine through twelve and is a part of the Houston Independent School District.

:
413 E 13th St, Houston, TX 77008
:
:
White
:
(713) 861-5694
:
:

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

No doubt Houston Heights will look the part before the game. Question is will just throwing a bunch of athletic kids on the field be enough to over come their coaching and program deficiencys they will be facing in this game. The year Dayton beat the brakes off of IKE before the game I was looking at them warming up thinking our kids were about to get killed. Then the game started and it was obvious they where not coached anywhere near the level of our kids. I think if you gave those kids  from HH the same coaching and off season work it would be a different game. I say Crosby should win this game fairly easily. 

Yeah, the only problem with that is they aren't poorly coached like a lot of the other HISD schools. Once Coach Dixon took over the job it took him a few years to get the program going and now they've been to the playoffs five straight years, which really isn't saying much in that district but it is what it is. Coach Dixon is probably just as good a coach as Averion Hurts but they have to play the hand they're given. 

I think Crosby should win too, I'm just not with you on the fairly easily part. Unit by unit they match up extremely well with Crosby, the only place we'll have a real advantage is qb and rb. I'm not sure about the receivers because they have a 6-4/200lb kid named Davion Zeno that looks like he's going to be pretty tough to check.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, the only problem with that is they aren't poorly coached like a lot of the other HISD schools. Once Coach Dixon took over the job it took him a few years to get the program going and now they've been to the playoffs five straight years, which really isn't saying much in that district but it is what it is. Coach Dixon is probably just as good a coach as Averion Hurts but they have to play the hand they're given. 

I think Crosby should win too, I'm just not with you on the fairly easily part. Unit by unit they match up extremely well with Crosby, the only place we'll have a real advantage is qb and rb. I'm not sure about the receivers because they have a 6-4/200lb kid named Davion Zeno that looks like he's going to be pretty tough to check.

I never said Dixon was a poor coach. I said in this game game against your Crosby Cougars HH will be at a big disadvantage compared to your program and coaching. If this game is close I will be shocked but it is football and penalties turnovers etc can change momentum quickly. Last week against a premier program you said Manvel would need 40+ to win. Now against HH you are trying to make a case why this game should be close. I think you just like to argue. Lol

3 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Was just going by what I read when I googled it.

Heights High School, formerly John H. Reagan High School, is a senior high school located in the Houston Heights in Houston, Texas. It serves students in grades nine through twelve and is a part of the Houston Independent School District.

:
413 E 13th St, Houston, TX 77008
:
:
White
:
(713) 861-5694
:
:

Maybe thats when they changed the name....it was Houston Heights before it was reagan.