The Game: RSS vs rel

The Baytown Sun is reporting that they expect 16K fans in attendance for Friday's 50th anniversary of The Game. Ticket sales have been through the roof.

I have heard, that due to construction in the visitor parking area, the district will be providing a shuttle bus to the stadium. 

This is like taking a time machine to the 70's and 80's. This game used to be so big in this town. Man, what happened.

Hoping for a good show. 

Beat the L out of REL!

1 hour ago, GCMPats said:

The Baytown Sun is reporting that they expect 16K fans in attendance for Friday's 50th anniversary of The Game. Ticket sales have been through the roof.

I have heard, that due to construction in the visitor parking area, the district will be providing a shuttle bus to the stadium. 

This is like taking a time machine to the 70's and 80's. This game used to be so big in this town. Man, what happened.

Hoping for a good show. 

Beat the L out of REL!

Heard all of the men in blue w/badges will honored for yrs service keeping the peace @Stallworth:)

From GCCISD:

Good morning. Just a reminder that 

This is the hidden content, please
 is Friday night, so join us at Stallworth to celebrate the golden anniversary of the Lee-Sterling game. A couple of things: Kick off is at 7 p.m. BUT we will be showing a pre-game documentary of the history of the game starting at 6:30, so get there and be seated early because you don't want to miss this!. Parking will be at a premium so we encourage you to have your tickets in advance (they can be purchased at Lee and Sterling). Tickets are going fast!

Also, additional parking will be available at Second Baptist Church. Shuttles will begin running at 5:30 p.m. and will also run after the games.

It's going to be a great event so come cheer on the Ganders and the Rangers!

I'm hoping for a close exciting game so it will encourage some of the 16000 to attend more football games. I'm sure a majority of them haven't been to one in years. All three Baytown schools deserve more support from their community. I would also like to see GCCISD do more to promote the high school football games and increase attendance. Weekly right ups in the local paper just don't do it anymore as a lot of people stopped reading newspapers a long time ago.

30 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

That would be the biggest upset in the history of this game.

Well then I called it here.  Lee's offense will be more physical then Clear lakes was. I don't know how their defense will compare but I feel they will be more physical then Lakes defense was as well. 

RSS's qb won them that game with his legs in the second half. I don't foresee him being able to get those yards this week.

2 hours ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

Well then I called it here.  Lee's offense will be more physical then Clear lakes was. I don't know how their defense will compare but I feel they will be more physical then Lakes defense was as well. 

RSS's qb won them that game with his legs in the second half. I don't foresee him being able to get those yards this week.

No way Rangers. by 14

2 minutes ago, rangersfan4 said:

School Board issued discipline on Corbett and Modeste.  They are suspended from play till the North Shore Game 9/22.  

Looking forward to THE GAME Friday night.

GO RANGERS !!!!

Cool, they will need those two definitely come district. Are they able to practice? 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Cool, they will need those two definitely come district. Are they able to practice? 

yes they started back this week.  Be nice to have Modeste size back in the back field to take some hits off Hill.  Also having him back at DE is going to help out alot. Hopefully Corbett has improved on arm strength but he is quick on his feet.

Which was the better win as far as a confidence standpoint last week? Lee or Sterling? 

Winning breeds confidence in certain teams, it can also make you feel like it was a loss also in certain teams. Depends on how the program is at that period of time. 

17 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

I'm hoping for a close exciting game so it will encourage some of the 16000 to attend more football games. I'm sure a majority of them haven't been to one in years. All three Baytown schools deserve more support from their community. I would also like to see GCCISD do more to promote the high school football games and increase attendance. Weekly right ups in the local paper just don't do it anymore as a lot of people stopped reading newspapers a long time ago.

What paper,Bayt Sun is only a few pages now.Obituaries they read,agree tho mother-in-law stopped a 20 yr subscription.I agree peeps don't attend gms in Bayt like they once did.I'm sure playoff concession sales trump in $ all the reg season gms

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Which was the better win as far as a confidence standpoint last week? Lee or Sterling? 

Winning breeds confidence in certain teams, it can also make you feel like it was a loss also in certain teams. Depends on how the program is at that period of time. 

Lee's win was big for them. They play with a lot of pride, just will not be able to hold up for 4 quarters.

Sterling survived a game they could have easily lost. Might have tempered their over confidence just a little. 

As for Friday-

Lee plays hard for 2 quarters and half the stadium will be singing "Poor Little Ranger Boys".

Then the Rangers pull away late and the other half of the stadium will be singing "The Night We Drove Ol' Dixie Down".

Good times, Great memories.

16 hours ago, rangersfan4 said:

School Board issued discipline on Corbett and Modeste.  They are suspended from play till the North Shore Game 9/22.  

Looking forward to THE GAME Friday night.

GO RANGERS !!!!

Are you hearing this from an official source.  I heard (not officially) that GCM's Spencer was out for the season and Corbett and Modest were as well. I asked my son if Spencer was at practice  yesterday and he said no. Just curious if we're getting our player back as well. 

Hopefully will be a good game.  I have no ties to REL or RSS, I just remember playing them while at WB in the late 80s.  But wife is a REL grad and teaches in GCCISD and have had the same season tickets for decades and we award a scholarship to an REL senior each year in her late husbands name.  I missed last weeks first win in 3 years since I was working at the golf course but I'll be there tomorrow night.  

11 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Are you hearing this from an official source.  I heard (not officially) that GCM's Spencer was out for the season and Corbett and Modest were as well. I asked my son if Spencer was at practice  yesterday and he said no. Just curious if we're getting our player back as well. 

reliable source.  if you look at my past posts all have been on the money. plus i saw them personally in pads at practice.   Don't know about the GMC player. They have not practiced until the board gave the ruling. I know the coach had them under a strict contract with him for their personal off field and on field behavior.  What the kids did was wrong and I do not condone what they did.  Now saying that, all kids need a good role model and support system and Coach Sawyer brings that to the team and those kids. Hope that they learned what they can loose by wrong decisions.  Official source response in forth coming.  Wish all kids on both teams luck for a good healthy season. 

GO RANGERS         side note  GO BIG NED