Humble 42 Katy Tompkins 18/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, HUM398 said:

29-11 Humble.   Halftime.

defense coming to play, 2 TDs on forced fumbles.  

#3 Terio Brown has 2TDs. 

Tough to get a read on Tompkins.  11 points came off Humble fumbles on ST changing possession in wildcat territory. 

Doesn't matter how you read them 398. It's a 6A team that plays in the Katy ISD district and almost made the playoffs last year and they outnumber y'all by almost 1,000 kids. I didn't get to see Crosby's scrimmage versus Huffman but I did see us against Nederland. After doing all my pre-season research I passed by CCRed's office and started showing him film. I told him I was picking y'all second in district because you had looked the best in the district from what I had saw up to that point. 

Keep it up and hopefully y'all don't have the notorious late season fade that's plagued y'all lately. I'm really pulling for Coach West this season. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Doesn't matter how you read them 398. It's a 6A team that plays in the Katy ISD district and almost made the playoffs last year and they outnumber y'all by almost 1,000 kids. I didn't get to see Crosby's scrimmage versus Huffman but I did see us against Nederland. After doing all my pre-season research I passed by CCRed's office and started showing him film. I told him I was picking y'all second in district because you had looked the best in the district from what I had saw up to that point. 

Keep it up and hopefully y'all don't have the notorious late season fade that's plagued y'all lately. I'm really pulling for Coach West this season. 

I get that about there size, however I still don't know how this translates when we are challenged by better teams. How good or bad is Tompkins?  What was clear is that they were too slow up front on both sides.  We held them to something like 100 yards all night.     I saw a lot liked though .   Kids played hard,even when they blew it on those fumbles.  Defense looks great up front, and that was an area of concern for me. Our QB situation is infinitely better than last year, despite him have a sort of rough game, But he made reads and decisions that we didn't see last year.  Offense is revamped to play to our strengths.  And we have solid weapons to choose from.   This is a team built for a run.    

i really want this for our kids, and for coach West. Been a rough offseason.  

At at the end of the day, there is a ton to work on.  Just glad footballs back 

37 minutes ago, HUM398 said:

I get that about there size, however I still don't know how this translates when we are challenged by better teams. How good or bad is Tompkins?  What was clear is that they were too slow up front on both sides.  We held them to something like 100 yards all night.     I saw a lot liked though .   Kids played hard,even when they blew it on those fumbles.  Defense looks great up front, and that was an area of concern for me. Our QB situation is infinitely better than last year, despite him have a sort of rough game, But he made reads and decisions that we didn't see last year.  Offense is revamped to play to our strengths.  And we have solid weapons to choose from.   This is a team built for a run.    

i really want this for our kids, and for coach West. Been a rough offseason.  

At at the end of the day, there is a ton to work on.  Just glad footballs back 

I think this is only Tompkins' third or fourth varsity year, they're a new Katy ISD 6A. You're right about the defense being stiff. Humble held Tompkins to 96 total yards it says: 

This is the hidden content, please