Port Neches-Groves 54 Silsbee 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

yeah you were close i give you that,i was there the kid is a beast but you would have never thought he went for that much by watching the game,even through all that good runs you would thought they would have won the game with those numbers,png just got after them,png off too much,and just wait until the soph qb gets more games under his belt,that off will be pretty good,the need neds to get better,if they can png will be tough for anybody to bet,other teams will get better also just making a point

Yeah I would have never guessed he rushed for that much. They struggled so often with things. Good show though. I'm still worried about PNG team speedĀ 

Edited by ROSCHONSBIGBRO

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

He won't rebuttal, watch...

im not scared to post what i think,no one is right about every thing,if im wrong,i will admit it,thats what this board is for,fun and to get opinions from people to see what they think,so i have spoken doesnt make me right every thing i say,lol,theres some really smart people on here,and know there stuff

7 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Yeah I would have never guessed he rushed for that much. They struggled so often with things. Good show though. I'm still worried about PNG team speedĀ 

yeah i feel the same way,but i can tell you this i was at both of there scrimmages,and they are alot better and its just the first game,so if they continue to get better as aĀ whole then they will be a pretty good team

4 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

yeah i feel the same way,but i can tell you this i was at both of there scrimmages,and they are alot better and its just the first game,so if they continue to get better as aĀ whole then they will be a pretty good team

Yeah I thought tackling was good. It's just everytime #4 got space I held my breath. He was just one guy. I just getĀ worried about the teams with speed on the outside and backfield that are actually competent enough to use it. Gap integrity and individuals staying on assignment will be a big theme for this years defense. Good job today, Ā but we need more and have toĀ work up to it.

I think Silsbee has a lot to be excited about. They will win a lot of games this season. They just don't tend to win against PNG (something we understand with Nederland and WO-S). Even in 2012, when PNG was terrible, we managed to beat a stateĀ quarterfinal Silsbee team. We pulled off a one-point win, from which Silsbee went on to win about six straight and we went on to win only once more. Proud of the Indians for playing tough against a dominant running back. I do find it strange that Silsbee threw the ball so little. The air raid should be the Tigers' bread and butter, given their obvious talent at wide receiver. The run defense from PNG did a good job, but Silsbee certainly made the guessing game easy. I was afraid of this when I learned that Cy Ranch had been such a run-heavy team under this new coach. Silsbee is not a "run over you" team, and I don't think they should be. They are tough, but they also blow you up with finesse and precision, not unlike the Indians. I was not at the game, but I think Silsbee could have thrown the ball a little more, with some success (for a moment, they were moving the ball just by drawing pass interference, which moves the chains just fine). I don't know if PNG's cornerbacks were doing anything special to make passing too difficult, but from what I saw in the scrimmage against West Orange, PNG's CB's are a little undersized, something Silsbee should have been able to exploit, at least for a few more first downs. It will be interesting to see how the season progresses for the Tigers. Go Indians.Ā 

All things being said it was a solid performance by PNG.

Coaches scouting the scrimmage against Lumberton put that in play nicely.Ā  All 11 defensive players within ten yards of the ball, all night long, with first read on the run.Ā  Kept the edges sealed for most of the night, and with the lack of push from Silsbee O-Line and even worse blocking by outside receivers left Tyler/Thomas with little room to maneuver.Ā  Though I believe Thomas left an impression, and if he spends less time on defense,Ā you will see more of him in backfield.

The Preston Duo was highly effective with downfield running and great hands, Roshon made some great passes and solid reads. They ALLĀ followed their blockers and ate up big chunks of yardage.Ā  Real hard for the TigerĀ secondary to get off blocks last night.Ā  It was how it was drawn up (Guessing Here), the defense did what they were supposed to do against the Tigers Offense.

Ā 

As for Silsbee.Ā  I still came away with an OK feeling.Ā 

Young O-Line playing against a stacked box learned hard lessons about getting a push and sealing their blocks.Ā  Tyler/Thomas did a fantastic job creating what yardage they gained. As for the lack of diversity in the offense, my only opinion is that the backbone of this offense will be the run (36 Carries by RBs), and Coach Smith wants it done right.Ā Ā  Plenty of chances to throw the ball but I wasn't convinced ofĀ Coach Smith'sĀ confidence in O-Line to have Jones set himself and make a throw based on timing or downfield routes.Ā  (Coach Smith did make some subs on O-Line which generated much better results, but they cant play both ways all night.Ā Just cant do it. Ā Could just be me, Im sure someone on here will tell me I am an idiot.Ā 

Defense was just plain outmatched.Ā  PNG's 5 O-Line on Silsbee's 3 D-Lineman had tremendous blocking into the second level LB's.Ā  No blitzing from Silsbee, soft coverage (only 6 in the box) and a lack of key defensive players did not help.Ā 

Still have to tackle.Ā  Lots of growing pains here but contrary to the "experts", none of this was a secret.Ā 

No excuses but that's my insight on what I saw last night.Ā  I wanted to see a stabilized defense from Silsbee, left me wanting,

I have no issues with the offense.Ā  I like it.Ā  The better it gets, the more rest the defense will get and hopefully that will allow them to play better.Ā  I believe inĀ  my gut that this is the plan and that this plan takes faith, patience, execution and then results.Ā  In that order.

On to Newton.Ā 

6 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

yeah you were close i give you that,i was there the kid is a beast but you would have never thought he went for that much by watching the game,even through all that good runs you would thought they would have won the game with those numbers,png just got after them,png off too much,and just wait until the soph qb gets more games under his belt,that off will be pretty good,the need neds to get better,if they can png will be tough for anybody to bet,other teams will get better also just making a point

Your right Silsbee should have won with those numbers, but with a horrible defense they aren't gonna win anything!Ā 

I hope Silsbee fans dont start blaming coach and play calling, I already see it happening from a couple. Here's my opinion, even though I wasn't at this game but I know two who were, and I've watched Silsbee scrimmage twice now:

Play calling isn't your issue, you scored 27 points. That's really not that bad considering all the bone head penalties that you had. Now I understand it's not almost 50 points like you were used to last year, but 27 points really isn't all that terrible. You had a rusher with 180 and 3 touchdowns... To me it seems like offensive play calling was alright according to those numbers. You have a two headed monster in the backfield, run them all night and keep the defense off the field.

your problem isn't play calling, it's defense. Your never gonna win consistently if you can't stop anybody. The coach knows that. He knows you can't win a championship by going back and forth like y'all did last year, and winning 61-60. You have to stop people, give it time and hopefully he will get it in line IF the players buy into his system and don't give up after the butt kicking they got last night.

9 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Coaches scouting the scrimmage against Lumberton put that in play nicely.Ā  All 11 defensive players within ten yards of the ball, all night long, with first read on the run.Ā  Kept the edges sealed for most of the night, and with the lack of push from Silsbee O-Line and even worse blocking by outside receivers left

Tyler/Thomas with little room to maneuver.Ā  Though I believe Thomas left an impression, and if he spends less time on defense,Ā you will see more of him in backfield.

The Preston Duo was highly effective with downfield running and great hands, Roshon made some great passes and solid reads. They ALLĀ followed

their blockers and ate up big chunks of yardage.Ā  Real hard for the TigerĀ secondary to get off blocks last night.Ā  It was how it was drawn up (Guessing Here), the defense did what they were supposed to do against the Tigers Offense.

Ā 

Young O-Line playing against a stacked box learned hard lessons about getting a push and sealing their blocks.Ā  Tyler/Thomas did a fantastic job creating what yardage they gained. As for the lack of diversity in the offense, my only opinion is that the backbone of this offense will be the run (36 Carries by RBs), and Coach Smith wants it done right.Ā Ā  Plenty of chances to throw the ball but I wasn't convinced ofĀ Coach Smith'sĀ confidence in O-Line to have Jones set himself and make a throw based on timing or downfield routes.Ā  (Coach Smith did make some subs on O-Line which generated much better results, but they cant play both ways all night.Ā Just cant do it. Ā Could just be me, Im sure someone on here will tell me I am an idiot.Ā 

Defense was just plain outmatched.Ā  PNG's 5 O-Line on Silsbee's 3 D-Lineman had tremendous blocking into the second level LB's.Ā  No blitzing from Silsbee, soft coverage (only 6 in the box) and a lack of key defensive players did not help.Ā  Still have to tackle.Ā  Lots of growing pains here but contrary to the "experts", none of this was a secret.Ā 

No excuses but that's my insight on what I saw last night.Ā  I wanted to see a stabilized defense from Silsbee, left me wanting,

I have no issues with the offense.Ā  I like it.Ā  The better it gets, the more rest the defense will get and hopefully that will allow them to play better.Ā  I believe inĀ  my gut that this is the plan and that this plan takes faith, patience, execution and then results.Ā  In that order.

On to Newton.Ā 

Wow read my post I just made. We basically said the same thing at the same time lol I agree with you 100%

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Accidental Quote Selection

Hardly anybody is mentioning the facts.Ā  Silsbee threw the ball..... 6 Times.Ā  4-6 with two pass interferences.Ā Ā 

Defense was real good from PNG but onlyĀ two things keep the QB from throwing the ball when there are 8 in the box all night.

jmo

6 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

im not scared to post what i think,no one is right about every thing,if im wrong,i will admit it,thats what this board is for,fun and to get opinions from people to see what they think,so i have spoken doesnt make me right every thing i say,lol,theres some really smart people on here,and know there stuff

Whatever.... Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  6 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

Ā 

Ā 

Takes me twice as long to read your posts.Ā  Kill the commas, please.

8 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

5 TOTAL TDS IN HIS FIRST GAME!!!!! The drive was worth it! DAMN IT WAS WORTH IT

COngrats to Roschon and you guys in his family.. He had a stellar game. Amazing thinking he is only starting his first varsity game as a sophmore. He has a very high ceiling.

I'm curious about this "out of this world, hard hitting, speedy" defense that PNG has. All would agree that Silsbee line was soft tonight, but somehow a soft teamĀ was able to gash this defense for over 200 rushingĀ yards as a team... So what happens when a team with an average or above average line, and a more balanced pass/run offense, comes to town?

5 hours ago, jeter said:

I think Silsbee has a lot to be excited about. They will win a lot of games this season. They just don't tend to win against PNG (something we understand with Nederland and WO-S). Even in 2012, when PNG was terrible, we managed to beat a stateĀ quarterfinal Silsbee team. We pulled off a one-point win, from which Silsbee went on to win about six straight and we went on to win only once more. Proud of the Indians for playing tough against a dominant running back. I do find it strange that Silsbee threw the ball so little. The air raid should be the Tigers' bread and butter, given their obvious talent at wide receiver. The run defense from PNG did a good job, but Silsbee certainly made the guessing game easy. I was afraid of this when I learned that Cy Ranch had been such a run-heavy team under this new coach. Silsbee is not a "run over you" team, and I don't think they should be. They are tough, but they also blow you up with finesse and precision, not unlike the Indians. I was not at the game, but I think Silsbee could have thrown the ball a little more, with some success (for a moment, they were moving the ball just by drawing pass interference, which moves the chains just fine). I don't know if PNG's cornerbacks were doing anything special to make passing too difficult, but from what I saw in the scrimmage against West Orange, PNG's CB's are a little undersized, something Silsbee should have been able to exploit, at least for a few more first downs. It will be interesting to see how the season progresses for the Tigers. Go Indians.Ā 

I think the QB and wr's could work on some things, and they will... Ā With Barnes being a great talent, it's hard to just not throw to him all the time... Ā I think if the qb can throw with success to other players and/or look off receivers the passing game will be more potent. Ā 

30 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Coaches scouting the scrimmage against Lumberton put that in play nicely.Ā  All 11 defensive players within ten yards of the ball, all night long, with first read on the run.Ā  Kept the edges sealed for most of the night, and with the lack of push from Silsbee O-Line and even worse blocking by outside receivers left Tyler/Thomas with little room to maneuver.Ā  Though I believe Thomas left an impression, and if he spends less time on defense,Ā you will see more of him in backfield.

The Preston Duo was highly effective with downfield running and great hands, Roshon made some great passes and solid reads. They ALLĀ followed their blockers and ate up big chunks of yardage.Ā  Real hard for the TigerĀ secondary to get off blocks last night.Ā  It was how it was drawn up (Guessing Here), the defense did what they were supposed to do against the Tigers Offense.

Ā 

Defense was just plain outmatched.Ā  PNG's 5 O-Line on Silsbee's 3 D-Lineman had tremendous blocking into the second level LB's.Ā  No blitzing from Silsbee, soft coverage (only 6 in the box) and a lack of key defensive players did not help.Ā 

Still have to tackle.Ā  Lots of growing pains here but contrary to the "experts", none of this was a secret.Ā 

On to Newton.Ā 

Great post!

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think the QB and wr's could work on some things, and they will... Ā With Barnes being a great talent, it's hard to just not throw to him all the time... Ā I think if the qb can throw with success to other players and/or look off receivers the passing game will be more potent. Ā 

Im not sure what was the issue last night.Ā  It almost looked like Jones wasĀ not comfortable with setting his feet to throw.

The only other thing would be that it wasn't in the game plan and I have no answer for that if that is the case.

Just a few quick stats;

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 

TigersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  0Ā Ā  20Ā Ā Ā Ā  0Ā Ā  7Ā Ā  27

IndiansĀ Ā Ā  13Ā  19Ā Ā  15Ā Ā  7Ā Ā  54

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  TigersĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Indians

First DownsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  17Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  25

Run/Pass/PenaltiesĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā  12/2/3Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 15/8/2

Rushing AttemptsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  46Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  35

Rushing YardsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  222Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  261

Rush TDĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  4Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  6

Passing YardsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  36Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  199

Com/Att/INTĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  4/6/0Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  14/18/1

Passing TDĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  0Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 2

PenaltiesĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  5-50Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 6-67

PuntsĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 3-48Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 1-46

Third DownĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  4-11Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  1-5

Fourth DownĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  1/4Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  3/3

TOPĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 25:58Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 22:02

Passing-Sil: W. Jones 4-6-36-0-0; PNG: R. Johnson 10-13-155-2-0, A. Bost 4-5-44-0-1

Rushing-Sil. C. Tyler 23-177 2TD, W. Jones 10-23, D. Caldwell 6-17, A. Thomas 5-17, K. Barnes 1-4, Team 1-(-16)

PNG P. Hughes 18-153 2TD, P. Johnson 10-77 3TD, A. Bost 4-24 TD, J. Williams 3-7

Receiving- Sil C. Tyler 1-18, B. Newton 1-13, D. Barns 1-3, A. Sells 1-2 PNG P.Riggs 7-116 TD, K. McZeal 5-49, P. Hughes 2-34 TD