Baytown Sterling at Barbers Hill/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

I'll update more info later. #1 Offense without starting backfield (qb, and both backs).  Defense played no blitz packages or special coverages, just basic (game plan). Secondary needs work though to many blown coverages but I'll watch hudl later and post more later.  Great down field blocking by the Z receiver and two great across middle catches by that kid. One that's needs to be watched this season.   

UPDATE:  Just received information that SR QB Corbett and SR RB Modeste possibly out for season.  Reason from off season problem.  NOT CONFIRMED yet.

57 minutes ago, rangersfan4 said:

I'll update more info later. #1 Offense without starting backfield (qb, and both backs).  Defense played no blitz packages or special coverages, just basic (game plan). Secondary needs work though to many blown coverages but I'll watch hudl later and post more later.  Great down field blocking by the Z receiver and two great across middle catches by that kid. One that's needs to be watched this season.   

UPDATE:  Just received information that SR QB Corbett and SR RB Modeste possibly out for season.  Reason from off season problem.  NOT CONFIRMED yet.

Bad news for a 14/44 team past 6 yrs,But ants pounce on the wounded.And who went after the RSS job=King Ant:)

1 hour ago, rangersfan4 said:

Interesting.

1 hour ago, rangersfan4 said:

No playoffs if they're out IMO. 

If Sterling loses the 2 players as said in previous post the 21-6A playoffs spots look like North Shore,Atascocita,Kingwood and Summer Creek.I had previous said I liked Sterling to compete with Summer Creek for that 4th Playoff spot.By the looks of the scrimmages the rest is having a hard time with SETX 5A teams must less contend for a playoff spot.Since GCM has 3 non district with 5A teams we'll see how assinine my statements are.Wait ! You do have Santa Fe on that schedule.Maybe 1-2.  

5 hours ago, GCMPats said:

PAM has more D1 players on their team RIGHT NOW, than GCM has had in it's entire schools history. So saying we can't play with SETX 5A teams is assinine.

Uhhhh.... With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect, they went 3-7 in a 6A district that closely resembles the one GCM is in now. How well do you honestly think GCM will do considering y'all couldn't make the playoffs in a 5A district last season?

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

Uhhhh.... With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect, they went 3-7 in a 6A district that closely resembles the one GCM is in now. How well do you honestly think GCM will do considering y'all couldn't make the playoffs in a 5A district last 

We will struggle. Always have. We just do not have the numbers necessary  to take the next step right now. 

1 hour ago, GCMPats said:

We will struggle. Always have. We just do not have the numbers necessary  to take the next step right now. 

Fair enough

Wouldve been nice if GCISD could've found a way to shuffle the deck enough to allow all 3 schools to be 5A. Not sure if that was even possible or logical though.

4 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Fair enough

Wouldve been nice if GCISD could've found a way to shuffle the deck enough to allow all 3 schools to be 5A. Not sure if that was even possible or logical though.

What they need to do is have just "one HS", wont happen cause they wanna keep Lee opened amongst other things Gcmpats can speak on, what I think they should do is combine RSS & GCM then make Lee an early college campus only (no sports). The thing about that is im not sure the UIL would allow those kids that attend that campus (Lee) to play sports at the new school if done, and would probably be a money issue as well. But it keeps Lee open and you have one big school on the other side of town. 

7 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Fair enough

Very possible and very logical. GCM was bumped to 6A based on students at our Impact Early College High School that are not even on our campus.

REL is way below the 5A cutoff. They could have easily been re-zoned to add some RSS kids and effectively make us all 5A.

They could have built 2 freshman campuses and kept just REL and RSS.

They could have combined REL and RSS and had 1 school the size of North Shore or Deer Park. 

We could designate a "football" campus similiar to what we do with swimming and water polo. If you want to swim or play water polo you have to go to RSS.

It could be fixed. I doubt that it will.

8 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

I did not know that Impact "impacted" our numbers. That's ridiculous and shouldn't happen. Is this a UIL thing or is it a GCCISD thing. 

Those students are considered "dual enrollment" by the Texas Education Agency. They are enrolled at the campus they are zoned in and can participate in athletics and extra curricular activities at their "home" campus.  They are also considered as enrolled at Lee College. 

The TEA sets all the requirements and we have to adhere to their standards to maintain the charter. Therefore, their attendance for UIL purposes counts against their "home" campus since in theory those students "could" participte.

Most districts in Texas now have Early College High Schools. Originally,  ours was housed at Lee College. As part of our last bond, we built a seperate campus close to Lee College. It currently has about 600 students. I know of a few instances where students from Impact have participated in athletics. 

watched film and as i said Sterling was without their starting backfield (qb and both backs) and I learned three oline starters were benched for missing a practice unexcused.  Now a break down

1st quarter "1st string"

sterling 6 plays and fumbled after moving the ball to BH 38

BH 12 plays and scored

6 plays sterling scored

8 plays BH scored

2d quarter "second string"

11 plays BH scored

6 plays Sterling punt

3 plays Sterling Defensive score  ( big hit not bad pitch)

5 plays BH

half

1st teams ""

11 plays turn over on downs BH

7 plays drove to goal line  One ref called TD one didnt ..good def stand by the hill either way

11 plays BH score

4th "all play"

3 plays punt sterling

11 plays score BH

3 plays sterling punt

2 plays -end PRACTICE GAME

now what i saw sterling needs work on secodary. BH has a real good passing game. Liked what i saw with that but defense needs to work on run.  It was a great Practice for both teams and no one wins a scrimmage.  They just learn points that the coaches need to see and players need work.  I really hope this FUN practice between our local boys continue till BH moves up to 6a and we can become a blue on blue rivalry in the future.  Good luck to both teams.... excuse any typos  lol

still waiting on official confirmation on the QB and RB playing status. UIL rules and school rules have to be looked at before finalized.