****Kirbyville @ Newton****

GATA!

55 minutes ago, EAGLE1984 said:

One thing about Newton is we seem to always get an extended football season

Here we go.... I've told you over and over.  Somebody is going to win the NCAA Division II Championship and they'll claim to be "national champs."  It's okay, but we all know about Division I.  Newton's JV, errrrr 2A title runs are great, but it's just so hard for Eagle fan to realize that they can't compete with the big boys.  Come playoff time, the rest of SETX will start playing tough competition from schools of their same size, and Newton will dust off a handful of small schools I've never heard of in the loser's bracket... Then crow about it.  Newton fan is like that guy that believes the dirt track car out behind his barn makes him on the same level as Dale Earnhardt, Jr.  and the rest of Nascar.  

How does it feel to know that you can't even seem to beat middle of the road bigger schools like Orangefield and Bridge City anymore? 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here we go.... I've told you over and over.  Somebody is going to win the NCAA Division II Championship and they'll claim to be "national champs."  It's okay, but we all know about Division I.  Newton's JV, errrrr 2A title runs are great, but it's just so hard for Eagle fan to realize that they can't compete with the big boys.  Come playoff time, the rest of SETX will start playing tough competition from schools of their same size, and Newton will dust off a handful of small schools I've never heard of in the loser's bracket... Then crow about it.  Newton fan is like that guy that believes the dirt track car out behind his barn makes him on the same level as Dale Earnhardt, Jr.  and the rest of Nascar.  

How does it feel to know that you can't even seem to beat middle of the road bigger schools like Orangefield and Bridge City anymore? 

How does it feel to not have state championship monuments in front of your football field since 1966?

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bad. But not as bad as living in a town in the middle of nowhere right after the only restaurant in town burns down. 

Don't know anything about that,   Win a few playoff games and you will run across some schools you never heard of.  We don't pick them we just play them, win or lose

Kirbyville will come to play, and Newton will not overlook us. Those are facts. One team is almost always going to be favored and this year I think we all agree that it's Newton. Now, ask anybody from Kirbyville, OR anyone from Newton, how much stock they put in predictions. Let's just play some football.

2 minutes ago, EAGLE1984 said:

I try to avoid going to town, don't like the traffic or the one traffic light.

I promise, I'm not lying.  I was on the square in downtown Newton one afternoon about five years ago when the fire whistle went off.  Normally you'd expect to see the VFD guys come screaming through town their personal vehicles towards the fire station so they can jump in the firetruck and go save somebody's slab and possibly their chimney.  There's this big commotion down the street, and this guy is coming down the street in a wagon with car tires and bucket seats being pulled by two horses, and he is giving those horses HELL on the way to the fire station.  I was just shaking my head... i couldn't believe what my eyes had just seen.  Only in Newton.  

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I promise, I'm not lying.  I was on the square in downtown Newton one afternoon about five years ago when the fire whistle went off.  Normally you'd expect to see the VFD guys come screaming through town their personal vehicles towards the fire station so they can jump in the firetruck and go save somebody's slab and possibly their chimney.  There's this big commotion down the street, and this guy is coming down the street in a wagon with car tires and bucket seats being pulled by two horses, and he is giving those horses HELL on the way to the fire station.  I was just shaking my head... i couldn't believe what my eyes had just seen.  Only in Newton.  

Up until then we were a one horse town lmbo.

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

hold up, last year you said it was a backhoe, now it is a wagon?

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

How does it feel to know that you can't even seem to beat middle of the road bigger schools like Orangefield and Bridge 

How many years since BC won a Championship?  What I thought.