Target sales tumble

stevenash

19 hours ago, new tobie said:

Ive seen the cars and people and my nephew is assistant manager there. I guess southeast tx folks just don't care about bathroom issues.

Maybe, maybe not. But how do you know without this incident, it wouldn't be "super packed" ?

Maybe the Bmt store still operating in the black, but would be at a higher percentage if not for the bathroom issue.

I'm also among the SETx that no will longer shop there, (I also know several others) even if they do change course.....you can't unspeak your words. I know where they stand, nothing will reverse my stance on boycotting that store.

1 hour ago, CraigS said:

Maybe, maybe not. But how do you know without this incident, it wouldn't be "super packed" ?

Maybe the Bmt store still operating in the black, but would be at a higher percentage if not for the bathroom issue.

I'm also among the SETx that no will longer shop there, (I also know several others) even if they do change course.....you can't unspeak your words. I know where they stand, nothing will reverse my stance on boycotting that store.

I will continue shopping there, bathroom issues are not my problem. 

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I will continue shopping there, bathroom issues are not my problem. 

And I'm sure many others will. But look at the numbers pertaining to the original post.

If say, 1000 people averaged shopping at Target daily prior to their announcement on this issue and they were making $100 per shopper, $100,000 per day and we'll say $25,000 (25%) of that was "profit"!

After announcement only 100 (10%) quit shopping there, that's $10,000 per day in lost "profits", reducing their daily "profits" by 40% to only $15,000 per day......so unless they pickup 100 shoppers per day BECAUSE of their stance........it is hurting their bottom line....and investors do not like that. When investor do not like that, they start dumping stock, further hurting the existence of Target....free enterprise is a funny thing....

2 hours ago, CraigS said:

And I'm sure many others will. But look at the numbers pertaining to the original post.

If say, 1000 people averaged shopping at Target daily prior to their announcement on this issue and they were making $100 per shopper, $100,000 per day and we'll say $25,000 (25%) of that was "profit"!

After announcement only 100 (10%) quit shopping there, that's $10,000 per day in lost "profits", reducing their daily "profits" by 40% to only $15,000 per day......so unless they pickup 100 shoppers per day BECAUSE of their stance........it is hurting their bottom line....and investors do not like that. When investor do not like that, they start dumping stock, further hurting the existence of Target....free enterprise is a funny thing....

I don't care for the whole transgender issue. But it won't stop me from shopping anywhere

39 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Careful there, UTfanatic.  He is going to accuse you of getting your ideas from Hannity and Rush.

If have not listened to Rush since Gulf War 1. 

Only occansionly get to listen to Hannity.

My wife controls the remote, and I get watch CNN.

lol

A friend of mine just got back from a business trip to Dallas.  On the floor where the meetings were held, the ladies bathrooms were out of order, so they made the men's unisex.  He's at a urinal, and a women walks in heading to a stall.  He found it very disconcerting.  At first, I just smh, then I got to thinking, what if - she walks in and says, Give ma all your money, or I scream rape.  What if - a nice lady walks in and a pervert is at the urinal waiting, and he turns and exposes himself to her.  To far fetched?   I stopped ar a rest area outside of El Paso about 20 years ago, and the divider on the stall next to the urinal had a hole cut in it, about waist high.  I won't explain why.  If you don't know, you've lived a sheltered life.  

Surely y'all have seen little adjustable mirrors on a foot long handle.  Unisex bathroom with 3 stalls.  Pervert sets in middle stall with his mirror.  Not going to happen you say?   Goggle all the hidden cameras found in women's change or public bathrooms.  This unisex bathroom deal - pervert heaven..

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

Some on my job tried to listen to those am radio stations that play hannity,rush and michael berry. Our plant manager had to stop this practice because of their racist language. No rap music either!

Somebody complained to mgt over the content!

over the new workforce rules, mgt must respond!

2 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Some on my job tried to listen to those am radio stations that play hannity,rush and michael berry. Our plant manager had to stop this practice because of their racist language. No rap music either!

I bet he didn't prohibit Hannity and Rush because of racist language. But if he did, somebody needs to explain to him the definition of racism.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:37 AM, REBgp said:

A friend of mine just got back from a business trip to Dallas.  On the floor where the meetings were held, the ladies bathrooms were out of order, so they made the men's unisex.  He's at a urinal, and a women walks in heading to a stall.  He found it very disconcerting.  At first, I just smh, then I got to thinking, what if - she walks in and says, Give ma all your money, or I scream rape.  What if - a nice lady walks in and a pervert is at the urinal waiting, and he turns and exposes himself to her.  To far fetched?   I stopped ar a rest area outside of El Paso about 20 years ago, and the divider on the stall next to the urinal had a hole cut in it, about waist high.  I won't explain why.  If you don't know, you've lived a sheltered life.  

Surely y'all have seen little adjustable mirrors on a foot long handle.  Unisex bathroom with 3 stalls.  Pervert sets in middle stall with his mirror.  Not going to happen you say?   Goggle all the hidden cameras found in women's change or public bathrooms.  This unisex bathroom deal - pervert heaven..

Preach on.

People don't want to prevent problems nowadays they want to create them.