PN-G Indians

prepballfan

13 hours ago, biaplayer said:

no Nederland just hangs there hat and toots their horn on 6 in a row and making the playoffs every year, just eludes them that they have only seen the big show once way back when.  We have had our chances to beat them within the last 6 years but have managed to blow it lol. last years game was a decent one, last minute deep pass and a fg was the difference. I expect our games to always be close very rarely is it a blow out. Doesn't matter if it is in our house or theirs always a good game. the one that was the nail biter for me was a couple of years back at their house we had them down 4th and five  with 3 minutes left about to get ball on their side of field and a defensive end jumps offsides giving them the first down. I know they are highschool kids, but that may have been the most boneheaded play I have ever seen, smh. Even though that ended up giving them the go ahead drive we still managed to get inside the 10 and the 20 on consecutive drives and not score, mind you on those two drives had they kicked the field goals it would have put us ahead. This game was a you got to be kidding me kind of game. Realistically, this isn't our year but prob not yalls year either. Don't know about you making the playoffs is one thing, but getting past the second or third round is another. I'm not worried about whether we beat Nederland or not, I would rather see someone from our district make a hell of a run and get our area a lil recognition instead of being considered a cupcake district. I really wish we had WOS on our schedule and not just a scrimmage, the atmosphere is always  electric win or lose.

Agree on the whole post minus one thing...... You care if we beat Nederland or not......... Don't play that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That game ruins your week just like me.... Only this year the sting will be short... Week 10..... Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades....... A W is a W and a L is a L....... Thinking we need to make Chumperton our rival.... We always have a fighting chance with them.....

44 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Agree on the whole post minus one thing...... You care if we beat Nederland or not......... Don't play that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That game ruins your week just like me.... Only this year the sting will be short... Week 10..... Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades....... A W is a W and a L is a L....... Thinking we need to make Chumperton our rival.... We always have a fighting chance with them.....

true that if I didn't care I wouldn't sit in the stands and listen to you complain every year about how we don't have a chance lol. You  are right I want to whip everybody, but the truth of the matter is we  are set up to make the offense look good and the defense gets the scraps, we don't have any two way players to help us out, and half our following is still sipping that purple koolaid smh! Our head coach must have bumped his head, could have sworn I heard him on an interview that defense wins championships, wth we haven't had a defense in years, we just get by with offense trying to outscore everyone, you know as well as I do that wont cut it in the playoffs, and for some reason we just cant win the close games, and I will leave it at that!  I wish I could say our defense is outstanding but after the mauling Angleton put on us with that runningback well pretty self explanatory for me!

18 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

2011 at Lamar U first game of the season a sophomore named Hopkins caught the game winning two point conversion with just a few mins left in the game. 21-20 dawgs win

Yep. He caught the ball on his butt and by rule should have been down at the one yard line, but he leaned backward into the end zone and ref called the PAT good. Smh. 

Also of note...on WO-S' final drive, they attemped something close to a 60 yard FG. We had a defensive lineman who had proven to boot it deep on kickoffs. He had also made some seriously long FGs in practice, so it was worth a shot. But, it was no good. 

That game was the first for Cornel Thompson as head coach. He has settled into the job nicely since then. default_smile.png

22 minutes ago, griff said:

Yep. He caught the ball on his butt and by rule should have been down at the one yard line, but he leaned backward into the end zone and ref called the PAT good. Smh. 

Also of note...on WO-S' final drive, they attemped something close to a 60 yard FG. We had a defensive lineman who had proven to boot it deep on kickoffs. He had also made some seriously long FGs in practice, so it was worth a shot. But, it was no good. 

That game was the first for Cornel Thompson as head coach. He has settled into the job nicely since then. default_smile.png

He crossed the end zone, but also WOS was winning 20-7 with about 10 mins left in the game, and Nederland came back to win 21-20. Raines picked apart the defensive back field and had a beast of a WR named Kimler I am sure y'all remember him. 

I remember the kick it was like a 62 FG then roughing the kicker he tried like a 46 and missed again.

lindsey the RB for WOS was killing Nederland that day

Thats when WOS was complaining about we should have hired foreman after the game and such and my oh my have the tides have turned. Now they love Cornell 

2 hours ago, PNG2720 said:

The problem is we have no speed in defense. A few kids can knock your lights out,but you can't get to them if you can't catch him. Only one kid on defense with speed is Vaughn. 

Correct... Zero team speed.. Average height is 5'6....  I might end up liking you 2720... I love a truth teller........ 2 headhunters..... a few decent tacklers.. Overall zero team speed... zero size... Hopefully D line steps up if not look for the opposing teams to pound it.....

16 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

He crossed the end zone, but also WOS was winning 20-7 with about 10 mins left in the game, and Nederland came back to win 21-20. Raines picked apart the defensive back field and had a beast of a WR named Kimler I am sure y'all remember him. 

I remember the kick it was like a 62 FG then roughing the kicker he tried like a 46 and missed again.

lindsey the RB for WOS was killing Nederland that day

Thats when WOS was complaining about we should have hired foreman after the game and such and my oh my have the tides have turned. Now they love Cornell 

When your elbow, knee, butt, or the ball itself touches the ground, you are down by rule. He did not cross the end zone before being down. He flopped into it and the ref was incompetent to make the correct call. 

Yeah...we actually felt confident he would make it from 46, but he didn't connect well enough on the kick. 

Lindsey had a good game, but that was definitely not one of our best offensive teams. The progression of the season proved that. It was an up and down struggle at QB more than anything else. 

About the coaching situation...there were some who wanted Foreman to be named HC before Thompson got the job, but they were in the minority of numbers. The majority of people who post here and the majority of those in the WO-S district wanted Cornel to get the job from day one. Losing this game to Nederland did not change our opinion one bit. You have to understand that Cornel has a long and deep-rooted history in Orange. He has thousands of friends, former players, and people in the community who adore him and hold him in high respect for who he is as a PERSON, as well as a coach. The same appreciation is held for his wife, too. So, to your point, there was no outcry of the masses about him being coach. Only a loud small number of people.  

26 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Correct... Zero team speed.. Average height is 5'6....  I might end up liking you 2720... I love a truth teller........ 2 headhunters..... a few decent tacklers.. Overall zero team speed... zero size... Hopefully D line steps up if not look for the opposing teams to pound it.....

It cant possibly be that bad over there, or can it? 

4 minutes ago, griff said:

When your elbow, knee, butt, or the ball itself touches the ground, you are down by rule. He did not cross the end zone before being down. He flopped into it and the ref was incompetent to make the correct call. 

Yeah...we actually felt confident he would make it from 46, but he didn't connect well enough on the kick. 

Lindsey had a good game, but that was definitely not one of our best offensive teams. The progression of the season proved that. It was an up and down struggle at QB more than anything else. 

About the coaching situation...there were some who wanted Foreman to be named HC before Thompson got the job, but they were in the minority of numbers. The majority of people who post here and the majority of those in the WO-S district wanted Cornel to get the job from day one. Losing this game to Nederland did not change our opinion one bit. You have to understand that Cornel has a long and deep-rooted history in Orange. He has thousands of friends, former players, and people in the community who adore him and hold him in high respect for who he is as a PERSON, as well as a coach. The same appreciation is held for his wife, too. So, to your point, there was no outcry of the masses about him being coach. Only a loud small number of people.  

I am going to let you believe what you want with the catch on the 2 point conversion. Everyone has their take on it. Just like the lateral pass. But the ref called it good with no hesitation and that's what it still is today, 2 point conversion good.

10 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I am going to let you believe what you want with the catch on the 2 point conversion. Everyone has their take on it. Just like the lateral pass. But the ref called it good with no hesitation and that's what it still is today, 2 point conversion good.

I'm glad you're giving me permission to believe what I saw and to understand the rule of the game. I feel much better. 

On the lateral pass...Neumann told the refs before the game that they were going to run that play and to be watching for it. They did...and they got that one right. It was close...just like the miracle in Nashville where the Tennessee Titans used the lateral against the Buffalo Bills. But it was a legit lateral. Even if they gave you an incomplete pass call, Nederland was not going to score again in that game by the way WO-S' defense was playing. 

2 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

Sad to say it but yes he is right. All the speed is in offense 

Yes, of the 4 starting DB's, Vaughn is the only one with real speed. They have a couple of faster back-up DB's that rotate in, but they don't start. ???

But as a whole, the DB's are not fast.

2 minutes ago, griff said:

I'm glad you're giving me permission to believe what I saw and to understand the rule of the game. I feel much better. 

On the lateral pass...Neumann told the refs before the game that they were going to run that play and to be watching for it. They did...and they got that one right. It was close...just like the miracle in Nashville where the Tennessee Titans used the lateral against the Buffalo Bills. But it was a legit lateral. Even if they gave you an incomplete pass call, Nederland was not going to score again in that game by the way WO-S' defense was playing. 

Would you like some cheese? Or are you just that salty about it lol ;)