Big 12

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't disagree with the last paragraph.  He doesn't figure out something on defense, that may be exactly where Herman is next year.  I know that's what he was banking on when he turned down an SEC job last year. 

If Houston somehow makes the playoff or somehow wins the whole thing altogether AND moves to the Big12 next do you think he'll leave Houston? 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If Houston somehow makes the playoff or somehow wins the whole thing altogether AND moves to the Big12 next do you think he'll leave Houston? 

I was told by someone I trust (U of H guy who remains active with program) that Texas was his "dream job."  Whether your scenario changes things, I don't know.  It certainly could. 

However, U of H never has been a "destination job" nor will it ever have Texas' resources.  So I would think it better than even money he would leave.  But wouldn't shock me if he didn't. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was told by someone I trust (U of H guy who remains active with program) that Texas was his "dream job."  Whether your scenario changes things, I don't know.  It certainly could. 

However, U of H never has been a "destination job" nor will it ever have Texas' resources.  So I would think it better than even money he would leave.  But wouldn't shock me if he didn't. 

If he does leave whoever replaces him will have a stockpile of talent, amazing what Herman has done there in a short amount of time. 

56 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I have been trying to tell ya'll that for years.......

Joe Schad over here.  

Everyone has known it's not if but when.  The only question is which conference Texas leads OU to.  My money is on the Big 10, unless it happens when the 4 power conferences become a reality.  Then it's whether Notre Dame decides to move to the Big 10 and Texas wants to join them or go to a conference that will take both them and the Sooners.  Not sure the Domers would stick to the ACC for all sports.  

21 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Horned Toads to vote NO on expansion.

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like Coach Sumlin has his own expansion going!

They must like being a G5 school... You'd think they would want to do whatever takes to keep the conference together.

57 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Good luck making a schedule 

We could survive as an D1 independent.  It would be disastrous for the other sports though.  If the mormans and the catholics can do it, so can we.  I think the B12 should just implode after the GOR expires and we'll probably get picked up by the B1G with OU.  That will make corn aggy heads explode all over the Midwest.

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

We could survive as an D1 independent.  It would be disastrous for the other sports though.  If the mormans and the catholics can do it, so can we.  I think the B12 should just implode after the GOR expires and we'll probably get picked up by the B1G with OU.  That will make corn aggy heads explode all over the Midwest.

Sounds good to me.  Go for it!

Solid Big 12-2 schedule this week

When you have 5 of 10 teams at or below .500. These are the matchups you get

11am ESPNU TCU (3-2) @ Kansas (1-3) - Expected crowd of over 1,000.
11am FS1 Sips (2-2) v #20 OU (2-2)
2:30pm ESPNU Iowa State (1-4) @ Okie Lite (3-2)
6pm ESPNU Tech (3-1) vs KState (2-2)

BYE: #13 Baylor (5-0), #22 West Virginia (4-0)

Your two best teams have a Bye this week.

And it looks like regional coverage for those playing.

• 2 weeks later...