Big 12

4 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Dang...Tillman opening up the checkbook huh??

Can you imagine if they were to make the playoffs this year then move on to the Big12, insane. Herman may have hit the jackpot but I still think ut would pay him more if chuckster chokes off the season, as crazy as that may sound right now. 

6 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I got an eerie suspicion that if they make the playoff, he stays for the long haul.  Then we'll be stuck playing him in conference every year AND recruiting against him.  That ain't gonna be fun for nobody except him!

True, But I will say this, Depending on how this season goes, It won't be as bad as you think. If Texas has a very good season and Ppl see Texas is back at the top, Big time players will flock back here..Most kids in Texas (70%) grew up wanting to play for Texas, +a coach that every mother wants there son to play for in Charlie Strong , Texas will still get the better players throughout the state. Like when Mack was the HC, but instead of just getting the best Charlie also goes after ppl that fits and has major upside..

I really think UofH will be like TCU, when it first got in the Big12..Coming off a big season and playing in a major bowl game with a coach that's been at a school in a major city (ft.worth) and has good teams year in and year out, always playing in a major bowl game since joining the big 12 and getting good quality kids that fit his system,...

i do think tho

Texas will be hard for outta state schools, (UT,A&M,UofH,TCU,Bay) which will hurt teams with rosters made mostly of Texas kids(OU,Okst) 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

But aggy has always sucked so...

I remember when all the good defensive players wanted to go to Aggy, in the 90s, now Aggy D been bad for years and ut been down since Colt and they go outta state now only for some to get disappointed and transfer. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, D3zii said:

If the Big 12 doesn't make some good moves, I see a downward spiral

and possibiliy schools looking elsewhere..

once Texas and OU opt out its over

wouldnt mine Texas going Independent or OU in big 10 

Texas could make it Indy in football. 

The other sports need conf affiliation. 

But I am no pundit, just a fanatic!

Hookem

22 hours ago, D3zii said:

If the Big 12 doesn't make some good moves, I see a downward spiral

and possibiliy schools looking elsewhere..

once Texas and OU opt out its over

wouldnt mine Texas going Independent or OU in big 10 

Just hope Texas doesn't go Pac 12 or you will see a lot more games that end at 2am like the one last night.  

1 minute ago, PhatMack19 said:

Just posting facts.  This forum is way more fun when ya'll think you are good.  It seems ya'll have went back into hiding for some reason. 

the delusion never stops...

seen most everyone post who always does.   The obsession is real with you though so I guess you see what you want to see.  All I know is we are about where we thought we would be (2-1) and should be more competitive than the last 2 years.  We shall see.  What we know is you Gomers do never learn and that dip on the roller coaster will get you like it always does.  As well as when we get errbody again in February.  

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

the delusion never stops...

seen most everyone post who always does.   The obsession is real with you though so I guess you see what you want to see.  All I know is we are about where we thought we would be (2-1) and should be more competitive than the last 2 years.  We shall see.  What we know is you Gomers do never learn and that dip on the roller coaster will get you like it always does.  As well as when we get errbody again in February.  

Your coach blamed the Cal loss on wearing sweat pants on the plane.  Let that one sink in. 

He's in way over his head.  Your best bet is to tank the season, go get Herman, and dominate the country for the next decade.   

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Your coach blamed the Cal loss on wearing sweat pants on the plane.  Let that one sink in. 

He's in way over his head.  Your best bet is to tank the season, go get Herman, and dominate the country for the next decade.   

I don't disagree with the last paragraph.  He doesn't figure out something on defense, that may be exactly where Herman is next year.  I know that's what he was banking on when he turned down an SEC job last year.