WO-S 79 Silsbee 74 Final/Playoffs

KFDM COOP

Guest bleed orange

Rough- Housing has been going on all season long. There is no sense in complaining about it. Actually it has been a trend for a while. The NBA is the root of all evil.

Rough- Housing has been going on all season long. There is no sense in complaining about it. Actually it has been a trend for a while. The NBA is the root of all evil.

Tell that to Janae who is at the ER possibly having her eyeball stitched.  Were you at the game?  If you weren't, then you couldn't possibly have a clue as to what went on.  And, the "rough-housing" was actually an extremely polite (almost facetious) way of attempting to describe the game.  There were two flagrants that were called in the last couple of minutes and probably a few more that could have been called.  And, obviously I feel that there is sense in complaining about it because I posted my complaint!!! ;)

As a matter of fact, I am a "Silsbee poster"  and what I have to say is, Silsbee had a good night, but WOS had a better one, and that is that.  Congratulations Lady Mustangs and good luck.    As for the Lady Tigers, it was a wonderful treat getting to watch you play this year.  I have really missed basketball since my daughter finished her career, and I feel fortunate that she is now a part of this Silsbee Lady Tiger program.  For the seniors, best of luck in your future endeavors.  Ang and Chelsye, I look forward to seeing you again next year.  GO LADY TIGERS!!!!!!

I can already hear it from the Silsbee posters that the only reason WO-S won is because the Tigers had a bad night. Now WO-S is 1-3 against Silsbee this year. Good game Lady Mustangs and Lady Tigers. B. Scott w/ 49 and J. Henderson w/ 18.

The Law of Averages caught up with Silsbee. Also, a girl by the name of Brittney Scott. Sure, the rest of the team contributes. She can't set up her shots all by herself! ;D  Seriously, though, I have always been impressed with Janae, but Rebecca has really picked it up this year. And Kia is always good for a 3-bomb or two (or three, or four...). Just a really talented team. I think the playoffs have shown just how strong 21-3A is. Keep it up!

Edited for really poor grammer! That will teach me to proof-read. :-[

If you weren't at the game, then you don't have a clue just how physical this game got.  There is a huge difference between being aggressive and the "rough-housing" that went on last night.  We all know that basketball has become too physical, but last night was a bit much.  They need to go back to like it was back in the day when contact was considered a foul. 

Guest bleed orange

Believe me I know it does. I have been saying that for years. But you know as well as I do that it will never happen. I hate to say this but its going to take someone getting hurt in order for someone to open their eye's. I pray it does not come to that. The sad thing is by letting them play so rough they forget how to play true defense.

The game is really turning into a rough game at all levels. But beig the son of a 16 year referee that is where the games level of play is set. The refs let both teams play really rough early on and that is never good. One ref even let a Silsbee girl after what she percieved a bad call throw the ball at him. It just so happened it missed his head,but he just glared at her and walked away. The refs totally let the game get out of hand early on,and then tried to gather control late in the contest.By that time Janae had already been socked in the eye,and Silsbee's  fouls were getting harder,and harder. Im not saying it was necessarily dirty play,but an intentional foul at the end of a game can be as little as a Grab,but there were several trips,and shoulders being thrown toward the end of the game.I AM TOTALLY BLAMING THE REFS FOR LETTING THE PHYSICAL PLAY GET OUT OF HAND. See you guys in Huntsville!!!!!!

I was at this game and first of all my hat is off to a very good Mustang team. I feel they will represent the district very well. This game did get very physical and it wasn't just one team. It got that way because the refs allowed the play to escalate unimpeded. But the intentional fouls called were actually an attempt by the officials to make up for a bunch of missed calls at important junctures of the game. (When "3" officials miss a simple thing as not allowing a player on the court to shoot free throws for an injured player in a game of this magnitude) what else needs to be said. By the way,they were from the Austin chapter so I guess the problem IS everywhere. The fact is B. Scott shot the lights out, and B. Fowler couldn't throw it in the ocean last night. 49 out of 79 pts means she is the reason WOS won that game and most of those she got on her own. Basketball has evolved into what it is because of the evolution of athletes and the fans' thirst for more action. 

I was at this game and first of all my hat is off to a very good Mustang team. I feel they will represent the district very well. This game did get very physical and it wasn't just one team. It got that way because the refs allowed the play to escalate unimpeded. But the intentional fouls called were actually an attempt by the officials to make up for a bunch of missed calls at important junctures of the game. (When "3" officials miss a simple thing as not allowing a player on the court to shoot free throws for an injured player in a game of this magnitude) what else needs to be said. By the way,they were from the Austin chapter so I guess the problem IS everywhere. The fact is B. Scott shot the lights out, and B. Fowler couldn't throw it in the ocean last night. 49 out of 79 pts means she is the reason WOS won that game and most of those she got on her own. Basketball has evolved into what it is because of the evolution of athletes and the fans' thirst for more action.   

Great Post!!

Guest bleed orange

Stang4life, I did not have to go to the game. I have been to way more girls basketball game than you. So yes I do know the officials let the games get to rough. The officials are human like me and you. Here is a growing problem. You can blame the officials all you want but someday there will not be anymore officials. Look at the trend. Do you see any young people getting into the trade? NO!!!! Its not just in basketball but football also. The chapters are begging for people. I don't know a solution and I don't know if there is one. But I will say this, Thing are not going to get better, society has dictated that. Me and you will not have to worry  about this as much but our kids will. I only say this because I was once an official.

It doesn't matter how many games either of us have been to...Tuesday night got out of hand.  The blame should be on the officials for ALLOWING a game to get out of control, regardless if they will be obsolete in years to come.  We won the game, so I am not blaming the refs for the outcome.  However, they do shoulder some of the blame in certain instances when players get hurt for not doing their job...controlling the game to the best of their abilities to ensure our players' safety.

It doesn't matter how many games either of us have been to...Tuesday night got out of hand.  The blame should be on the officials for ALLOWING a game to get out of control, regardless if they will be obsolete in years to come.  We won the game, so I am not blaming the refs for the outcome.  However, they do shoulder some of the blame in certain instances when players get hurt for not doing their job...controlling the game to the best of their abilities to ensure our players' safety.

See, stang4life wasn't even at the game. The game was Wednsday night. ;D

Guest bleed orange

I am not disagreeing with you. I know the games are getting out of control. There has been several this year. I just don't know if there is an solution. The last game of the season we played HJ. It was a free for all. It was almost like the refs were saying, " last game of the year, lets get this over with". Kids were wanting to fight out there. I hate to see what the game will be like for our grandchildren someday. Oh by the way I hope that is a ways down the road.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86