What a district!

In the big three sports, our little SETX district (24-4A/9-4A) has had a team in the championship game in 4 out of 5 championships this year and last, with one championship.  Pretty amazing.  Now let's make it 5 out of 6.  (Special thanks to the Mustangs for making it in 3 out of 5).  

I wonder at times if we don't all lose some perspective on how competitive our area and particularly our Region is.  We beat each other up on this board (mostly in fun) but we should be thankful for the players, coaches and parents that put so much time and $$ into creating a good competetive environment.  It is frustrating to see a team like Levelland who frankly was not very good getting an opportunity to have a State Tourney experience when if they played in districts in our area they might not make the playoffs. There's no real solution and every Region will have down years from time to time  but maybe it's time to take a minute and appreciate what we have and that is quality HS sports competition that everyone should be proud of.  

19 minutes ago, swamp123 said:

I wonder at times if we don't all lose some perspective on how competitive our area and particularly our Region is.  We beat each other up on this board (mostly in fun) but we should be thankful for the players, coaches and parents that put so much time and $$ into creating a good competetive environment.  It is frustrating to see a team like Levelland who frankly was not very good getting an opportunity to have a State Tourney experience when if they played in districts in our area they might not make the playoffs. There's no real solution and every Region will have down years from time to time  but maybe it's time to take a minute and appreciate what we have and that is quality HS sports competition that everyone should be proud of.  

Region 3 went 0-6 as far as state titles this weekend. We have a tough region, but for some reason that Dallas region is KILLING us.

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Drown in Beaver nuggets my friend. The refs were great for the Silsbee game. Silsbee will be the best team in SETX for the next 4-5 years.

I never said anything about Silsbee not being the best team in SETX for the next 4-5 years.

I guess the colors of this board should not be royal blue/red, rather maroon and white.

Not into beaver nuggets, but love beaver jerky.