Central vs Nederland

• Bobcat1 locked and unlocked this topic

Speaking of an unpopular statement, "This is a Come on Man Moment"... "Let's keep it real" ok we all know the game is played on the court and everything is possible in district play. Taking nothing away from the efforts performed....Central,Ozen and Nederland will play each other like it's a playoff game with a playoff atmosphere.Nederland has renewed confidence after playing Ozen to a 5 point decision. If Central controls the tempo it will not be a 5 point game and thats not sugar coating it.... jmo 

10 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Speaking of an unpopular statement, "This is a Come on Man Moment"... "Let's keep it real" ok we all know the game is played on the court and everything is possible in district play. Taking nothing away from the efforts performed....Central,Ozen and Nederland will play each other like it's a playoff game with a playoff atmosphere.Nederland has renewed confidence after playing Ozen to a 5 point decision. If Central controls the tempo it will not be a 5 point game and thats not sugar coating it.... jmo 

Agreed, if Ned wants a chance we have to control the tempo! If we do, it could be close, if we don't it will be ugly

7 hours ago, The Unknown said:

Dick Vitale you are and always will be a hater just like ya boy OF, and BM....... Central will be just fine and they are pretty good all of you Ozen lovers stay there..... That's how u BMT people are yall are so quick to hate on other people just sad but we can't just be happy for BMT no matter what team it is..........

You sound hurt man lol...this is a sports forum in which I have said positive things about Central. However I call it how I see it and I've been saying for a few years now that Central isn't as good as the jag faithful has made them out to be and it has been proven over and over. If thats hate then I'll be a hater I've been called worse than that. But no need to antagonize you cause I see my frat brother DV has taken care of that for me LMAO

PS. Good luck fighting for 2nd place with Ned. And oh yeah Central will always be the lil brothers of Ozen.

On January 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Honest Abe said:

There was a topic about this a few weeks back. When asked if Ned has a chance at beating Central or Ozen, the answers were short and quick...NOPE!

Ozensfinest and AAW were the two who I recall answering quickly.  Knowing better, I took a screen shot of the remarks.

Abe I know it may be hard for you Ned fans to face reality but here's some for you...the little run Ned had a few years ago is OVER...You won't be beating Ozen anytime soon and probably not Central either.

12 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Abe I know it may be hard for you Ned fans to face reality but here's some for you...the little run Ned had a few years ago is OVER...You won't be beating Ozen anytime soon and probably not Central either.

Omg, positive support for Central!  

1 hour ago, ozensfinest said:

Oh my good friend/nemesis OZF!  I have truly missed our discussions/debates! ;-)

Just as a quick reminder, someone on this website (I think it was...OZFinest, yes you) who said that NO WAY will Ned beat Ozen in round three of the playoffs. As a reminder, Nederland won that game, and OZF was nowhere to be found afterwards to explain what happened. 

Never the less, love the trash talk. You KNOW it gets me going when you (and BD3) make comments like this. :-)

1 minute ago, Honest Abe said:

Oh my good friend/nemesis OZF!  I have truly missed our discussions/debates! ;-)

Just as a quick reminder, someone on this website (I think it was...OZFinest, yes you) who said that NO WAY will Ned beat Ozen in round three of the playoffs. As a reminder, Nederland won that game, and OZF was nowhere to be found afterwards to explain what happened. 

Never the less, love the trash talk. You KNOW it gets me going when you (and BD3) make comments like this. :-)

Probably one of the few times I've been wrong on this board lol

4 hours ago, JustUs said:

Looking back over the past 4-5 years, Ned controls the tempo of the game 80% of the time when playing Ozen and Central which keeps the dogs in the game. For some reason, opponents score much less against us compared to their season average. So I agree with you. If Central can pick up the tempo, it won't be pretty for my Dawgs. If it were THAT easy to do, then both BMT schools would play an up tempo game every time against Ned. Ned does not want to play Loyola Marymount style basketball (those were some fun games to watch). 

1)  After the Nederland having Ozen down for the count and letting them up Tuesday, it's not like predicting a 6 pt win by Nederland is the most outrageous prediction in the world.  They are playing this one at home and them winning by a few FGs would be less of an upset than them losing to Silsbee Lite earlier this season.  That being said, I expect the Jags to win.  

2) OF still has his alma mater confused with the Port Arthur Lincoln Bumblebees.  Unless you are claiming the Hebert titles.  Then that would make a little more sense...

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

1)  After the Nederland having Ozen down for the count and letting them up Tuesday, it's not like predicting a 6 pt win by Nederland is the most outrageous prediction in the world.  They are playing this one at home and them winning by a few FGs would be less of an upset than them losing to Silsbee Lite earlier this season.  That being said, I expect the Jags to win.  

2) OF still has his alma mater confused with the Port Arthur Lincoln Bumblebees.  Unless you are claiming the Hebert titles.  Then that would make a little more sense...

....but wasn't that Central Fun Size that lost to Silsbee Lite?

I love this thread!! The characters who post on this site still make it worth my time to stop in and read. 

I don't agree with DV a lot but his post about him "making an unpopular prediction and getting hammered with ridicule" is all that happens here. Nederland fans know what that's like on the basketball forum. The worst part is that it is still happening, even though recent history has shown otherwise. I laugh all the time when people from the region count Nederland out with what has been going in their program. Until English is no longer coaching there AND the under-level system is gone, Nederland will compete every year for district and the playoffs. If that disappoints you, rewind the clocks 10 years back to your own "Glory Days"

I'm out now! Enjoy the game of basketball and support the kids playing! Good luck Jags and Dogs! 

Not predicting who wins, but the margin will be single digits