Central vs Nederland

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

....but wasn't that Central Fun Size that lost to Silsbee Lite?

True, but apparently it's going to remain "fun sized" because a couple of teams were poor, little frightened fellas.   Just saying predicting a 6 pt win by Big Ned isn't THAT outlandish.  

Again, if Central takes care of business, they should win.  But as I said before the Ozen- Ned game, the Bulldogs winning any district game they play in doesn't qualify as a shocker anymore.  

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

True, but apparently it's going to remain "fun sized" because a couple of teams were poor, little frightened fellas.   Just saying predicting a 6 pt win by Big Ned isn't THAT outlandish.  

Again, if Central takes care of business, they should win.  But as I said before the Ozen- Ned game, the Bulldogs winning any district game they play in doesn't qualify as a shocker anymore.  

I never said anything....  Except that Ozen appeared at first that they'd run away with it.  Central has similar personnel to Ozen with more consistant 3 point shooters.  Gonna be hard for Nederland to Zone and keep up with Atwood and Pearson at the same time...  Also, in the Ozen-Nederland game, Ozen didn't have anyone to check Minguez.  Central has like 3 or 4 players with height, length, and athleticism that can check him...

55 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Its all a *spin* to take you away from their weaknesses this year. Down year for the Jags.

The "spin" is a very good Jag team that has already beaten the mighty panthers once would be much better with a 7'3" kid who is forced to watch.  A very good kid, by the way, who came to the states to get a better education and learn the game a basketball.  I am intimately aware of his situation and background and it's as textbook a case of a "hardship" as I've ever heard or seen.  But because a couple of other schools were quaking in their boots, some "contacts" were made to prevent him from playing.  So okay.  But if you're scared, at least admit you're scared.  We all know you are anyway ;)

By the way, if there's any karma or justice in this world, those 2 school will go 0-5 (at least) this year against the Jags...

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The "spin" is a very good Jag team that has already beaten the mighty panthers once would be much better with a 7'3" kid who is forced to watch.  A very good kid, by the way, who came to the states to get a better education and learn the game a basketball.  I am intimately aware of his situation and background and it's as textbook a case of a "hardship" as I've ever heard or seen.  But because a couple of other schools were quaking in their boots, some "contacts" were made to prevent him from playing.  So okay.  But if you're scared, at least admit you're scared.  We all know you are anyway ;)

By the way, if there's any karma or justice in this world, those 2 school will go 0-5 (at least) this year against the Jags...

Yep, personally, I think the kid should play. Central needs all the help they can get :) And I was well aware ( and predicted to *someone*) those calls would be made during the process.

1 minute ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Yep, personally, I think the kid should play. Central needs all the help they can get :) And I was well aware ( and predicted to *someone*) those calls would be made during the process.

I know your comment was tongue-in-cheek and you are all about letting the kids play.  I was just using your comment to rant a bit. :) 

2 hours ago, dogs1218 said:

I love this thread!! The characters who post on this site still make it worth my time to stop in and read. 

I don't agree with DV a lot but his post about him "making an unpopular prediction and getting hammered with ridicule" is all that happens here. Nederland fans know what that's like on the basketball forum. The worst part is that it is still happening, even though recent history has shown otherwise. I laugh all the time when people from the region count Nederland out with what has been going in their program. Until English is no longer coaching there AND the under-level system is gone, Nederland will compete every year for district and the playoffs. If that disappoints you, rewind the clocks 10 years back to your own "Glory Days"

I'm out now! Enjoy the game of basketball and support the kids playing! Good luck Jags and Dogs! 

Not predicting who wins, but the margin will be single digits

I appreciate the sentiment, however I must disagree with you on one thing. If Coach English left Nederland, they would be in GREAT hands with the right coach of course, simply because Brian has built that program on such a solid foundation (i.e. Ozen) PLUS Port Arthur North, errrr, I mean Nederland is getting A LOT of kids that they would not have normally gotten...That's due largely in part to what Coach E has built over there, and partially to what has NOT been done just south of them...I do know this as well...Its going to be a VERY interesting off season as far a the coaching carousel goes. VERY interesting. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown said:

OF you and ur frat (girl) brother are both haters and both will always ride on ozens tip both of yall need to just stop riding and just ride with BMT...... We couldn't find OF or DV after the YMBL but now yall up and talking...........smh

Why wouldn't I ride for Ozen and I went there you not making sense dude...and yeah Central beat Ozen by 6 while it was missing a starter big deal. Ozen is AT LEAST 15 points better than Central and I think it'll show in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Lol you seriously believe that Central is going to beat Ozen 3 straight times this year? Smh I see y'all dont know nothing about basketball in Big Sandy

51 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol you seriously believe that Central is going to beat Ozen 3 straight times this year? Smh I see y'all dont know nothing about basketball in Big Sandy

I know that I will probably forget more basketball than you've ever known before I finish typing this...

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And I made the wager when I assumed Sodom was going to be playing.  Don't worry dude - Uncle Rodney's gotcha.  

Another miss informed post by you Hoops...anybody that knows Rodney KNOW that's he has and always been pro central seeing that he sent his kids there and I believe he attended Charlton Pollard he was my principal at South Park and he always praised central so it's not a secret that Saveat is a fan of Central...And let's not forget when Toby was hired he originally wanted the job at Ozen but they gave him central instead...It's no secret that Savaet and company has been trying to set central up to win a state championship....so why would he look out for Ozen and not let the big kid play? Love when folks come on here and say things they don't have a clue about so I can make them look dumb as always...Savaet has never looked out for Ozen to my knowledge so why would he now? Especially when it would benefit Central makes no sense....stay in big sandy and out of the Beaumont schools business cause clearly you don't have a clue.

Ozensfinest the same starter that was missing in the first Central/Ozen game may be missing again for a different reason this time. He didnt play against Nederland and was suited up sitting on the bench. His presence was needed against Nederland and without him against Central Tuesday could be a difference maker. He was a physical presence at Cypress Hoops against those tough 6A schools. We shall see.....Nederland wasnt in the same conversation with Central/Ozen when they were having growing pains in predistrict with loses to:

Nov.17-Taaps 5A Kelly 56-53

Nov.24- 4A Hardin Jefferson 54-47

Dec.4- Private School Louisiana Christian 61-56

2A-Big Sandy (Hardin Jefferson Marathon Finals)

District play brings about a change.......