Central vs Nederland

42 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Another miss informed post by you Hoops...anybody that knows Rodney KNOW that's he has and always been pro central seeing that he sent his kids there and I believe he attended Charlton Pollard he was my principal at South Park and he always praised central so it's not a secret that Saveat is a fan of Central...And let's not forget when Toby was hired he originally wanted the job at Ozen but they gave him central instead...It's no secret that Savaet and company has been trying to set central up to win a state championship....so why would he look out for Ozen and not let the big kid play? Love when folks come on here and say things they don't have a clue about so I can make them look dumb as always...Savaet has never looked out for Ozen to my knowledge so why would he now? Especially when it would benefit Central makes no sense....stay in big sandy and out of the Beaumont schools business cause clearly you don't have a clue.

try again Radio.  I know who, where and when these conversations occurred.  I don't speak of what and whom I know nothing about (unlike some, like the person with whom I am speaking).  As far as why, if you can't add 2 + 2, well I can't help you pal.  

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

Ozensfinest the same starter that was missing in the first Central/Ozen game may be missing again for a different reason this time. He didnt play against Nederland and was suited up sitting on the bench. His presence was needed against Nederland and without him against Central Tuesday could be a difference maker. He was a physical presence at Cypress Hoops against those tough 6A schools. We shall see.....Nederland wasnt in the same conversation with Central/Ozen when they were having growing pains in predistrict with loses to:

Nov.17-Taaps 5A Kelly 56-53

Nov.24- 4A Hardin Jefferson 54-47

Dec.4- Private School Louisiana Christian 61-56

2A-Big Sandy (Hardin Jefferson Marathon Finals)

District play brings about a change.......

Yeah you're right his presence was definitely felt in the cypress tourney...what's the issue though grades? 

59 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

try again Radio.  I know who, where and when these conversations occurred.  I don't speak of what and whom I know nothing about (unlike some, like the person with whom I am speaking).  As far as why, if you can't add 2 + 2, well I can't help you pal.  

So let me get this straight...the UIL ruled the kid eligible but because you claimed Coach Savaet or someone affiliated with Ozen complained to Rodney Savaet about it he overruled the UIL's ruiling? 

5 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

So let me get this straight...the UIL ruled the kid eligible but because you claimed Coach Savaet or someone affiliated with Ozen complained to Rodney Savaet about it he overruled the UIL's ruiling? 

Reading comprehension my friend.  The DC is not the UIL.  It's ironic that someone who always claims no one else knows what they are talking about, continuously demonstrates he doesn't know his arse from his elbow...

26 minutes ago, HSbballFan said:

I don't know if this is the right place for this but does anyone mind posting the address for the Nederland gym. I remember having a hard time finding it last time I went to a game and I'd like to check tonight's game out. Thank you in advance. 

2100 18th st I think, I know its off Spurlock Rd. 

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Reading comprehension my friend.  The DC is not the UIL.  It's ironic that someone who always claims no one else knows what they are talking about, continuously demonstrates he doesn't know his arse from his elbow...

Well I was actually asking for you to enlighten me...I've never pretended to act like I know anything about the DC nor the UIL's process of deeming players ineligible. However you come on here saying "uncle rodney got you" ask if Saveat is on Ozen's side when everyone knows he's a Central guy. So my point is if whoever deemed the kid ineligible how in the world can you say that Coach Saveat's fault? Or claim that he made calls to ensure the kid didn't get eligible I'm pretty sure Coach Saveat don't have that much power. 

On January 8, 2016 at 9:18 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I never said anything....  Except that Ozen appeared at first that they'd run away with it.  Central has similar personnel to Ozen with more consistant 3 point shooters.  Gonna be hard for Nederland to Zone and keep up with Atwood and Pearson at the same time...  Also, in the Ozen-Nederland game, Ozen didn't have anyone to check Minguez.  Central has like 3 or 4 players with height, length, and athleticism that can check him...

So did they check him?

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What did Minguez finish with?

23 pts and 6 boards and a few assist. I hear Nigel is Centrals best player and not to take anything away from the young man but I just didn't see anything to impressive other than his ability to knock down his FT's. Centrals #12 is why they won that game he hit shot after shot when Nigel went out. 

Edited for correction. 23 

43 minutes ago, HSbballFan said:

23 pts and 6 boards and a few assist. I hear Nigel is Centrals best player and not to take anything away from the young man but I just didn't see anything to impressive other than his ability to knock down his FT's. Centrals #12 is why they won that game he hit shot after shot when Nigel went out. 

Actually, #12 Atwood has been the leading scorer all year...  Nijal has taken more of a facilitator role this year, but make no mistake, Atwood is the scorer....

2 hours ago, HSbballFan said:

Atwood is ranked 8th, Pearson 13th in Hicks' current rankings.   That has been reversed as often as not.  Point being they are 1 and 1a either way.  Both do different things really well.  I love the junkyard dog-type players so I really enjoy watching TJ.  When they are meshing, the Jags are a very tough team to beat. 

Also, glad to hear Nigel was hitting big FTs last night.  Saw him struggle with them earlier this year which was not normal for him.