9 4A D2 All District

kicker

Congrats to Kendrick "crown'em" King for being named district MVP the  kid put his team on his back , just wish it would have ended in regionals . Also to Tyreese White for being named Offensive Newcomer of the year he maybe a problem for the next 2 years in the area if he is used right .At one time  In Hamshire history we always had some really good backs lets hope we crank that back up . Shout out to the rest of the young men at hf,  it was nice to see them win this year and get some recognition . Now lets build a damn defense !!! WOS still plays smash mouth ball and lights out defense which explains going 4rounds In 2012 and 2013  and 6 deep twice in 2014 and 2015 winning it all  this year. Defense still wins championships. 

Congrats to Kendrick "crown'em" King for being named district MVP the  kid put his team on his back , just wish it would have ended in regionals . Also to Tyreese White for being named Offensive Newcomer of the year he maybe a problem for the next 2 years in the area if he is used right .At one time  In Hamshire history we always had some really good backs lets hope we crank that back up . Shout out to the rest of the young men at hf,  it was nice to see them win this year and get some recognition . Now lets build a damn defense !!! WOS still plays smash mouth ball and lights out defense which explains going 4rounds In 2012 and 2013  and 6 deep twice in 2014 and 2015 winning it all  this year. Defense still wins championships. 

good post except u left off a year 2011 we lost in the 4th round also,11,12,&13 lost

What.A.Joke.

This used to be an honorable thing. Now it is everyone gets a trophy.  This was a district of only 5 teams. Looking at safety's alone, their are 7 listed. I know some play with 2, but even at doubling 2 that gets you to 4 (2 on first and 2 on second). Why are the coaches doing this? How many coaches even know the other kids on the opposing team? Seems like if coaches got out of coaching they could easily find a job in sales (like the pitches made to get the kids on the list). I'm sure many of these kids are "great" kids, but that does NOT earn them a spot on the list. 

KJ Dad, I commend you and your son on your honesty. Congratulations also to the Mustangs on their championship year (it is hard to compete against them on the field and for honors). 

Congrats to all the kids that made it. I asked my kid how in the world he made1st Team as a Punter? (Reason why, is that WOS Didn't Punt Much In district.) He repiled with a laugh, and said daddy I was thinking the same thing???. How in the world did i make it? We probably punted 6 times in 5 games.... He's just a  firm believer in Nothing Giving, you gotta EARN IT. An he felt like he didn't earn 1st Team Punter. Now I can't speak on the other kids that made The All District Team only mine. Again Congrats to the kids that made All District.

Maybe it should have said "Most Dangerous" Punter. He had the chance to turn a 4th down into a TD at any momment if they gave him a seam. LOL!!

Over 80+ selections.....

I went back 30 years ago(1985)  to the date almost and looked up my old all district picks article . The 1st team offense ,  defense and 2nd offense and defense altogether was 48 picks . Add the superlatives which was 4 slots it was 52 in all . Mind you back then if you won a superlative you were also eligible to be placed on the all district (imo your suppose to )team . We had a 7 team district. Honarable Mention back then meant something as well , but now its jusr crazy !! You have over 24-25 kids on 1st teams , that is a total of almost 50 on offense and defense . Last i checked its still 22 jokers on that field at the same time . Coaches need to get it together!! Every kid cant make an honor , sorry !! You get your "participation trophies" at your school's anual banquet.